You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

With Sandy Toenail suspended for 10 months now, I see they are linked with loaning Ruben Neves from another PIF owned club in January. 

Although I should be disgusted at this, given he won’t be registered to play against us on New Year’s Day and will be available to take points off our rivals, I’m actually all for it. 

What Neves will get playing over there is worse than getting a bad injury. Elite football is 95% in the head, you can't turn the competitiveness on and off like a tap. He's done as a professional footballer.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, John102 said:

Cleared to loan players. Be interesting to see if any curve balls happen other than Neves.

That's a wrong and totally unsporting decision. Football is a fucking sham. Saudi have no such restrictions on spends so can buy players on insane wages then just loan them to Newcastle to circumnavigate all rules. Fuck the Saudis, Abu Dhabi and all the oligarch pricks.

19 minutes ago, aws said:

Who were the other six clubs who thought these loans were ok, I wonder. City obviously but who else? 

Chelsea presumably?

Isn't it 14 clubs needed to vote things through so 7 would have had to vote against? 

One thing I don't understand about this idea that Saudi clubs will loan players to Newcastle is that they are supposedly trying to establish the Saudi league as one of the best in the world so how will loaning players to the Premier League do that? Makes it look more like a feeder league?

41 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Chelsea presumably?

Isn't it 14 clubs needed to vote things through so 7 would have had to vote against? 

One thing I don't understand about this idea that Saudi clubs will loan players to Newcastle is that they are supposedly trying to establish the Saudi league as one of the best in the world so how will loaning players to the Premier League do that? Makes it look more like a feeder league?

When does their season end? They might be loaning players during their off season, like how MLS does.

11 minutes ago, John102 said:

Manchester City, Newcastle United, Chelsea, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Everton & Wolves.

Sheffield united wont even be in the fucking league next year but get a vote with long term consequences regardless, and fucking go the wrong way because of their grubby owners.

And project big picture was a terrible idea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

Who were the other six clubs who thought these loans were ok, I wonder. City obviously but who else? 

The whole system is fucked. You could pick the names without trying. 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

They voted against tighter controls on sponsorship deals too apparently, including having to show bids around same value.

Which is actually part of the reason Everton are so fucked now. If they hadn't been able to wave through the mental deals with USM, they wouldn't have been able to stretch themselves to the point of bankruptcy and cheating now. 

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

Sheffield united wont even be in the fucking league next year but get a vote with long term consequences regardless, and fucking go the wrong way because of their grubby owners.

And project big picture was a terrible idea.

They might not be in the league next season but they'll no doubt get great loan deals on some youth players from certain other clubs.