You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2018: A Year in Review

Oh Buoy

So, how was your year? 

Best: 

- Moved into my first house. 

- First year in IAPT/Mental Health

- Decent holidays inc. finding out how cheap beer in Prague is. 

Worst:

- Career change meant a lower salary making saving challenging. 

- Realised the mental health industry is more fucked up than I had originally thought. 

2019:

- Boss holidays planned. 

- Renovating house. 

- Starting up a new wellbeing service. 

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

All bad 

Nightmare boss at work

Mrs nephew died 

Dad diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer 

Dog dropped dead suddenly 

Mum needs a heart valve replacement 

Next year doesn't promise much as it's likely be year dad dies

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope it gets better for you. Without sounding like a dick, sometimes it's best to get all that crap out of the way in quick succession. Less time to dwell on it at the time and you (mostly) get mentally stronger eventually for facing it all. Best wishes to you and your family. 

Best:

We had our 2nd kid. My wife has endometriosis and we were told she'd never conceive again, and that we were extremely lucky to have our 1st child. 

Worst:

I've been really blessed this year. Nothing really bad has gone wrong and I'm coping with my anxiety. Just hope it doesn't mean it is stacking up... 

2019:

Try be less of a narky dick. Try do my long put off CCIE exams. Give more love and less abuse..

Peace

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope it gets better for you. Without sounding like a dick, sometimes it's best to get all that crap out of the way in quick succession. Less time to dwell on it at the time and you (mostly) get mentally stronger eventually for facing it all. Best wishes to you and your family. 

Thanks pal good to hear your good news. Anxiety is a twat I've been on anti depressants since I was 18. They really do help. My dad and uncles are heavy boozers I think they've stopped me becoming one. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

All bad 

Nightmare boss at work

Mrs nephew died 

Dad diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer 

Dog dropped dead suddenly 

Mum needs a heart valve replacement 

Next year doesn't promise much as it's likely be year dad dies

Ive liked it because its the closest I can get to throwing my arm around you x Rooting for you to have a far better 2019 

• Upvote 1

Pros 

Got two dogs, they are great. 

Band stuff going well.

Cons

Had a breakdown recently, got through a very dark period thanks to the help of loved ones.

Mrs Junipers gran, a lady who I love, got very ill this Christmas and it’s heartbreaking to see her family go through it all knowing the end is near. Ended this evening holding her hand in the hospital while she was in and out of consciousness.

Basically 2018 was a year I want to forget.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Pros 

Got two dogs, they are great. 

Band stuff going well.

Cons

Had a breakdown recently, got through a very dark period thanks to the help of loved ones.

Mrs Junipers gran, a lady who I love, got very ill this Christmas and it’s heartbreaking to see her family go through it all knowing the end is near. Ended this evening holding her hand in the hospital while she was in and out of consciousness.

Basically 2018 was a year I want to forget.

If ever you need a banana mate i'll be there. 

• Upvote 1