Quantcast
Stealing a living X - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lee909

Stealing a living X

Recommended Posts

Is this turning into a ‘Shit signings’ XI?

 

There’s a fair few I agree with - players who piss(ed) their talent down the toilet for the most part - but some of them are just crap signings whose moves didn’t work out. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Benteke and I was glad when we got rid, but his time at Anfield wasn’t the same as Joe Cole who by his own admission just didn’t want to be here from Day One. On that basis, surely Michael Owen at Newcastle (“How dare you boo me! I’ve worked so hard... to get fit for the World Cup.”) stole a living far more than Benteke did from us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fred deserves to be in this side as well. Fuck me he is really bad. 

No chance he gets in ahead of Drinkwater -- the guy has played a half a dozen games in two years and he is on 100k a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Is this turning into a ‘Shit signings’ XI?

 

There’s a fair few I agree with - players who piss(ed) their talent down the toilet for the most part - but some of them are just crap signings whose moves didn’t work out. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Benteke and I was glad when we got rid, but his time at Anfield wasn’t the same as Joe Cole who by his own admission just didn’t want to be here from Day One. On that basis, surely Michael Owen at Newcastle (“How dare you boo me! I’ve worked so hard... to get fit for the World Cup.”) stole a living far more than Benteke did from us. 

Who said its Benteke for us

 

It's more the player Villa spent 30ml on and are paying 125 grand a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Who said its Benteke for us

 

It's more the player Villa spent 30ml on and are paying 125 grand a week. 

Eh? Benteke was decent for Villa, scored loads for them. Do you mean Palace? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Eh? Benteke was decent for Villa, scored loads for them. Do you mean Palace? 

Yes

High as fuck on title fume

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the fact that the title is "Stealing A Living X" - because one of the XI is such a wage thief he couldn't even be arsed showing up for this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I love the fact that the title is "Stealing A Living X" - because one of the XI is such a wage thief he couldn't even be arsed showing up for this.

Haha

Hadn't noticed that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I love the fact that the title is "Stealing A Living X" - because one of the XI is such a wage thief he couldn't even be arsed showing up for this.

Joe Cole was red carded as he got off the bus before the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • The time to try keep the plates spinning, is when they're already spinning. Most of Pep's plates are hurtling fast towards the floor, some of them smashing into pieces. Having to replace 2-3 players is one thing, even with the money he's given, but having to replace 6-7, through a combination of ageing, susceptibility to injury, and simply not having replaced key players such as Kompany, has left him looking complacent, naive and vulnerable.   The contract extension is something of an act of bravado and defiance, and not wanting to be seen to be running away from the fire, which he's terrified of. he's probably wishing he'd gone when he had the chance, but he's stayed and doubled down on that decision, for better or worse.   He's never had to completely rebuild a team before, partly because he's always had top quality players at his disposal, and partly because he's never stuck around long enough to have to do it. Given his obsession with spending £50M+ on defenders and still not getting the defence sorted, the money they throw at Haaland, or whichever other attacking player they go after, will be pissed into the wind if they don't sort out the defence and defensive midfield which was once rock solid with Kompany and Fernandinho, albeit with the aid of endlessly unpunished shithousery.   He's in new territory, totally naked. Let's see if the supposed king can buy himself a wardrobe of new clothes.    
    • Yeah, his positioning and game management were the best it's been, which was great to see.  There were a couple of times he was in a great position on the edge of their box and instead of playing it straight away would have a little think, or jink past someone, then the killer ball was gone.  Once he's got his feet under the table a bit more he'll be playing those balls or going past people and shooting quickly and be a real creative threat. 
    • Were we any different during the utd period of dominance. I bet there were comments simular to that by many reds fans.
    • That's my main issue with Neco too. He takes far too many touches when he is on the ball in our own half. Often, it's because he feels the need to beat an opponent before passing it.   He really should learn to keep things simple in our own half. 
    • I understand a bit of bias here and there, but most of that is just factually incorrect, especially the bollocks about being anti-football and kicking players off the park.     
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • Football Betting Site Betway
  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×