You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

On 17/05/2024 at 22:31, The Midnight Rambler said:

In ten years time you’ll forget he even played for LFC. A bit like Litmanen, Morientes and Anelka.

You've seen my attempts at those online lfc quizzes then?

• Haha 1

It really is part of the shitness of modern football all this making a fuss of players who are leaving with these presentations on the pitch - and even more so when we are doing it for players who haven't even managed to play 100 games for us and who spent more time out the team than in it whilst with us.

For me this sort of stuff should be reserved for players who have made exceptional contributions.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It really is part of the shitness of modern football all this making a fuss of players who are leaving with these presentations on the pitch - and even more so when we are doing it for players who haven't even managed to play 100 games for us and who spent more time out the team than in it whilst with us.

For me this sort of stuff should be reserved for players who have made exceptional contributions.

It used to be. Now it's more self promotion for the club. It should have been all about Klopp and nobody else.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It used to be. Now it's more self promotion for the club. It should have been all about Klopp and nobody else.

Oh yeah - shitness of modern football....all part of the way it has gone.

Players who have contributed next to nothing being wheeled out to guards of honour to receive awards. It is embarrassing - but yeah I agree it is self promotion by club in the shitshow of modern football and all that comes with it.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp's the one who would have wanted all the coaches and departing players to get their own send-off. It has nothing to do with "modern football".

That’s obviously bollocks as it started long before Klopp and happens at all clubs. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

That’s obviously bollocks as it started long before Klopp and happens at all clubs. 

Exactly we had Keita for example on pitch at end of last season receiving some sort of framed award....It is a relatively new thing though - very much a part of modern football.

On 21/05/2024 at 20:13, an tha said:

Exactly we had Keita for example on pitch at end of last season receiving some sort of framed award....It is a relatively new thing though - very much a part of modern football.

No! It's exactly like a snarling Ronnie Moran walking round the dressing room with a box of League title winner medals while sarcastically asking the best players in Europe 'Who thinks they deserve one?' The similarities are identical.

On 21/05/2024 at 17:18, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp's the one who would have wanted all the coaches and departing players to get their own send-off. It has nothing to do with "modern football".

Wouldn’t happen under Michael Edwards’ watch.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No! It's exactly like a snarling Ronnie Moran walking round the dressing room with a box of League title winner medals while sarcastically asking the best players in Europe 'Who thinks they deserve one?' The similarities are identical.

Oh aye!

• 1 month later...
On 17/05/2024 at 22:31, The Midnight Rambler said:

In ten years time you’ll forget he even played for LFC. A bit like Litmanen, Morientes and Anelka.

I myself will never forget Jari. Criminally underused by Houllier & Thompson. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wezza said:

Retiring apparently, a shame we didn’t see him at his best, great career though. 

He’ll make a hell of a manager. Speaks 5 languages, managed by Guardiola and Klopp, dad was a player, big football brain. 

He’s got all the tools.

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He’ll make a hell of a manager. Speaks 5 languages, managed by Guardiola and Klopp, dad was a player, big football brain. 

He’s got all the tools.

I think so as well. 

23 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He’s got all the tools.

I hope he hasn't lost the key to that toolbox,or broken the lock.