You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think there is a Brexit deal that doesn't damage the economy and the NHS. I've yet to see any evidence that one exists. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of evidence that even the softest Brexit deal will result in a substantial hit to GDP.

So we're back to unicorns.

Same people in the Brexit thread telling us it’s a national disaster telling us it’ll be ok because master negotiator JC will sort it.  Madness. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I suspect both of them weren’t serious about anyone dying.  Although you may need a 30 page thread and literally everyone on the site explaining it to you.  Ha, bud.  

Sweet. Feel free to attack whichever Labour personality you like Rico. Not sure why you’re asking me to do it. I’m voting Labour.

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"trashing" or "damaging"?

The former is Keith Moon's hotel room.

The latter can be anything from a stain on the wall on up.

One needs a total rebuild, the other a lick of paint.

What exactly did Corbyn say?

Corbyn is quoted as saying "trashing". Stronts changed the wording to make Corbyn look bad.

I don't think this is unprecedented. 

I agree that no Brexit will be a good outcome and hope that we remain at the end of the day , but a Labour BRINO would be easier to swallow than the present Johnson mess.and give both sides of the argument a choice at a referendum rather the proscriptive ‘ we know better ‘ policies from Tories and Lib Dems.

If the Labour referendum happened I would like to see the party structures and leader remain neutral but MPs and members allowed to campaign on a personal basis for whichever side they favour.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I thought as intelligent political analysers we didn't partake in "whataboutery"

I think it’s consistency.  

ive posted in the past about digging up old tweets and the drive for ‘perfection’ Jon Ronsons book on the subject is brilliant.  It’s bollocks as we’ve all done something that someone else would find offensive.  

Reading this thread has made it all ever so confusing for my addled brain.

Brexit is terrible, is for racists and will fuck the economy right up however you do it, people must change their minds. Ok, I have. But, actually none of that applies, if Jeremy does it, we dont know and it doesnt matter how he will do it, it will be ok. Lib dems, the only party whose policy is to stay, actually really want to leave so that they can campaign to re-join. 

Its real head scratcher for a remainer.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone watching Swinson on BBC News live here? She is all over the place. 

Started her speech with attacks on other leaders instead of focusing on her own party. When asked about Lib-Dems assisting Corbyn into Downing Street she came out with a load of bollocks. 

It is obvious Corbyns stance is for a peoples vote if he gets into power. he has said he will go and get the best Brexit deal possible, lay it on the table and take it to a peoples vote which will more than likely see Brexit being binned. Then starts talking about equality and equal rights and brings up anti-semitism and Luciana Berger. Then she mentions him being a threat to national security. 

Seriously does she think she has a chance at all of ever being anything than a 3rd wheel? Especially with her bullshit. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You're an adult. 

Stop pretending that you think any EU election is a reliable indicator of what might happen in a General Election. 

Stop pretending if has no relevance at all in an election that will be all about Brexit. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

"Liberal Democrats"

Do you think it is democratic to revoke article 50 without a peoples vote? 

If a government is democratically elected with a mandate to do just that, because the existing government refuses to give us a second referendum, then it obviously is.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If a government is democratically elected with a mandate to do just that, because the existing government refuses to give us a second referendum, then it obviously is.

Well considering it appears to be Lib Dems only gambit apart from lies , smear and slander then I guess you are right. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought the  whole point for Labour was try to get a better deal (which will still be worse) and then put that against remaining in a referendum. Which hopefully most people will just vote remain.

Thats exactly what it is. 

Don't tell the resident yellow-tory spin doctor though. He might get dizzy. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought the  whole point for Labour was try to get a better deal (which will still be worse) and then put that against remaining in a referendum. Which hopefully most people will just vote remain.

So what's the point of trying to negotiate another deal . Why not say labour will offer referendum on  Boris J deal V  Remain ?

5 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

So what's the point of trying to negotiate another deal . Why not say labour will offer referendum on  Boris J deal V  Remain ?

Because what is the point of taking a risk on Boris Johnsons deal? Lets say they use that in a referendum and it somehow passes? Fuck that.