You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mark Drakeford

Gnasher

Communism and Nazism get flung around so casually. Weve had the stone age, the bronze age, the iron age we really are in the bullshit age you don't even need to quarry, mine or smith it, it is plentiful we have an abundance of it. Like having fucking apple trees in the garden, what the fuck do we do with all this bullshit. I like how we call a rare good piece of reporting "old school journalism" like we are all blatantly aware that modern journalism is just shit spewed by shits. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You lucky bastards!

Dont worry brother we won't leave you behind. We're taking Merseyside with us. Drakeford tested the water with his speech in Liverpool yesterday where he quipped how much he enjoys being here in North Wales, got the biggest cheer of the week.

Talks with Sturgeon have been held. Of course you'll have to have a referendum before you leave England but I've heard whispers that Drakefords already pulled out an ace card and installed AngryOfTuebrook as head of the upcoming Merseyside leave campaign. Angrys agreed and has already learnt the anthem. Drakeford was apparently impressed by how his online activity persuaded millions to vote leave in the EU vote..

it's going to be a winner, the few who rebel against the change will have the option to follow Rico and go and live in Manchester.

• Upvote 1

Don’t really understand the obsession with PR and what the benefits would be for Labour or more importantly the wider country as a whole. The country is divided enough as is and this would just stoke it further. It’s easier to make deals and provide unity within a single party than in dysfunctional coalitions which is what I suspect is all we would end up getting.

1 minute ago, Gooch said:

Don’t really understand the obsession with PR and what the benefits would be for Labour or more importantly the wider country as a whole. The country is divided enough as is and this would just stoke it further. It’s easier to make deals and provide unity within a single party than in dysfunctional coalitions which is what I suspect is all we would end up getting.

I don't think two parties adequately serve the sheer range of opinions and views out there now. Also, due to changes to the electoral boundaries the tories have their hand strengthened repeatedly,  pr or something similar could be the only solution to stopping perpetual tory rule.

50 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Dont worry brother we won't leave you behind. We're taking Merseyside with us. Drakeford tested the water with his speech in Liverpool yesterday where he quipped how much he enjoys being here in North Wales, got the biggest cheer of the week.

Rydw i mewn! Ewch Cymru!

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I would love for Wales to do something as self-destructive as voting to leave the union. Unfortunately not all Welsh people are stupid, and when the vote came they’d vote to stay. 

My view is, if the majority of people in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and indeed England, vote without prejudice or coercion, to leave 'the Union,' they should be allowed to do so.

Im not convinced any of them would make a success of being truely independent nations with all that that brings though.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

My view is, if the majority of people in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and indeed England, vote without prejudice or coercion, to leave 'the Union,' they should be allowed to do so.

Im not convinced any of them would make a success of being truely independent nations with all that that brings though.

It would be quite funny if they formed a new union that excluded England. 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It would be quite funny if they formed a new union that excluded England. 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Burhman raised the topic of granting Wales and Scotland greater devolution powers this week.

https://nation.cymru/news/andy-burnham-calls-for-maximum-devolution-for-wales-if-labour-win-the-next-general-election/

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. I am one of these horrible people who believe in democratic freedoms. I'm also one of these people who believe in laying in your bed after making it. Should the Scots or Welsh decide to leave, they shouldn't expect anything but strong competition and protectionism from England. No more 'let's build this here to win the votes of...', no more sharing giant markets, no more financial support, no military sharing deals, no protection, no going easy because they're our neighbours, but full throated drive them into the fucking ground economically. Also, no asylum or immigration greater than those who have left, veto any attempt to enter NATO. I'm a vengeful prick so I'd be happy to to roll tanks into Cardiff and make them bend the knee. Then again, I feel like this probably wouldn't play well on the international stage. 

So they can get nuke'd too. 

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think two parties adequately serve the sheer range of opinions and views out there now. Also, due to changes to the electoral boundaries the tories have their hand strengthened repeatedly,  pr or something similar could be the only solution to stopping perpetual tory rule.

I don’t disagree, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing necessarily. It serves to quash the more batshit elements of public opinion. I would worry about the empowerment of extremist groups especially in this world we’re in currently, and the state of the union which Labour needs to survive, it’s the only thing left that Labour have to cling to in terms of national identity. The tories have the ingerland till I die element wrapped up.

Would be much better off just redrawing the boundary lines to suit Labour more if that’s the case, seems a much safer bet. Although I may be oversimplifying it a bit.

Just now, Gooch said:

Would be much better off just redrawing the boundary lines to suit Labour more if that’s the case, seems a much safer bet. Although I may be oversimplifying it a bit.

Labour would need to get into power first to do that. Plus gerrymandering is pretty abhorrent, no matter who's doing it. 

Just now, Gooch said:

I don’t disagree, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing necessarily. It serves to quash the more batshit elements of public opinion. I would worry about the empowerment of extremist groups especially in this world we’re in currently, and the state of the union which Labour needs to survive, it’s the only thing left that Labour have to cling to in terms of national identity. The tories have the ingerland till I die element wrapped up.

This is the argument against PR that I hate, mostly because it is completely legitimate, with obvious current examples, I can't argue against it, and actually is a bit frightening. 

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Labour would need to get into power first to do that. Plus gerrymandering is pretty abhorrent, no matter who's doing it. 

Fuck that shit, I'd be more than happy to have just one constituency - my house - with just one voter. TBF, I'd vote Tory just to fuck everyone off. 

Again, probably best I'm not in charge.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fuck that shit, I'd be more than happy to have just one constituency - my house - with just one voter. TBF, I'd vote Tory just to fuck everyone off. 

Again, probably best I'm not in charge.

A good application of one man, one vote though.