Quantcast
West Ham (H) Premier League - 24/2/2020 - 20:00 - Page 27 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

West Ham (H) Premier League - 24/2/2020 - 20:00

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, skaro said:

 

In terms of the ideal of invincibility, I think there are 11 hard games to go.

 

 

 

Especially if we progress in the CL. Chances are we may rest a few for some league games if its officially wrapped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fabianski really had a stinker

 

He did. He could have done better for 2 and one was a howler.

 

Thank fuck he had a worse game than our front 3 (or 6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rb14 said:

Eh? Ohhhhhhhh, I see. Had to work to get that one.

 

Run that one past me one more time?

The idea is that when winning the league (making that part a tad premature) we'd have beaten all 19 teams in the league at least once. And we would have done it in the quickest time ever after West Ham away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, m0e said:

The idea is that when winning the league (making that part a tad premature) we'd have beaten all 19 teams in the league at least once. And we would have done it in the quickest time ever after West Ham away.

Would have been even quicker, if we'd played them in December, as originally scheduled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The normal cycle of the last few decades is build a decent team, finish second, fall to shit the following season.

 

How did we get to the point where, in our scheduled "fall to shit" season, we're not just winning the thing, we're looking at everybody's all-time records and counting up which ones we can break?

 

(There's a three-word answer to that question and the middle word is Norbert.)

Mr Norbert Colon?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What an achievement that was. Barry Venison,David Burrows,Glenn Hysen and we still won the league!

1989 charity shield - i was a kid and collected autographs back then....collared King Kenny and John Smith after the game at Wembley and said to Smith (i couldn't really speak to Kenny as was totally starstruck) "That Hysen was boss today, looks like a great signing" to which Smith replied in that dead posh voice of his 'well he is a Swedish international you know'....

 

I was dead impressed!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Would have been even quicker, if we'd played them in December, as originally scheduled. 

Would have had to wait for United 18th Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I didn't watch the last 10 minutes of the game, after the Sadio goal.

Did Allison make a specific save to deny them at 3-2?

I haven't seen it on any highlights...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, an tha said:

1989 charity shield - i was a kid and collected autographs back then....collared King Kenny and John Smith after the game at Wembley and said to Smith (i couldn't really speak to Kenny as was totally starstruck) "That Hysen was boss today, looks like a great signing" to which Smith replied in that dead posh voice of his 'well he is a Swedish international you know'....

 

I was dead impressed!

Back in 2013/14 I went to The Park for a post-match pint with my mate. He was gabbing to a bunch of blokes who were over from Sweden. Just by way of conversation, he said that Glen Hysen was his favourite Swedish player; to which they replied "he's here with us". They called him over and we had a bit of a gab with him, but I can't remember anything anyone said, because I was pissed. 

 

My mate died the day before the start of the following season.  I later found out that Hysen had been in The Park that day, too, and had been asking after Martin.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's in charge of our transfers, which is why we don't have to worry about FFP.

 

And our fans this season are...

 

 

Unknown.jpeg

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Back in 2013/14 I went to The Park for a post-match pint with my mate. He was gabbing to a bunch of blokes who were over from Sweden. Just by way of conversation, he said that Glen Hysen was his favourite Swedish player; to which they replied "he's here with us". They called him over and we had a bit of a gab with him, but I can't remember anything anyone said, because I was pissed. 

 

My mate died the day before the start of the following season.  I later found out that Hysen had been in The Park that day, too, and had been asking after Martin.

I always thought he was decent player. Nice one that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first one for a good while- albeit at the very back of the WHU away section AR, 'severely restricted view'. all i could muster

 

exchanging wry grass-snake grins with my man along the way during the match. quite the bunch of tea towels

WHU3-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thegreatelephant said:

first one for a good while- albeit at the very back of the WHU away section AR, 'severely restricted view'. all i could muster

 

exchanging wry grass-snake grins with my man along the way during the match. quite the bunch of tea towels

WHU3-2.jpg

That rebuild of the ARE can't come quick enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J-V said:

 


Note to Alan Irvine. I’m not sure you are supposed to wish the opposition captain good luck before the game!

 

Also, I wonder what was said between VVD and the Hammers player who pulled a face as they were coming up the tunnel at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×