Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 81 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Have they ever overpaid for a German player?

I can’t think of many (any) expensive flops at all.

Maybe him from Tranmere but sure he’d have cost peanuts.

EDIT - The Moroccan centre half they signed under Guardiola. Can’t even remember his name but I remember he was shite. Sure they paid c.£35m for him as well.

Hearing they've sold out the allocation for the game tomorrow. At least that's what the financial books say

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t think of many (any) expensive flops at all.

Maybe him from Tranmere but sure he’d have cost peanuts.

EDIT - The Moroccan centre half they signed under Guardiola. Can’t even remember his name but I remember he was shite. Sure they paid c.£35m for him as well.

Mehdi Benatia is who you're on about. I was referring to German players specifically. Bayern never seem to get rinsed when signing players from other Bundesliga clubs. They always turn players' heads when their contracts are running down, so either pay peanuts or get the player for free. The likes of Kimmich, Sule, Goretzka and Gnabry were all very highly rated before joining Bayern, and Bayern paid close to fuck-all to sign them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Mehdi Benatia is who you're on about. I was referring to German players specifically. Bayern never seem to get rinsed when signing players from other Bundesliga clubs. They always turn players' heads when their contracts are running down, so either pay peanuts or get the player for free. The likes of Kimmich, Sule, Goretzka and Gnabry were all very highly rated before joining Bayern, and Bayern paid close to fuck-all to sign them.

Just a hallmark of German players and clubs really, the players always run their contract down and the clubs seem fine to let them do so.

Emre Can did the same thing with us. To be honest, there's not a great deal clubs can do if players are determined not to sign. Leroy Sane has done the same thing with City.

5 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Bogdan to Ferencvaros on a free.  

Devvoed obvs. 

Was he still here?? Surely we flushed it ages ago? 

He was on 24 grand a week for the last 3 years. Over £1.2m a year for being shitter than Mignolet and playing for Hibs on loan as a second keeper. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Ahhh bless. 

I think Barca are more unlikeable than Real. All the bullshit of being a special club and respectful, but all I can see is them disrupting players and bullying clubs.

Madrid don't pretend to be anything but sharks. They want the best and tend to get it. At least they don't get all high and mighty though.

• Upvote 2

I remember talking to a Barca fan in New York (from Barcelona) and it was when they had just signed Suarez. The offhand arrogance that he had about his club being in for our best player, coupled with his lack of compassion made me feel a lot better about shagging his bird. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

I remember talking to a Barca fan in New York (from Barcelona) and it was when they had just signed Suarez. The offhand arrogance that he had about his club being in for our best player, coupled with his lack of compassion made me feel a lot better about shagging his bird. 

bloody ell you made me feel better now i know it wasnt just me shagging her !! 

5 hours ago, Iceman said:

3x01_The_Gang_Finds_a_Dumpster_Baby_18.png

Barca do have a cunty arrogance.  I hate this “you don’t turn down Barca/Real” thing. Their PR depts have done a hell of a job. The fans of both clubs are entitles pricks. 

But don’t ignore some of the incredible arrogance by our own fans to other clubs too when it comes to transfers. It rear its head often. Many could do with listening to Jurgan or Jordan. I fear as we get more successful that that cuntiness will become more prevalent. 

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

In shocking news Pep is crying for funds as he needs to rebuild his squad. 

IMG_20200702_065249.jpg

And if he doesn't get it he'll pop off to Barca. 

I’ve actually no issue with them spending insane money on loads of players. Bringing lots of new faces in at once had fuck everything up, especially if they don’t hit the ground running. 

13 hours ago, Iceman said:

Was he an Army Punk? You should have left her arsealona 

Surprised Guardiola hasn't already gone back to Barca. They've had such an absolutely wretched run of managers .. thought they'd have given a King's ransom to get him there. Maybe that falls short of a Sheikh's ransom.

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Surprised Guardiola hasn't already gone back to Barca. They've had such an absolutely wretched run of managers .. thought they'd have grown a King's ransom to get him there. Maybe that falls short of a Sheikh's ransom.

Wait till Citeh are banned from Europe (hopefully). 

• Upvote 1