You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW 2018 Poll

Mook

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Bjornebye said:

Best film - A Star Is Born 

Best album - Egypt Station - Paul McCartney

Best tv programme - Power (Netflix) 

Hottest bird - Holly Willabooby

Hottest bloke - Philip Schofield 

Favourite TLW moment - Spending every single day with you guys xxxx 

Highlight - Started a new job today in town, pretty much the job i'd design for myself if asked. Persistence and belief really does pay off. 

Lowlight - Quite a few and I've just started crying thinking about them Mook you bastard. 

One wish for 2019 - To really get back on track and reclaim my rightful place as the fucking best and happiest motherfucker around. 

I'd like to change my highlight to 'I've got the runs runs Rudolph' shout from yesterday on the Shit Christmas Songs thread. I nearly spat vital organs out. 

Forumite you’d least like to meet down a dark alley at night?

Code, because I wouldn’t fancy being outnumbered 55-1. Reckon I’d call my wife as back up.

Hottest forumite?

Champ. The glue that holds the GF together. Plus she’s boss at baking.

Forumite you’d most like to go for a pint with?

Previously, I’d have said Mook or Stig. However, nowadays, it would have to be one of the teetotallers, so I’ll say General Dryness. Mine’s a pint of tomato juice, please, mate. 

Forumite you’d least like to go on a date with?

Anyone who’s not into custard creams. 

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore?

The Guest put me on ignore, then said he thought I was Tony Evans. This remains my biggest claim to fame.

Forumite with the best dress sense?

Cloggypop knows his clothes.

Which forumite do you think would be the best dancer.

I don’t really know... Mook’s cat? I bet you a pound to a pinch of shite that he lurks on here.

Forumite with the worst taste in music?

To be honest, it’s probably me, as I like loads of 80s pop music.

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be of those mass shooting perpetrators?

Blog blert

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Forumite you’d least like to meet down a dark alley at night?

Code, because I wouldn’t fancy being outnumbered 55-1. Reckon I’d call my wife as back up.

Hottest forumite?

Champ. The glue that holds the GF together. Plus she’s boss at baking.

Forumite you’d most like to go for a pint with?

Previously, I’d have said Mook or Stig. However, nowadays, it would have to be one of the teetotallers, so I’ll say General Dryness. Mine’s a pint of tomato juice, please, mate. 

Forumite you’d least like to go on a date with?

Anyone who’s not into custard creams. 

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore?

The Guest put me on ignore, then said he thought I was Tony Evans. This remains my biggest claim to fame.

Forumite with the best dress sense?

Cloggypop knows his clothes.

Which forumite do you think would be the best dancer.

I don’t really know... Mook’s cat? I bet you a pound to a pinch of shite that he lurks on here.

Forumite with the worst taste in music?

To be honest, it’s probably me, as I like loads of 80s pop music.

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be of those mass shooting perpetrators?

Blog blert

Blog blert rep

On 12/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, Fowlers God said:

Best film- only seen Bohemian Rhapsody at the cinema this year so will have to be that

Best album- haven’t listened to any new music really 

Best tv programme- American Horror Story apocalypse 

Hottest bird- there’s a few

Hottest bloke- Virgil

Favourite TLW moment- Dave’s we’ve got no more shit players thread

Highlight- coming through my trials and tribulations sober and beating my mental health issues

Lowlight- Marriage breaking down

One wish for 2019- number 19

Nice one, FG.  Take it easy, brother - here's to a top 2019.

• Upvote 2

On 12/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, Mook said:

Last year's poll went really badly & nobody could be arsed so if that happens again this year I'm going to have a diva strop & it's getting binned in 2019, here goes:-

Best film.    The Handmaiden

Best album.     Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Best tv programme.     Mr Inbetween

Hottest bird.     Leanna Decker

Hottest bloke.     Big Virg

Favourite TLW moment.     The return of Rapey

Highlight.     CL victory over Man City

Lowlight.     Watching Mo get subbed in Kiev

One wish for 2019.     No 19 in 2019

Fave film was tough, I detest all that superhero and Star Wars bollocks, what else was there ?!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Fave film was tough, I detest all that superhero and Star Wars bollocks, what else was there ?!

The film with the billboards was good. 

Best film: I don’t watch many, but I probably enjoyed Avengers: Infinity War the most. 

Best album: Kamikaze - Eminem 

Best TV programme: Haunting of Hill House

Hottest bird: Helga Lovekaty

Hottest bloke: Adam Lavine

Favourite TLW moment: Col’s burnt breakfast reaction. TLW is a shadow of what it used to be, but that was prime TLW. 

Highlight: Changed job to give me more free time. Fitness and weight loss regime paying off. 

Lowlight: Probably finding out what anxiety feels like. Depression is bad, but anxiety is a whole new level of cunt. 

One wish for 2019: Happiness for my family. 

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night: Fuck off, I’ll do you all. 

Hottest forumite: Suzy

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with: Sugar Ape and moof. A few others too. 

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with: Sugar Ape and moof. A few others too. 

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore: Rico!

Forumite with the best dress sense: Rapey.

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer: The Bitch

Forumite with the worst taste in music: NV

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators: Stronts

• Upvote 3

Best film: Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse as it's like no other film I've seen.

Best album: Released this year? Personal favourite was Christine and the Queens - Chris. 

Best TV programme: Haunting of Hill House

Hottest bird: Christmas Turkey

Hottest bloke: David Dickinson (he knows how to tan)

Favourite TLW moment: We don't have any shit players any more. 

Highlight: Changing from manual to automatic driver training.

