You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) – Sun 19th Dec 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

24 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

All of that’s true, but it doesn’t mean you can’t still have a draw away at Spurs in these circumstances being a good point. A point away to Chelsea would be a good point too. 

Because we’re so good, there won’t be many games where a point is anything other than a disappointment, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be any. 

I agree...todays point stings more for me because of the injustice of playing with a weakened team. In my view it simply should not have happened.

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I can't agree. He was one of our best players today. 

He was tormented by constant single balls splitting our whole defence. Our high line system can't work with emergency personnel. I dearly wish we would learn that. 

The players have to fit Klopp’s system, and not vice versa. They will get plenty of opportunities to improve.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Has the absolute cunt said that?  No wonder this will be the agenda from the half wits in the media.  A lying absolute cunt.

He also said that Robbo told him on the pitch it was an ok tackle and not a red. Which I don’t believe.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Loads of incidents there , but the crux for me was our sloppy and casual attitude to passing the ball. If we take more care with the ball we win that game comfortably. The great majority of their good chances came from us giving the ball away , with all the midfield ,Trent and Jota being amongst the worst offenders.

Having said all that , we have drawn at Spurs after winning 12 matches on the trot , so I am not asking the wife to confiscate my belts just yet.

Spot on that. I said at half time, especially if we make it 2-1, we should try and kill the game and be less adventurous. I feel like it's 2 points dropped but equally a point gained - we could have lost this. There were enough top class players out there today to win this, so lets not feel sorry for ourselves for the players missing.

We are three points behind them. We play them so right there a chance to get ahead of them. What we don't have is room for dropping silly points. They won't drop many. Beat Leicester and a solid point from Chelsea along with a win (big one Santa please) against Leeds. Then a lot of shitty away games out of the way and we are ready to hunt the fuckers down. You never know they might drop some stupid points. We just need to stay on their coat tails.

They got a lot of luck today. Wouldn't it be nice if they were the ones fucked over in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Salah and Jota put together had 5 more touches.

It's not the losing of possession per se , it's losing it sloppily when there are easy passes on and a bit more care is required. There was one second half today by Keita where he underhit a straightforward pass across the half way line which was cut out and gave them a 2 on 2 , and Thiago gave a few object examples against Newcastle.

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Assuming it doesn't count as 'violent conduct ' which prompts the 3 games.

The VAR said possible red card, serious foul play. Which would be 3 games as I thought. I didnt hear it but my lad said Sky said Robbo gets a 1 game ban. They could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Salah and Jota put together had 5 more touches.

One of those 5 extra touches, Jota scored and another he was denied a clear pen!

38 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I think that's a problem shared by all the defenders. There's only so many permutations those little triangles can make, and it only takes one slightly mistimed pass or one lapse in concentration and then the whole thing collapses. I often see us give the ball back to him after he's passed it out and think, 'Shite, you're just asking for an error now'. I know why we play out like that but sometimes we do it once, twice, three times back and forth and with two or three good strikers sniffing around that's really risky. It's not just Alisson's problem, even though it sometimes ends up with him being made to look sloppy.

That's a good point. 

44 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

I've said it before, and got lambasted for it, but Allison is making too many errors to be truly world class. 

He has to get his shit together. Firstly, start dominating the box. For a big lad, he really doesn't fancy the physical side of football.

Secondly, his long passing is great, but playing out from the back we have seen time and time again that he is quite error prone. 

And, last, he must work on his timing. All too often he is caught in no man's land. 

His reactions and one-on-one are excellent.

"I don't ask for much."

Alisson is undeniably one of the very best keepers in the world. His errors are noticeable because they are so rare. Every aspect of his game is excellent.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

I've said it before, and got lambasted for it, but Allison is making too many errors to be truly world class. 

He has to get his shit together. Firstly, start dominating the box. For a big lad, he really doesn't fancy the physical side of football.

Secondly, his long passing is great, but playing out from the back we have seen time and time again that he is quite error prone. 

And, last, he must work on his timing. All too often he is caught in no man's land. 

His reactions and one-on-one are excellent.

tenor (9) (2).gif

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"I don't ask for much."

Alisson is undeniably one of the very best keepers in the world. His errors are noticeable because they are so rare. Every aspect of his game is excellent.

Look, I dont like slating our players. I try not to call them shit or cunts or anything like. I keep hoping Naby comes good but it's not going to happen, is it?

Alli's a great keeper. But even great keepers have loss of form or other issues that affect their game. He's made mistakes in his last 4 games and he's got Taffarel, his Brasilian coach, coaching him.

Ive said many times, stop passing the ball back to the keeper who'll be under instant pressure as attackers close them down. But that goal of Son's was a complete mess by Alli.