You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (A) Champions League 15/3/2023

Bjornebye

Not too annoyed by the performance. Defensively we weren't great but you're always going to give up chances in these games. Thought every player in the backline was at fault for the goal, but also they had a little luck. It happens.

At the other end was a bit more annoying. We didn't really create anything to put them under pressure, despite them giving us a few clear runs at goal. Bad passes and shite crossing. 

Regardless didn't expect much with that midfield, despite milner and fabinho both playing pretty well. 

More annoyed about Bournemouth still. That results put us in a tough spot. 

The most worrying thing is I'm not sure the players look up for the fight. After starting the season physically exhausted they now look mentally done. Have to shake it off for that horror week in April.

28 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You are deffo a parody. This is as bad as I've ever seen a Liverpool side, considering the supposed quality at the helm and in the side. This side has lost to Brighton twice, Leeds, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brentford, Forest and drew with Palace twice. 

At least some of the older sides had a load of shit in them as an excuse.

This is the worst Liverpool side you’ve ever seen? You only been supporting us since 2015 then? You do come across as a spoilt, FIFA obsessed, millennial, virgin. 

My post clearly says we aren’t good enough this season and we need reinforcements.

Even just taking last night into isolation (ie ignoring the first leg) we are still playing Real Madrid, the European Champions, in the Bernabeu, who have gone full strength and we’ve turned up missing key players and low on confidence. 

Winning there even on best of days would be very difficult - they are a really, REALLY good fucking side. 

Or are you disputing any of the above? Are you just ranting for the sake of it, thinking you will get an argument out of me?

IMO, don’t think we disgraced ourselves last night. We didn’t go down swinging, we didn’t go down like a fart in a lift either. 

Kindly engage your brain & think before coming back with any sort of response because I don’t have the time or tolerance more any more of your half baked, nonsensical, honestly thick, posts. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This is the worst Liverpool side you’ve ever seen? You only been supporting us since 2015 then? You do come across as a spoilt, FIFA obsessed, millennial, virgin. 

My post clearly says we aren’t good enough this season and we need reinforcements.

Even just taking last night into isolation (ie ignoring the first leg) we are still playing Real Madrid, the European Champions, in the Bernabeu, who have gone full strength and we’ve turned up missing key players and low on confidence. 

Winning there even on best of days would be very difficult - they are a really, REALLY good fucking side. 

Or are you disputing any of the above? Are you just ranting for the sake of it, thinking you will get an argument out of me?

IMO, don’t think we disgraced ourselves last night. We didn’t go down swinging, we didn’t go down like a fart in a lift either. 

Kindly engage your brain & think before coming back with any sort of response because I don’t have the time or tolerance more any more of your half baked, nonsensical, honestly thick, posts. 

Fucking hell you cant read!!!!!

This is as bad as I've ever seen a Liverpool side, CONSIDERING THE SUPPOSED QUALITY AT THE HELM AND IN THE SIDE.

Do you want that printed out in massive fucking letters.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

"FIFA obsessed, millennial, virgin"

Nope, definitely nope, married with two kids.

Shows your typical, top red mindset. You cant think broader or out of the box. Everything has to be positive or you just go and bury your head in the sand. How do you deal with real life Scott? Do you run and hide?

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Fucking hell you cant read!!!!!

This is as bad as I've ever seen a Liverpool side, CONSIDERING THE SUPPOSED QUALITY AT THE HELM AND IN THE SIDE.

Do you want that printed out in massive fucking letters.

No, I read it. I still think it’s a bollocks comment. 

Anyway, you going to respond to the rest of my posts that you disagree with? 

As I said, I don’t have time or tolerance for you. 

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

"FIFA obsessed, millennial, virgin"

Nope, definitely nope, married with two kids.

Shows your typical, top red mindset. You cant think broader or out of the box. Everything has to be positive or you just go and bury your head in the sand. How do you deal with real life Scott? Do you run and hide?

Hilarious. 

Literally, what the fuck are you on about? 

Positive and burying my head in the sand? I’ve said twice in this thread this morning we’re not good enough this season and we need reinforcements. I said it in the rebuild thread today as well. 

