You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sat 18th Feb 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

We’ve had a really poor season. Disappointing that we haven’t really gone for it in the 25 minutes since they went down to ten. No gain at all in taking  the foot off the pedal, particularly with the Real game on the horizon. 

Anyway, give Robbo a rest by bringing on Tsimikas and give Firmino, Jota and Keita 30 minutes each. 

Just now, Special K said:

Am I right in thinking that Loris 'fucking' Karius will be in goal for Newcastle in the League Cup final?

I think so, Pope banned, Dubravka cup tied, and as far as I can see on their website its Karius and a lad called Mark Gillespie left.

Maybe they'll see sense and pick Gillespie.

Just now, El Rojo said:

We’ve had a really poor season. Disappointing that we haven’t really gone for it in the 25 minutes since they went down to ten. No gain at all in taking  the foot off the pedal, particularly with the Real game on the horizon. 

Anyway, give Robbo a rest by bringing on Tsimikas and give Firmino, Jota and Keita 30 minutes each. 

I disagree. I only need Robbo to get booked for my bet to come in. 

Run him into the fucking ground, Jurgen. 

Tried their best to rule our goals out didn't they...and what the fuck was the 'offside check' as it was titled when shown on screen about with Nunez's.

Yet another incorrect operation of the technology I assume.

Useless gets.

We need to put these to the sword 2nd half and extunguish any hope quickly.

Great result from a pretty strange half. We’ve been poor defensively and excellent in attack. 

And we have a world class goalkeeper. That and the fact that we’ve taken our chances are the main reasons we lead. 

Apart from Ali I think Bajcetic has been brilliant again. Trent very good in attack, Nunez very good and the best I’ve seen from Salah for a while. Gakpo hasnt been brilliant, but he’s a very intelligent player, easy to see why Klopp wants to play him in the Firmino role.