You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Arsenal are top of the league, agreed 2 new signing in January and #Eduout is trending.

They appear underwhelmed by Jorginho, and are peeved that their top targets were Mudryk and Caicedo and he couldn’t get them over the line.

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Arsenal are top of the league, agreed 2 new signing in January and #Eduout is trending.

But what's the actual detail of those two signings?

They spent months trying to sign Mudryk for 70-80-90 million struggled to come up with a suitable payment structure and were ultimately gazumped by Chelsea so went for a player at a fraction of the price (still a good player but outside the age profile Arsenal have been trying to recruit in).

They were then going for Caicedo for 60-70-80 million and ultimately opted for a significantly older player of a completely different type to what they were targeting for 12 million from Chelsea (again, I think Jorginho is a decent signing who'll bring a bit of experience to the team but on the face of it it's a very Arsenal of two or three years ago signing).

None of that makes EduOut right but it's not quite as easy as they signed two player.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

But what's the actual detail of those two signings?

They spent months trying to sign Mudryk for 70-80-90 million struggled to come up with a suitable payment structure and were ultimately gazumped by Chelsea so went for a player at a fraction of the price (still a good player but outside the age profile Arsenal have been trying to recruit in).

They were then going for Caicedo for 60-70-80 million and ultimately opted for a significantly older player of a completely different type to what they were targeting for 12 million from Chelsea (again, I think Jorginho is a decent signing who'll bring a bit of experience to the team but on the face of it it's a very Arsenal of two or three years ago signing).

None of that makes EduOut right but it's not quite as easy as they signed two player.

They also seemingly only decided to sign midfield backup once Elneny or whoever got injured(least thats what Arsneal fans I know have claimed), coupled with then going for a cheaper/worse last minute panic buy it all seems a bit Liverpool FC of them.

1 minute ago, Tenfolder said:

They also seemingly only decided to sign midfield backup once Elneny or whoever got injured(least thats what Arsneal fans I know have claimed), coupled with then going for a cheaper/worse last minute panic buy it all seems a bit Liverpool FC of them.

And are letting Lokonga leave to make room!!!!

29 minutes ago, Red74 said:

We are run by the Tories. It’s been years of austerity under these fucking cunts while there’s been more money than ever swimming around football. The monies not gonna dry up either. Get into them jurgen ffs

Yeah but our owners don’t take money out of the club or something. Obviously when they sell they’ll take a fucking fuck load of money out of the club but the real smart super fans know what’s what.

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

Yeah but our owners don’t take money out of the club or something. Obviously when they sell they’ll take a fucking fuck load of money out of the club but the real smart super fans know what’s what.

I know, imagine wondering where the other 2/3rds of the wage bill go after taking the football side out of it. 

Dont these idiots realise the girls serving the Stone Age pies at Anfield won’t work for less than £40k pa.

Makes me sick how the Boston saints don’t get the respeck they deserve

6 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Sabitzer is decent, he’s not really what we need, but we should have been in for him. 

A bit more attacking than we need, but having played for Leipzig & under Ragnorok, you feel he’d  know what would be expected of him.

I’m not that arsed we aren’t getting him. I’m bothered the mancs have an injury and make a move. We’ve been crying out for 6m and done nothing.