You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I'm in. 

At the end of the day, all it’s trying to do is stop wealth from concentrating in the hands of a few massively rich people, CEOs, corporations, major shareholders - and give power back to the people by giving them a say in how things are run 

10 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Lib Dems - Labour will be distant third (or fourth) in my constituency. It's Raab-land. 

Esher and Walton? Lib Dems will finish second there. Big Remain vote, and they were only 1,000 or so votes off second in 2017.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Esher and Walton? Lib Dems will finish second there. Big Remain vote, and they were only 1,000 or so votes off second in 2017.

Yep. They were very complacent in 2010, putting all their resources into nearby seats and still got withing a few thousand. 

Lots of City types and right-leaning pro-Europeans, but also a big ageing population. I think we were @60% Remain. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

2017 doesn't count though. All about the Euros. 

You seem to be missing my point, which is that even in 2017, when they polled less than 8% nationally, Lib Dems weren't far off second. That they have recovered substantially since means they will do even better this time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moof said:

No point wasting your vote, then @rubble-rouser

If they got within a thousand votes last time, why not hope they can get over the line and get rid of the utter shitbag who is now the MP. Brexit Party will put up a candidate so there's an outside chance - maybe about 15/1 - of getting rid of Raab. That's not a wasted vote in my book.

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

If they got within a thousand votes last time, why not hope they can get over the line and get rid of the utter shitbag who is now the MP. Brexit Party will put up a candidate so there's an outside chance - maybe about 15/1 - of getting rid of Raab. That's not a wasted vote in my book.

He said they were a thousand votes off second, not first, and that they’ll finish second this time.