You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EFL Cup Thurs 22nd Dec. Man City vs Liverpool

Lee909

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

I would have been over the moon if someone had ended his career tonight.

Fat fucking Belgian cunt.

I'd have been over the moon if one of our midfielders would have gotten near the fat Belgian cunt tonight.

He was shite in the world Cup like Bernardo Silva they need the stability of city they know areas on the pitch city players will be and the use it without that they looked ordinary. Was it arrigo Sacchi who used to play training matches without a ball? The idea was for players to learn were they should be when certain players have the ball and we're they should move to when they haven't.

Dear Santa.....please, please, please, please, please PLEASE get Jurgen 2 new midfielders in Jan....ones who can run, who have some physical presence and are alert to danger/can cover gaps....

He has been a very, very good boy and he deserves them.

I'm happy to forego any pressies myself this year so he can have them and i am sure my friends here at TLW will join me in doing the same.

Oh and feel free to take fucking Oxlade and Keita as reindeer scran.

Ta.

19 minutes ago, Mook said:

That referee was a fucking disgrace tonight.

They were fine to kick out, impede throw ins and kick the ball away in injury time plus every single 50/50 went their fucking way.

We weren't great but when you're up against that plus a bent referee, you are fucked.

Call me old fashioned as well but I would be telling someone to go right through that fucking Tin Tin cunt if I was the manager. Sick of the sight of him.

Tuned in late and mostly watched on fast forward. Of the 5 minutes I watched at normal speed, there were 4 clear fouls on our players that he failed to give. How did Gundogan not get booked for shoving Fab to the ground?!

Plenty of things to criticise with our performance, but we created a few clear chances that easily could have swayed this in our favour. With the teams that were put out I expected a loss, and so it turned out.

That didn't take away from what a monstrosity of a performance from the man supposedly in charge of refereeing though. I've been harping on about this since the early 90's, but do people REALLY think these referees aren't influenced in any way against us/for the opposition?

- culturally?

- geographically?

- on the take?

With what we've seen in football over the last couple of decades, from transfers to betting scandals, to giving out World Cups, are there still people that believe that the English game is so pure that a referee can't be influenced or downright bought? Look at that performance again and tell me that the ref isn't biased towards Haaland, Rodri, de Bruyne, or the whole team we play against. I'll accept some home bias when meeting the other top clubs at their grounds, but we're basically facing 80/20 refereeing every time we meet both Manc clubs at their places, normally orchestrated by some Manc referee. 

If there's anything that will make Klopp leave us before his contract ends, it will be his frustration with the obvious cheating that's going on.

44 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Are people actually whinging about this? Being out of that competition this season is a godsend.

Get to fuck.

If we'd won that tonight we would have been clear favourites to win the cup.

What trophies are we going to win because we lost tonight?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Missed Van Dijk and then Milner in terms of having a few words with that ref tonight. 

And while I’m cranky, can you imagine the ongoing superlatives and gifs if the utterly anonymous Thiago had played the ball Ox did during our second goal’s build-up?

It was a beautiful play and pass, hardly heard it mentioned.

• Upvote 1

"Virus" in squad....could be a problem this week.

Jürgen Klopp is optimistic the issue that forced James Milner from the field during the first half of Liverpool’s Carabao Cup tie with Manchester City is not serious – and confirmed Trent Alexander-Arnold missed out due to illness.

Milner was withdrawn after 38 minutes of the Reds’ fourth-round clash with Pep Guardiola’s side at Etihad Stadium having pulled up.

Klopp explained during his post-match press conference: "Millie felt something in the hamstring. We still hope it is not an injury, but we will see. He felt something, but after 30 years in the business he said, 'I don’t think it’s a lot' so we will see.”

Meanwhile, the manager explained how a virus kept Alexander-Arnold out of the fixture.

The full-back was set to be involved in the encounter until sickness ruled him out, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain also suffering from illness in the build-up to the game.

"We thought Trent was available but then he got ill, so that is what we have to wait for,” Klopp said of Alexander-Arnold.

Elsewhere, Virgil van Dijk is set to return to the squad for Liverpool’s Premier League fixture with Aston Villa on Boxing Day following World Cup duty.

"Virgil trained today [and] yesterday completely normal and should be ready for Monday, but we have to see who gets the virus until then,” added the boss.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

They were fine to kick out, impede throw ins and kick the ball away in injury time plus every single 50/50 went their fucking way.

We weren't great but when you're up against that plus a bent referee, you are fucked.

Call me old fashioned as well but I would be telling someone to go right through that fucking Tin Tin cunt if I was the manager. Sick of the sight of him.

"Play on....!"

7771621-1c228f70-2c35-4906-9e5a-12ff55f79afe.jpeg

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, lebron said:

Plenty of things to criticise with our performance, but we created a few clear chances that easily could have swayed this in our favour. With the teams that were put out I expected a loss, and so it turned out.

That didn't take away from what a monstrosity of a performance from the man supposedly in charge of refereeing though. I've been harping on about this since the early 90's, but do people REALLY think these referees aren't influenced in any way against us/for the opposition?

- culturally?

- geographically?

- on the take?

With what we've seen in football over the last couple of decades, from transfers to betting scandals, to giving out World Cups, are there still people that believe that the English game is so pure that a referee can't be influenced or downright bought? Look at that performance again and tell me that the ref isn't biased towards Haaland, Rodri, de Bruyne, or the whole team we play against. I'll accept some home bias when meeting the other top clubs at their grounds, but we're basically facing 80/20 refereeing every time we meet both Manc clubs at their places, normally orchestrated by some Manc referee. 

If there's anything that will make Klopp leave us before his contract ends, it will be his frustration with the obvious cheating that's going on.

Rodri kicked and pushed Carvalho in the first half. Free City

Rodri pulled Fabinho (I think) back to stop a breakaway. Foul, no booking.

Rodri lashed out at Fabinho with 5 minutes left. A booking. 

He has obviously taken the Fernandinho mantle of getting 85 minutes grace from referees. 

Agree, how the fuck did Gundogan not get booked for pushing Fabinho to the floor?

They kicked the fuck out of our players and Carragher was lauding the ref allowing hard challenges (fouls in English). He is a God-awful co-commentator. Rambled on about the best league in the world crap all night and how wonderful de BRINE was. He really is a painful listen. 

We had some poor performers tonight but the ref was the worst on the pitch, by a mile. 

Oh and Manchester City are a bunch of cunts. Those two young lads have been molded well. Classless bastards

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Rodri is the one that Milner should have booted up in the air the moment he decided to play the big man against rock solid, five stone wet through, Carvalho.

The ref was fucking dreadful. I know Fabinho has the odd game where he probably should get an earlier booking than he does but Rodri has taken over the mantle from Fernandinho where he seems to just to regularly play the game with completely different rules to everyone else.