You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

57 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I got a special invitation from Sony to buy one. 

I don't have a PS5. 

Can it be used standalone like the quest 2 or is it strictly linked to PS5?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elite said:

Just impulsively ordered that Harry Potter game as one of my mates said it's brilliant. Plus my 6 year old will like it (my excuse).

It's very good, got it cheaper on PC so I could see it on Steam Deck. It's superior to any other Harry Potter game. I think I called my character Gary Trotter.

Also had confirmation that my pre-order of PSVR2 is going to be delivered for pick up tomorrow as it's officially released tomorrow. As I have Resi Evil Village (which is PSVR2 compatible) that should keep me terrified.

Never got the PSVR (although I was tempted, went for Quest 2 instead) so can justify the cost to myself as I saved £300 by not buying the previous iteration.

I'm really close on PSVR2, just trying to find a justiifcatin for the cost. I am currently working away, it will be 14 weeks by the time I get home and I do deserve something for that, but trying to justify a new tele with that. Not sure a new tele, that I won't see due to PSVR2 will cut it with the family. 

8 hours ago, i5x said:

Just deceided to say fuck it and buy PSVR2 with the excuse I sell VR accessories, now I just have to play about with it until a suitable game is actually released that I can adapt my designs for it - or that is the excuse at least.

Resident Evil Village and Gran Turismo are both VR compatible. I'd expect there will be more adaptations to follow. God of War, The Last Of Us etc. No way Sony are going in on VR without backing it to the hilt, especially as now they're pretty much the last bastion between take-up and oblivion.

Comparison pcvr vs psvr2, problem initially focusing because psvr2 sweetshop smallish.

Oleds nice, blacks great, little bit of ghosting due to OLED, headset seems wobbly, controllers feel clunky as massive.

Pcvr seems a little sharper picture and fidelity, blacks not as good at least on Q2 as LED.

All on all great option if you already have a ps5 as performance is solid, or you want something better than standalone headset such as Quest2

On 28/02/2023 at 04:59, Bobby Hundreds said:

Looks great though doesn't it, just wandering around a mystical world while my missus calls me a sad cunt.

Haha yeah the whole world looks unreal, so much detail and I like how they give you the option to explain lore shit if you're not a Harry Potter nerd. I only got my PS5 last week as I generally just play games on my PC but I wanted to play on controller for the haptic feedback and bigger screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2023 at 15:27, i5x said:

Comparison pcvr vs psvr2, problem initially focusing because psvr2 sweetshop smallish.

Oleds nice, blacks great, little bit of ghosting due to OLED, headset seems wobbly, controllers feel clunky as massive.

Pcvr seems a little sharper picture and fidelity, blacks not as good at least on Q2 as LED.

All on all great option if you already have a ps5 as performance is solid, or you want something better than standalone headset such as Quest2

Just got Before Your Eyes for £11.99 on PSVR2. Brilliant 

29 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just got Before Your Eyes for £11.99 on PSVR2. Brilliant 

Cheers will take a look for sure, this weekend Im also going to pick up GT7 i think, looks slick.

If yourself or anyone knows of first person shooters or games similar for psvr2 about would appreciate a heads up. I have a little buisness that makes periferals for VR shooters and trying to bring them to psvr2. The more games I can get my stuff working with the better.

I bought gran turismo 7 on release and it really changed a few weeks later so it was harder to get cars. VR will give it a new lease of life, haven’t loaded it yet though.

shooters on psvr2 are resident evil village and Pavlov, coming soon are X8 and Synapse.