You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 minute ago, Turkish Delight said:

Does that DavoCKop fella actually know anything? The article is non-committal. Basically saying it's potentially that but not known.

I definitely followed him on Twitter at one point and stopped. If I remember right I think it's because he was putting clickbait headlines up.

He might well know if there's been a scan. Most scans you have them and results come after a surgeon reads them, which would why he wouldn't know anything. I used to often find out about stuff like this at the club. 

10 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Does that DavoCKop fella actually know anything? The article is non-committal. Basically saying it's potentially that but not known.

I definitely followed him on Twitter at one point and stopped. If I remember right I think it's because he was putting clickbait headlines up.

I think his account is a bit shit as well, unfortunately Anything Liverpool account tends to be reasonable. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He might well know if there's been a scan. Most scans you have them and results come after a surgeon reads them, which would why he wouldn't know anything. I used to often find out about stuff like this at the club. 

I've not read this but I disagree. It's what Bazza prefers.

Given rumours of him being out for the season, that would be good news. Ideally he could work towards the Manc game, but in reality we have a few nasty looking games like Villa away and Spurs at home in April where he could be a huge presence.

One of the best players in the league. The term world class is used easily, but when he is fit, he is imo that calibre. My Evertonian mate said he reckons him and Foden are the two most exciting players in the league right now, just literally minutes before the injury.

You know what, he's a massive loss for the derby. While we should on paper batter them, it will be a warzone and Diogo is ready made for them. 

Gutted but we have good options.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’ve never understood the reluctance of some of our fanbase to acknowledge how good he is.  The old- oh he’s not as good as Firmino as he doesn’t come deep to orchestrate play -patently untrue as he’s always been more mobile and covers more ground than Bobby ever did, often winning the ball in deep positions and running with the ball from deep, and has every bit as much awareness.  Added to that his instinctive positioning and eye for a goal inside the penalty area, and his  fantastic heading ability, plus his ability to wind up and dish it out to defenders - he’s a great player.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I’ve never understood the reluctance of some of our fanbase to acknowledge how good he is.  The old- oh he’s not as good as Firmino as he doesn’t come deep to orchestrate play -patently untrue as he’s always been more mobile and covers more ground than Bobby ever did, often winning the ball in deep positions and running with the ball from deep, and has every bit as much awareness.  Added to that his instinctive positioning and eye for a goal inside the penalty area, and his  fantastic heading ability, plus his ability to wind up and dish it out to defenders - he’s a great player.  

He's brilliant. Bobby was too, though. Personally, I wouldn't even compare them. Different types of players and very different personalities.

Him being back by mid-April would be a huge bonus, given the alternative timelines suggested. 

8 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I think a problem is that he is injured so much. Sadio, Bobby and Mo had great injury records. Not that people don't rate him but there might be a little bit of out of sight out of mind.

I actually think if he stayed fit for a season, he would be regarded as our best player. I love watching him. He's a dynamic player with a snidey side to his game.

He could be a real boost for the last few games of the season if two months is correct.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think a problem is that he is injured so much. Sadio, Bobby and Mo had great injury records. Not that people don't rate him but there might be a little bit of out of sight out of mind.

I actually think if he stayed fit for a season, he would be regarded as our best player. I love watching him. He's a dynamic player with a snidey side to his game.

He could be a real boost for the last few games of the season if two months is correct.

yes, he is combative and as such runs the risk of injuries- it’s a real blow to see him carried off 

53 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He's brilliant. Bobby was too, though. Personally, I wouldn't even compare them. Different types of players and very different personalities.

Him being back by mid-April would be a huge bonus, given the alternative timelines suggested. 

Think Stringy just wanted to stick the boot into Firmino, one last time.

• Haha 1