You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Migrants

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Cast your minds back to the 2nd September 2015 and a small boy called Alan Kurdi is washed up on a beach and still, 6 years on, this world hasn't learned. Its a fucking disgrace.  

I saw footage of that little boy on the news being carried off the beach. Very upsetting.

The trouble is the people who care are outnumbered by the people who don't and while it remains that way things won't change.

This is another sad indictment of the selfish society we live in, especially after the images of Alan Kurdi were broadcast around the world and the tragic deaths of those people suffocated in the back of a wagon and those poor souls who drowned yesterday. 

If Governments were genuinely shocked as they say they are, it's within their power to work with others to solve this, but they're not.

They don't give a fuck.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Farage didn't create this. Farage is a product of hate, not the source of it. An easy scapegoat for the toxic nationalism millions of people in this country are affllicted by,

I'm genuinely curious as how Farage can be a scapegoat?

He is in many ways the lightening rod and has given legitimacy to racists everywhere.

54 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I saw footage of that little boy on the news being carried off the beach. Very upsetting.

The trouble is the people who care are outnumbered by the people who don't and while it remains that way things won't change.

This is another sad indictment of the selfish society we live in, especially after the images of Alan Kurdi were broadcast around the world and the tragic deaths of those people suffocated in the back of a wagon and those poor souls who drowned yesterday. 

If Governments were genuinely shocked as they say they are, it's within their power to work with others to solve this, but they're not.

They don't give a fuck.

Only last week there were calls on how they should solve the migrant problem. 

Its much easier to just stigmitise them and blame the french.

24 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm genuinely curious as how Farage can be a scapegoat?

He is in many ways the lightening rod and has given legitimacy to racists everywhere.

Do you think the problem with people trying to get into Poland from Belarus was the fault of people like Farage? 

• Downvote 3

Just now, Gnasher said:

Do you think the problem with people trying to get into Poland from Belarus was the fault of people like Farage? 

I think he has helped to legitimise the myth that every single ayslum seeker in the world wants to come here.

Are you a fan of good ole nigel?

53 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I think he has helped to legitimise the myth that every single ayslum seeker in the world wants to come here.

Are you a fan of good ole nigel?

You didn't answer the question, do you think Farage is in any way responsible for the people on the Polish border?

Who I'm a fan of is immaterial.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You didn't answer the question, do you think Farage is in any way responsible for the people on the Polish border?

No he isn't. Is he at fault for spreading hatred to narrow minded bigots in this country? yes, yes he is. The guys a cunt. I won't say I'm glad he didn't die in that helicopter crash but I am devastated one of the rotors didn't scalp the hateful fucking prick 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No he isn't. Is he at fault for spreading hatred to narrow minded bigots in this country? yes, yes he is. The guys a cunt. I won't say I'm glad he didn't die in that helicopter crash but I am devastated one of the rotors didn't scalp the hateful fucking prick 

Not the point though is it?

You really think France/Poland/Europe havn't got people with similar veiws to Farage? 

What we're your thoughts on the EU/Polish/Belarus situation recently? I believe I was in a minority of one in suggesting they should have all been allowed in. What are your thoughts on the EU anti migration fences in Greece? 

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not an expert on the issue at the polish border but I'm going to hazard a guess the eu may be brought into the equation at some point?

Its nothing to do with the eu.

It's the likes of Farage who have helped to legitimise the current demonisation of a group of poor sods seeking refuge.

What I dont it that griffen fella was utterly lambasted for his views.

Hold opinins which are not a million miles away in a posh accent pretending to be a 'man of the people'and he becomes popular. 

Despicable cunt.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You really think France/Poland/Europe havn't got people with similar veiws to Farage? 

What we're your thoughts on the EU/Polish/Belarus situation recently? I believe I was in a minority of one in suggesting they should have all been allowed in. What are your thoughts on the EU anti migration fences in Greece? 

alan-patridge-steve-coogan.gif

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not an expert on the issue at the polish border but I'm going to hazard a guess the eu may be brought into the equation at some point?

You really think the Migration situation has more to do with Nigel Farage than the politics of the EU and Europe?

It's the likes of Farage who have helped to legitimise the current demonisation of a group of poor sods seeking refuge.

Hold opinins which are not a million miles away in a posh accent pretending to be a 'man of the people'and he becomes popular. 

I dread to think what you make of the veiws of Michael Barnier and Co.

Despicable cunt.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Farage didn't create this. Farage is a product of hate, not the source of it. An easy scapegoat for the toxic nationalism millions of people in this country are affllicted by,

Exactly. In fairness the libs are miles ahead of the two other main parties on immigration.

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You asked a question, I answered it. At what fucking point was I asked to give a view on the Polish/Belarus border? You're doing your usual shit and chatting to yourself. Check the Russia/Ukraine thread and you'll see me commenting on it in there. 

Ask me a direct question and I'll give you an answer. Farage is a cunt and anyone who disagrees is a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Why the fuck wouldn't Migration to Europe and within Europe be nothing to do with the EU and Europe?

Yet you said nothing and showed little empathy about poor sods on the border of Poland did you? Were they the wrong type of immigrants?

Despicable cunt.

• Downvote 1