Quantcast
January 2021 Transfer Thread - Page 63 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

January 2021 Transfer Thread

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Duncan Castles says Liverpool are lining up Bissouma of Brighton as replacement for Wijnaldum. No idea who either of them are. 

Bissouma of Brighton is a brilliant football player. I dont know who the other one is, but I reckon he’s wrong 

30 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Bissouma of Brighton is a brilliant football player. I dont know who the other one is, but I reckon he’s wrong 

Wijnaldum is an underrated midfielder who plays for Liverpool. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Jennings said:

Her mum is one of the hottest babes for...like...eveh...and probably longer!

featured_Young_Michelle_Phillips.jpg

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m terms of like for like replacing VVD, it’s impossible really.

As good in the air as Hyypia, calm as Agger, fast as Owen, passes like Alonso... it’s impossible.

As I put in a post about VVD the other week (Here), defensively, we’ve not really struggled without VVD. IMO we’ve suffered more with his range of passing & getting us on the attack quickly - so, I thought who could do that job.

Before I post the name - hear me out. I haven’t heard anything on him & I absolutely don’t expect it to happen. This is purely on a defender, with a great passing range, who can turn get us attacking quicker. 

I fully imagine this will be laughed and scoffed at, which is fine, but approach this with an open mind...

... David Luiz.

Let me explain myself.

Right. He’s a bit brain dead & lacks concentration, I don’t doubt that. Sides could target him, but would Luiz be targeted anymore than Phillips, Williams or Hendo?

His passing range is outstanding. He’d easily pick out Trent & Robbo in space & get us on the front quicker, which then spreads throughout the side. 

We can play a player with a great passing range in defence & then ensure Hendo, and possibly Fabinho, are moved back into midfield full time. 

I’m categorically not saying we should sign him or that we will. But IMO, short term, his benefits would outweigh the negatives. Signing a player of his skill set would benefit us much more than a player like Henchoz or somebody. 

Hahahahaha fuck me id rather you said “Rebekah Vardy” 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahahaha fuck me id rather you said “Rebekah Vardy” 

I’ve clearly explained my reasonings.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I honestly reckon Hendo is a better CB than David Luiz Scott. 

I get not everybody will agree, but I’ve made it clear I’m not basing this on Luiz’s defensive attributes. 

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's just a bollocks excuse to get out of spending money. 

I'm sure in the summer we will some long drawn out saga over getting Wijnaldum replaced with stupid articles being drip fed by the Echo because the club just want to replace him (a player leaving for nothing) with someone who will cost under £10 million and on lower wages. A free transfer normally means higher wages so they have the excuse that it would upset the harmony in the squad if we signed someone like Alaba. 

There will be links to 4/5 players who Liverpool will allegedly have scouted but because they cost too much the club won't want to spend the money. 

Ah yes, the old "monitoring the fuck out of a player" routine 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I get not everybody will agree, but I’ve made it clear I’m not basing this on Luiz’s defensive attributes. 

Hendo's probably better at long passes out of the back as well. With Luiz you always have the chance of passing to an opposition striker.

35 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Hendo's probably better at long passes out of the back as well. With Luiz you always have the chance of passing to an opposition striker.

Not sure on point 1. Agree on point 2.

But having to play Hendo in defence means we don’t have his drive in midfield. 

Likewise, there is then is also the possibility of Fabinho going back into midfield.

I fully know I’m fighting a losing battle here and I know it’ll never happen but till the end of the season, the positives outweigh the negatives.

There is a method to the madness. 

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Call me a fucking lunatic but I like my defenders to be able to defend

Insanity, next you'll be saying you want them to be capable of staying fit as well. 

10 minutes ago, connaw12 said:

im not a fan of his but not opposed to a bit of circuative thinking. what was thiago if he wasnt a short term answer to an unbalanced midfield?

Thiago is 29 not 35 like Ramos and he's a class above a midfielders like we have. Ramos will not be our best defender.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Insanity, next you'll be saying you want them to be capable of staying fit as well. 

Bit of a problem with Luiz when he stands on a bloody rake.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Thiago is 29 not 35 like Ramos and he's a class above a midfielders like we have. Ramos will not be our best defender.

Thing is ramos is a thunder cunt who I'd like to see suffer a career ending injury. I wouldn't want him sweeping anfield Road. 

Hopefully today's game puts to bed the idea that Williams and Philips are viable alternatives we enter the business end of the season. Two big games now and we revert to Fab-Hendo, and considerably weaken two lines of the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KevieG said:

Hopefully today's game puts to bed the idea that Williams and Philips are viable alternatives we enter the business end of the season. Two big games now and we revert to Fab-Hendo, and considerably weaken two lines of the pitch. 

This

Its not just the defending that having to change but the whole team

The season is purely about making sure we stay in the top 4

Draws are a killer. I’d rather we’d have had a go and won 2 and lost 2 of our last 4 games than lose all our momentum like this.