Last night doesn’t change my opinion of anything. I thought we did Ok in the circumstances. You obviously don’t think we did, I don’t really care about your opinion because I think you’re an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Right now, players that ld have every faith in for a successful season next season-

Alisson, Konate, Robbo, Gakpo.  

Sneaking in but need to be vastly more improved or more consistant- Salah, Nunez, Virgil. Diaz hasnt done much wrong in fairness to him. 

8 of the current lot.

No way we will spend the required money to build a squad around that.

While we need new signings, I don't think it's about individuals - it seems a more general malaise. The players just didn't have it in them this season, mentally and physically, to go to the well again. The constant injuries speak for themselves. As critical as we've all been, they've probably earnt the right to that lousy season given the efforts that have gone before. 

Obviously, we need two new midfielders and probably a centre half, but I think there's a reasonable chance that we'll be competitive next season after a proper rest. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No, I read it. I still think it’s a bollocks comment. 

Anyway, you going to respond to the rest of my posts that you disagree with? 

As I said, I don’t have time or tolerance for you. 

Ok so you still think its bollocks, but you made the wrong comparison anyway.

You come into the thread and post that people are talking shit and "taking the biscuit" which is fucking wide of the mark because this team, manager, staff and owners have been massively underperforming all season. We have no money, a massive rebuild on and have been outfought, outrun and battered by nearly every inferior side in the league to date.

Fucking tolerance indeed.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hilarious. 

Literally, what the fuck are you on about? 

Positive and burying my head in the sand? I’ve said twice in this thread this morning we’re not good enough this season and we need reinforcements. I said it in the rebuild thread today as well. 

Last night doesn’t change my opinion of anything. I thought we did Ok in the circumstances. You obviously don’t think we did, I don’t really care about your opinion because I think you’re an idiot. 

Its only taken you a few years to get to the point that the team needs investment so congratulations there. You don't like me because I make the points you don't want to deal with, simple.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

can you imagine the likes of Fagan and Bob putting up with that?  It would never happen.  There’s a malaise at the club.  Players, owners and manager.  They are all to blame.  I no longer believe Klopp can turn it around.  Not while the majority of these players are still at the club.  I’m not talking about Henderson here, who I believe has been carried for 10 years, but I’m talking about geniune top class players like Trent, Salah, VVD Even Fabinho.  They’re either not listening to him or he’s telling them to go out and play in a way which makes them look worse than they are.  The only world class midfielder we have can’t play for more than 50% of the games, and we are very reliant on Milner, who is a magnificent role model but has never been truly top class.  

in brighter news, I think there’s a player in Nunez, we just need someone to unlock his talents.  And Gakpo could be the new Wijnaldum, should the manager choose to use him that way.  

Carried a player for ten years? Behave yourself!

• Upvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

It’s oonly taken you a few years to get to the point that the team needs investment so congratulations there. You don't like me because I make the points you don't want to deal with, simple.

No, I don’t like you because you’re a complete moron.

That post last night, I’m embarrassed for you - FSG (of course), Klopp, the fans, the media, the players… Fucking hell, if only everybody was as alert to what a shambles we are as you are. 

I’ve made numerous comments about needing strengthening. In terms of volume, I’m the top poster in the various transfer threads. I’ve constantly said we need midfield reinforcements. Just because I don’t rant and rant and rant and rant like a spoilt teenager at every opportunity doesn’t mean I’m happy about everything - believe me, I’m as disappointed at this season as anybody (again, things I’ve repeatedly said).

Like or don’t. I couldn’t care less. 

24 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

While we need new signings, I don't think it's about individuals - it seems a more general malaise. The players just didn't have it in them this season, mentally and physically, to go to the well again. The constant injuries speak for themselves. As critical as we've all been, they've probably earnt the right to that lousy season given the efforts that have gone before. 

Obviously, we need two new midfielders and probably a centre half, but I think there's a reasonable chance that we'll be competitive next season after a proper rest. 

An injection of of new blood in the midfield could transform things as you say.

Arsenal are a good example- Im sure half their current squad would have been getting pelters for years whilst they languished in 7th or 8th- a few things fall into place (mainly signings) and the same players suddenly start performing        

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

An injection of of new blood in the midfield could transform things as you say.

