You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius: Personal criticism of my Champions League final appearance was disrespectful 

TLW

On 16/04/2020 at 10:06, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I reckon he lost more support after his ill-judged video than he did for that performance.

The video was the cherry on the cake. The fake crying at the end of the final was the worst bit for me. 

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

The video was the cherry on the cake. The fake crying at the end of the final was the worst bit for me. 

How do you know it was all fake? Loads of players are in tears at the end of the final when they win, ffs. Just look at Jurgen and Hendo. Just leave the lad to get on with rebuilding his career.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was pissed off with him immediately after the final, but by the next morning I'd moved on from being angry at him and instead was just really disappointed at the whole situation. 

Karius went into that game wanting to perform really well and win the European Cup. He didn't make the mistakes on purpose, so hating the bloke for it is daft.  Wanting him gone and never to play for Liverpool again is absolutely fine.  But death threats?  That's just another symptom of this ridiculous superfan nonsense of having to show you care more by being the most abusive prick on the twitter thread, or whatever it is.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

How do you know it was all fake? Loads of players are in tears at the end of the final when they win, ffs. Just look at Jurgen and Hendo. Just leave the lad to get on with rebuilding his career.

Because there were no tears and it’s not hard to spot someone who’s trying to cry.

Also, his comments and actions since then have been pretty much hammering home that he doesn’t take responsibility.

Leave the lad to get on with his career? I’ve commented on a forum where he’s quoted directly criticising the fans’ reactions, albeit the death threats are certainly out of order. I’m hardly turning up to all his games and sitting behind the goal whispering to him how shit I think he is and asking him when he plans to pretend to cry next am I?

If he wants to get his head down and move on, then I’d suggest releasing videos like he did shortly after that game, and revisiting the event years on, like he has here, to have digs at his detractors, while playing shite for your current club, probably isn’t the way to go about it mate.

I don't want him dead, or even harmed. His mistakes were by far and away the biggest factor in us losing a Champions League final. If we hadn't won it last year the feelings would be a lot deeper. 

As a human I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere and in life. But I couldn't really give a fuck and I wish he would stop reminding everyone what a fuck up he was that night. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If the cunt was serious about genuinely wanting to improve as a player,he'd have stayed off Social Media and trained for every extra hour god sent. He seems to have done neither of these and they are part of the reason he will never play for us again.

What a load of shite.

There are 24 hours in a day.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't want him dead, or even harmed. His mistakes were by far and away the biggest factor in us losing a Champions League final. If we hadn't won it last year the feelings would be a lot deeper. 

As a human I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere and in life. But I couldn't really give a fuck and I wish he would stop reminding everyone what a fuck up he was that night. 

The bigggest factor for us losing was Salah going off injured and the cunt Ramos not being sent off, both for the Salah incident and the elbow on Karius.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Code said:

The bigggest factor for us losing was Salah going off injured and the cunt Ramos not being sent off, both for the Salah incident and the elbow on Karius.

Oh so the two incidents that led directly to 2 goals being conceded thus losing us the match were less important to the outcome than an incident that had no direct bearing on an actual goal being scored/conceded. Aah I see your logic. 

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh so the two incidents that led directly to 2 goals being conceded thus losing us the match were less important to the outcome than an incident that had no direct bearing on an actual goal being scored/conceded. Aah I see your logic. 

The thing is, if Ramos had got a red card in one of the situations, everything would be different.

If you change something back in time, nothing will be exactly the same afterwards.

One of the conundrums of time travel, if it ever became possible.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Code said:

The thing is, if Ramos had got a red card in one of the situations, everything would be different.

If you change something back in time, nothing will be exactly the same afterwards.

One of the conundrums of time travel, if it ever became possible.

You are chatting proper shit as usual. 

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Its called looking at it from all angles and a broad horizon.

You said (your words) were that the biggest factor was Salah going off injured. I am disputing that and saying that the biggest factor was actually the mistakes by darius that led to us conceding. Of course Salah going off had a negative impact but it can't possibly have a worse impact than the mistakes Karius made actually fucking happening and costing us the final. 

Always great with a manufactured concussion. Wasn't that the consenssus back then that the papers were doctored a bit in his favour ?

No doubt that the elbow  was horrendous piece of shithousery, but if he felt dizzy he should have come off instantly either by his own choice or the medical staffs. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In English please? 

If he was interested in rebuilding his career then social media videos are the first things he should have knocked on the head.

Why?

This is a bit like coloured boots.

13 hours ago, TK421 said:

Luke couldn't see with the blast shield down.  Despite his initial protestations he just got on with it and still did alright against the remote.  It's a lame excuse. 

Are you saying that Karius should have been given a lightsabre?