You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Mon 13th Feb 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

We created enough chances today  but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Wolves' 3rd was the only time they were in our half

I get the feeling what happened in first 12 mins might have influenced that a bit though.

Mind 22 goal attempts we had - only 4 on target - poor.

Always gonna be a problem for a team when you likely need 2 goals just to draw and as you say you can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It is the worst possible mix....a porous defence and a blunt attack.

9 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Agree with that

Would like to think that the chances start going in at some point - who knows what that may lead to then.

Thing is we have seen it already this season where we have suddenly clicked and won well and then thought "hello maybe season starts here" only to fall off again after.

Our form before the break was actually decent - well at least in terms of results (most important thing) even if we weren't always convincing we were winning games, we then won at Villa on return and again whilst not being totally convincing - then we beat Leicester playing terribly (but teams winning when playing poorly is usually a good thing!).

But it was really poor - 3pts though.....since then though we have fallen off a cliff with the performances and the results going from bad to worse.

Just hoping to fuck we can find the answers because at the moment it looks like there are none.

Form table last 5 games.

The really irritating thing is the sides chasing 4th have been mediocre - if we had been even decent we'd be well in that fight.

Screenshot-20230204-212932-Chrome.jpg

Look at the goals conceded column - worst in league over last 5!

And paired with just 3 scored its a recipe for disaster.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Form table last 5 games.

The really irritating thing is the sides chasing 4th have been mediocre - if we had been even decent we'd be well in that fight.

Screenshot-20230204-212932-Chrome.jpg

Look at the goals conceded column - worst in league over last 5!

And paired with just 3 scored its a recipe for disaster.

What the teams chasing top 4 are doing is totally irrelevant unfortunately. We need to hope the bottom 6 dont win a single match the next three months. We’re so poor now every team in the league are not just capable, but almost certain to beat us. Relegation could happen.

• Haha 1

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

What the teams chasing top 4 are doing is totally irrelevant unfortunately. We need to hope the bottom 6 dont win a single match the next three months. We’re so poor now every team in the league are not just capable, but almost certain to beat us. Relegation could happen.

Whilst I agree we are a mess, I don't believe for a moment we could go down.

I could maybe see us struggle to finish top half - although think we will, but relegated? No. Not in my view. We are not that bad.

You are talking about us getting something like maybe less than 8 or 9 pts from 18 games - i refuse to believe we are that bad 

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Whilst I agree we are a mess, I don't believe for a moment we could go down.

I could maybe see us struggle to finish top half - although think we will, but relegated? No. Not in my view. We are not that bad.

You are talking about us getting something like maybe less than 8 or 9 pts from 18 games - i refuse to believe we are that bad 

I think there we’re that bad now. So imo the question is how long we’ll stay that bad.

Anyway hope you’re right.

I can't be doing with all the defeatist surrender-monkies on here.  Yes, we've been nowhere near the standards expected of our squad, but Everton are in deep shit because they fucking are shit.

Let's all stop being the same bollockless virgins we moan at our players for being.

Now more than ever, just get these beat, Reds.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Would consider bringing big Nat in for this one, purely for set pieces. 

That’s genuinely what I think Klopp should do just watched the highlights on MOTD of Everton bombarding Arsenal with crosses & corners. 
We’re going to get the shit kicked out of us we’ve been poison since the break for the World Cup it would be great if the team found some fight in them & got stuck in at least against them that’s how little I’m expecting at this stage. 

On 04/02/2023 at 20:46, Poor Scouser T said:

They will never score twice. Now fully expect to be 2 down in 20mins The only thing they did today with any quality was run around a lot. And dive.

They are very capable of scoring twice against our brittle defence and we'll probably have to play Gomez,a disaster,and Matip,a pale shadow of his former self. This is without mentioning Trent and our OAP midfield.

50 minutes ago, sir roger said:

i think Everton sitting back will suit us and hopefully let us get into an attacking rhythm. To repeat a lot of posters, we have to stop needing 20 chances to get a goal.

Desparate times call for desparate measures. Jurgen should tell the players to drop all the nice guy professional shit and start rolling around on the ground and wasting time like Newcastle, Brighton and Wolves, twice each  have done on our tackles recently.

If nothing else, we need to start getting some free kicks around oppos boxes even if we arent shooting well right now. Buy a ticket in the raffle and all that.

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Desparate times call for desparate measures. Jurgen should tell the players to drop all the nice guy professional shit and start rolling around on the ground and wasting time like Newcastle, Brighton and Wolves, twice each  have done on our tackles recently.

If nothing else, we need to start getting some free kicks around oppos boxes even if we arent shooting well right now. Buy a ticket in the raffle and all that.

Fuck that off. Fight shit with shit? Nah.

We're just better than them. Turn up properly and we'll win.