Arsenal are a good example- Im sure half their current squad would have been getting pelters for years whilst they languished in 7th or 8th- a few things fall into place (mainly signings) and the same players suddenly start performing        

Yeah, good point. They looked like a beaten docket at the end of last season. Huge improvement this season. All for nothing if they don't win the league, though. 

We need about 6 players for the starting 11, options off bench.

Keita, Milner, Ox, Gomez and Bobby all need to be replaced. Henderson needs to move into a squad player role, Thiago a luxury when fit but realistically a minimum of 3 midfielders needed. A proper old fashioned RB in the mold of Arbeloa, a CB as Konate and Matip are made of crisps.

1 hour ago, Planet Origi said:

It all started to go wrong with the Thiago signing. What a stupid bit of business that's turned out to be. You look at players like Kroos and Modric and you'd think he was in their class the way people talk him up, but he's nowhere near even at his best.

but he is.  And he's proved it at the best clubs in Europe.  Stop being a tool. 

58 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Carried a player for ten years? Behave yourself!

There's obviously something I'm missing.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of genuinely influential games I've seen him have.  If you can think of any, let me know and I'll search them out.  On the other hand I have seen him avoid making a tackle, bottling out of 50 50s, and choosing to hide rather than receive the ball from a throw in or when he might be put under pressure, and panicking and putting his teammates in trouble when he is put under pressure.  And what is it when he goes over to our free kick takers but a way of 'looking involved'?  He's never going to take it, and god knows he's not going have some insight missed by the one who will take it.  

2 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Henderson and Thiago

One is now shit and mostly injured and the other is always injured. Both need replacing, BUT if we replaced Keita and Ox a few years ago we wouldnt need to replace the former mentioned right now. 

The reality is neither will get shipped out.  And Milner will be in the squad next season.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

No, I don’t like you because you’re a complete moron.

You don't know me fella.

That post last night, I’m embarrassed for you - FSG (of course), Klopp, the fans, the media, the players… Fucking hell, if only everybody was as alert to what a shambles we are as you are. 

Don't be embarrassed for me it was on point. I get it, you worship these guys, I don't which helps me to be objective and to praise when need be and when to stick the boot in. This Club has absolutely loved itself to death over the last couple of years and you are the proof.

I’ve made numerous comments about needing strengthening. In terms of volume, I’m the top poster in the various transfer threads. I’ve constantly said we need midfield reinforcements. 

For years you told us we were moaners, that our owners were great and that we were all being knee jerk. now you agree we need to take action - shame its two years to late. How do i know this? because i lived through our most successful time and the Club was always succession planning and not kissing its own backside.

Just because I don’t rant and rant and rant and rant like a spoilt teenager at every opportunity doesn’t mean I’m happy about everything - believe me, I’m as disappointed at this season as anybody (again, things I’ve repeatedly said).

Again here come the tropes, ranty teenager, Fifa generation, virgin etc, shows your level of IQ as being low. Thankfully you are not as bad as that other dipstick, Bjornebye who decided to call me a cunt because I dared suggest Man Utd were not that great a team last week, before we subsequently went on to lose to Bournemouth the week after .

Like or don’t. I couldn’t care less. 

Obviously you do.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You don't know me fella.

Don't be embarrassed for me it was on point. I get it, you worship these guys, I don't which helps me to be objective and to praise when need be and when to stick the boot in. This Club has absolutely loved itself to death over the last couple of years and you are the proof.

For years you told us we were moaners, that our owners were great and that we were all being knee jerk. now you agree we need to take action - shame its two years to late. How do i know this? because i lived through our most successful time and the Club was always succession planning and not kissing its own backside.

Again here come the tropes, ranty teenager, Fifa generation, virgin etc, shows your level of IQ as being low. Thankfully you are not as bad as that other dipstick, Bjornebye who decided to call me a cunt because I dared suggest Man Utd were not that great a team last week, before we subsequently went on to lose to Bournemouth the week after .

Obviously you do.

219F7AE5-3A8A-4916-B960-3E8FFBE8710C.jpeg