You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Migrants

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You asked a question, I answered it. At what fucking point was I asked to give a view on the Polish/Belarus border? You're doing your usual shit and chatting to yourself. Check the Russia/Ukraine thread and you'll see me commenting on it in there. 

Ask me a direct question and I'll give you an answer. Farage is a cunt and anyone who disagrees is a cunt. 

I didn't ask you a question I asked Arniepie or whatever his fucking name is a question. Stronts is right, this has little to do with Farage, if so people like Barnier would be dead and buried.

44 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I didn't ask you a question I asked Arniepie or whatever his fucking name is a question. Stronts is right, this has little to do with Farage, if so people like Barnier would be dead and buried.

Oh right. 

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The EU in its current form promotes this but that's for a different thread. Look at the Yannis tweet.

Yet again, what the fuck are you on about 

Look, most of the shit you post is agreed with by most yet you post random shit and accuse people of ignoring stuff 

"I watch Attenbrough"

"Do you like Tellytubbies?"

"My kid loved Tellyubbies"

"So you agree the BBC were right to cover up Saville!" 

You're a fucking lunatic. I wouldn't mind but you're not exactly thick as fuck. Stop responding to every reply with your own agenda and read the fucking words written. 

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Why the fuck wouldn't Migration to Europe and within Europe be nothing to do with the EU and Europe?

Yet you said nothing and showed little empathy about poor sods on the border of Poland did you? Were they the wrong type of immigrants?

Because the issue is wider than the just the eu

Farage and his ilk think the answer to the migrant problem is simply to stop them coming here and to help stir up hatred. 

His comments about the RNLI were particularly despicable. 

I said before I'm not well up on the Poland issue but as far as I'm aware it's more to do with a beef between Belarus and Poland than immigration itself

As we need to work with a number of countries in Europe and we are no longer in the eu,I'd say yes the problem is wider than just looking at the eu.

Maybe it would be helpful to look at the root causes of why people are so desperate to leave their homeland?

People seem to have a primitive psychological response to immigration, reverting back to being cavemen and fears about sharing food. As a % of the UK population, the numbers are tiny, 25,000 compared to 66 million.  Putting it into perspective, its the equivalent of another 20 people going to Anfield with a 55,000 crowd already there then those 20 people being blamed for the queues at the bar, toilets etc. Its the same with disease, immigrants being blamed for bringing in new diseases. Once you associate a group with disease, its much easiar to dehumanise them.

This isn't contributing to a solution but just observing the phenomena of the media trading on primitive sub conscious fears amongst the population. We saw it a few weeks back with the petrol crisis then talks of food shortages, there was no actual shortage (nothing has changed since) but people are easily panicked by the fear of being short of food or the ability to move around. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

People seem to have a primitive psychological response to immigration, reverting back to being cavemen and fears about sharing food. As a % of the UK population, the numbers are tiny, 25,000 compared to 66 million.  Putting it into perspective, its the equivalent of another 20 people going to Anfield with a 55,000 crowd already there then those 20 people being blamed for the queues at the bar, toilets etc. Its the same with disease, immigrants being blamed for bringing in new diseases. Once you associate a group with disease, its much easiar to dehumanise them.

This isn't contributing to a solution but just observing the phenomena of the media trading on primitive sub conscious fears amongst the population. We saw it a few weeks back with the petrol crisis then talks of food shortages, there was no actual shortage (nothing has changed since) but people are easily panicked by the fear of being short of food or the ability to move around. 

Media feeding people what the government want to push does it. “All nonces look at Rochdale” Erm what about all the nonces with ties to the edl? “Terrorist sympathiser” you can’t win against these evil hate filled racist pricks. 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh right. 

Yet again, what the fuck are you on about 

Look, most of the shit you post is agreed with by most yet you post random shit and accuse people of ignoring stuff 

"I watch Attenbrough"

"Do you like Tellytubbies?"

"My kid loved Tellyubbies"

"So you agree the BBC were right to cover up Saville!" 

You're a fucking lunatic. I wouldn't mind but you're not exactly thick as fuck. Stop responding to every reply with your own agenda and read the fucking words written. 

I was replying to boneheads stupid Partridge meme; so no words to read. Back on subject, I gather a lot of people trying to cross the channel are from war torn countries blighted by sustained bombing, climate change and are at the wrong end of hugh wealth inequality when compared to Britain, France, Europe. 

It's not an agenda it's the crux of the problem. Climate inaction, ongoing war and wealth inequality are the three main reasons people are forced to flee half way around the world. You know this, it's obvious.

Here's tomorrow's displaced people's; insert silly meme below,

"Exposed: French complicity in Yemen and Libya" https://euobserver.com/investigations/150097

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It's been fed by year's of propaganda.

Every single ayslum seeker wants to come here and they will all been given fuck off houses etc.

It especially plays well in times of hardship as people need someone to blame.

There no doubt needs to be a grown up discussion around the issue but there is too much political capital to be made.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

France are no Angels, you're looking at the situation in binary terms; 

"Exposed: French complicity in Yemen and Libya" https://euobserver.com/investigations/150097

I never said they were.

I said that clowns letter hasn't helped the issue and was probally designed to provoke that response. .

Its needs pan European cooperation.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I never said they were.

I said that clowns letter hasn't helped the issue and was probally designed to provoke that response. .

Its needs pan European cooperation.

"Pan European cooperation" has previously resulted in the below, so god help them.

Note; its not these so called racist people in Rochdale, Darlington, Scunthorpe, Halifax or wherever dropping these bombs on innocent people.

Just now, Gnasher said:

"Pan European cooperation" has previously resulted in the below, so god help them.

Note; its not these so called racist people in Rochdale, Darlington, Scunthorpe, Halifax or wherever dropping these bombs on innocent people.

I thought you weren’t pushing an agenda ? That’s 3 times you’ve posted that link in 10 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought you weren’t pushing an agenda ? That’s 3 times you’ve posted that link in 10 minutes. 

That link is the crux of this problem but you are imo falling into the trap of picking off low level fruit. Its American and European governments, with Britain right at the top of the list of shame that have pushed policy's that have seen increasing war, climate inaction and massive inequality.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

That link is the crux of this problem but you are imo falling into the trap of picking off low level fruit. Its American and European governments, with Britain right at the top of the list of shame that have pushed policy's that have seen increasing war, climate inaction and massive inequality.

Where has anyone disagreed with that? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where has anyone disagreed with that? 

I'd wager an awful lot of the people trying to cross the channel are from countries such as Syria. The USA; France and Britain were the main bomb boys in that little escapade, they are the main cause of this. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'd wager an awful lot of the people trying to cross the channel are from countries such as Syria. The USA; France and Britain were the main bomb boys in that little escapade, they are the main cause of this. 

They are a huge cause of course, don't forget that countries in that region can also be cunts to each other and their own. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They are a huge cause of course, don't forget that countries in that region can also be cunts to each other and their own. 

Good point, although the West poured petrol all over the conflicts. Another big problem coming over the hill is the UK cut in overseas aid; it's a disaster waiting to happen and lead to poor areas of the world being destabilised, war then often follows 

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good point, although the West poured petrol all over the conflicts. Another big problem coming over the hill is the UK cut in overseas aid; it's a disaster waiting to happen and lead to poor areas of the world being destabilised, war then often follows 

overseas aid doesn't really help that much.  Most of it finds its way into the pockets of corrupt officials, normally as part of a quid pro quo.

• Upvote 1