Lowlight: Finding out an old friend had passed away. Not knowing much about how it happened but suggestions of suicide caused by extreme mental illness. Taught me to be grateful for every day, whether good or bad as even a bad day that ends to be followed by a new day has to be a good day.

One wish for 2019: Liverpool to win the League would make for a happy 2019. 

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night: None, I don't walk down dark alleys and neither should you. 

Hottest forumite: Lifetime fan likes his breakfast piping hot. 

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with: Anyone who fancies it. 

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with: Anyone who fancies it. 

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore: Anyone who knows where the ignore button is.

Forumite with the best dress sense: Tony Moanero

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer: Tony Moanero

Forumite with the worst taste in music: Shooter in the Motor

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators: Shooter in the Motor

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night: Annie Road

Hottest forumite: Champ  

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with: All of you fuckers

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with: Alan Sex

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore: SD

Forumite with the best dress sense: AoT

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer: Rico

Forumite with the worst taste in music: Red Pheonix 

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators: Strontium Dog (Very high bikini state there) 

• Upvote 2

Best film: Haven't really seen much this year, except Black Panther, and I don't want to put that.

Best album: Let's Eat Grandma - I'm All Ears

Best TV programme: Only Connect / Dark. Thanks to my nephew I've watched a fair bit of Wishfart too, which is great.

Hottest bird: Loads of big-titted plastic Instagram bints about, but Victoria Coren-Mitchell is still aces by me. Spank me and read me crossword clues.

Hottest bloke: Right, I'll say it, Graham Norton is turning into a proper silver fox, well dressed and with a fine beard to boot. Twist my nipple and tell me about pocket squares.

Favourite TLW moment: The site finally moving to a server that isn't powered by potatoes. 

Highlight: Finding a decent local pub quiz, and building a solid team with some new friends.

Lowlight: My new neighbours have all the hallmarks of being annoying dickheads.

One wish for 2019: Brexit is somehow halted / moving house to one up the road which may come on the market.

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night: Dennis Tooth - he's still out there somewhere...

Hottest forumite: I always figured moof would be fairly attractive, but potentially a loafers with no socks type.

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with: Tony, as I reckon if we met face-to-face it'd be like the Frost-Nixon of biscuit chats.

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with: Half a cider and I'm anyone's.

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore: Hard to narrow a wide field.

Forumite with the best dress sense: Remmie

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer: aRdja, anyone with trainers like that needs to keep their feet moving fast so no one can see them.

Forumite with the worst taste in music: Still Stig, Oasis were, are, and always will be a bit shit.

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators:  Gotta agree on blog blert, though Red Pheonix's talk of conspiracies does worry me a bit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Best film: Haven't really seen much this year, except Black Panther, and I don't want to put that.

Best album: Let's Eat Grandma - I'm All Ears

Best TV programme: Only Connect / Dark. Thanks to my nephew I've watched a fair bit of Wishfart too, which is great.

Hottest bird: Loads of big-titted plastic Instagram bints about, but Victoria Coren-Mitchell is still aces by me. Spank me and read me crossword clues.

Hottest bloke: Right, I'll say it, Graham Norton is turning into a proper silver fox, well dressed and with a fine beard to boot. Twist my nipple and tell me about pocket squares.

Favourite TLW moment: The site finally moving to a server that isn't powered by potatoes. 

Highlight: Finding a decent local pub quiz, and building a solid team with some new friends.

Lowlight: My new neighbours have all the hallmarks of being annoying dickheads.

One wish for 2019: Brexit is somehow halted / moving house to one up the road which may come on the market.

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night: Dennis Tooth - he's still out there somewhere...

Hottest forumite: I always figured moof would be fairly attractive, but potentially a loafers with no socks type.

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with: Tony, as I reckon if we met face-to-face it'd be like the Frost-Nixon of biscuit chats.

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with: Half a cider and I'm anyone's.

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore: Hard to narrow a wide field.

Forumite with the best dress sense: Remmie

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer: aRdja, anyone with trainers like that needs to keep their feet moving fast so no one can see them.

Forumite with the worst taste in music: Still Stig, Oasis were, are, and always will be a bit shit.

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators:  Gotta agree on blog blert, though Red Pheonix's talk of conspiracies does worry me a bit.

Great post apart from the Oasis bit you fat cunt 

Forumite you'd least like to meet down a dark alley at night? - Anny Road for obvious reasons

Hottest forumite? - Champ and Suzy

Forumite you'd most like to go for a pint with? - All of you normally but as I've binned the drink lately due to poor health it would have to be the biscuit King Tony Moanero

Forumite you'd least like to go on a date with? - aRdja.  Bastard would probably take me to an overpriced shit all day brekky gaff

Forumite most likely to put you on ignore? - No idea

Forumite with the best dress sense? - Stringy the suave bastard. 

Which forumite do you reckon would be the best dancer? - Toxteth O Grady

Forumite with the worst taste in music? - No idea

Which forumite is most likely to turn out to be one of those mass shooting perpetrators? - The Guest.  It's just a matter of time

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Mook said:

Some of these are brilliant, sitting chuckling away to myself reading them.

Were there any good films this year though? I Googled it when I did my poll & couldn't find a single one that I'd watched & really liked.

Sometimes it's hard to know which year a film came out - the billboards one was a standout, also the comedy based on the crap film The Room (The Disaster Artist) was really good too. However they could have come out the year before. Last Avengers film was good, also enjoyed Widows and one film that looked really good but left the cinema before I could watch it was The Old Man and The Gun with Robert Redford.