You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think the one thing we'd gain if we signed him, is he is good on the ball.

The balls to the wall destroyer of the World Cup for Morocco, I have huge doubts we would see that player at Liverpool. He's not a big ball winner statistically and we see it all the time that players sublime themselves for their national team and then mysteriously start giving less of a fuck for their clubs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott_M said:

They’ll both be at the AFCON in Jan / Feb.

No thanks.

Let's never sign African players then because they might miss a few weeks every two years.

Personally I liked Amrabat more as a compliment to Lavia, but still wouldn't be against signing him on the right deal. Good player despite the reductive finish 7th bullshit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I think the one thing we'd gain if we signed him, is he is good on the ball.

The balls to the wall destroyer of the World Cup for Morocco, I have huge doubts we would see that player at Liverpool. He's not a big ball winner statistically and we see it all the time that players sublime themselves for their national team and then mysteriously start giving less of a fuck for their clubs.

Yeah fair.

Have a look at this too...

Different teams and all that of course but not terrible.

Screenshot-2023-08-17-at-04-54-36-Compar

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Let's never sign African players then because they might miss a few weeks every two years.

I didn’t say that. 

Given the issues we currently have in midfield, I can’t think it would be smart to sign 2 players in the same position for them both to leave during Jan / Feb. 

Especially as we’re scheduled to play Arsenal and Chelsea during the AFCON. 

Basically. Everyone's going to moan like fuck regardless.

Sign someone? Moan about who.
Sign no-one? Moan they didn't pull out all the stops.

There's effectively no realistically available player out there that could redeem this given the funk most people seem to be in.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Basically. Everyone's going to moan like fuck regardless.

Sign someone? Moan about who.
Sign no-one? Moan they didn't pull out all the stops.

There's effectively no realistically available player out there that could redeem this given the funk most people seem to be in.

My issue with Amrabat is even though every time I’ve seen him during the World Cup and Conference Final I think he’s played quite well, I just don’t think he’s good enough. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

My issue with Amrabat is even though every time I’ve seen him during the World Cup and Conference Final I think he’s played quite well, I just don’t think he’s good enough. 

I'm not sure whether he's *the* guy. Probably not. But he was an absolute monster in the World Cup.

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He isn’t a destroyer at all, not for Fiorentina anyway. He’s a playmaker. Absolutely not what we need in our midfield right now at all. 

He actually makes no sense as a player. 26 years old at Fiorentina, with 1 year left on his deal, but had a World Cup where he looks like a world class player in every way.

There's something that doesn't jive there. Unfulfilled promise, or lack of application. Maybe a huge late bloomer. Not sure.

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm not sure whether he's *the* guy. Probably not. But he was an absolute monster in the World Cup.

Yes-ish. 

If it was somebody top quality alongside first and then Amrabat was a squad player, I’d accept that.

I just don’t know who the top quality player is.

It’s weird, every time I’ve seen Amrabat he’s been impressive, I just have a very strong feeling he isn’t good enough.