You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

China Uighurs: Xinjiang legalises 're-education' camps

Oh Buoy

20 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Peru is pretty fantastic to be fair.

Very grim shit China with the Uighurs.

I’m surprised a lot more hasn’t been made of it really considering Trump has been feisty where China is concerned, and there’s been a bit more pushback recently such as Huawei getting kicked off the UK 5G network.

China has done a pretty sterling job at creating economic power to give itself massive political power though. I guess this is showing with the media being reticent as well as politicians. Similar to Saudi on a slightly smaller scale.

China has done an astonishing job of placing itself, mainly dormant, in Africa and the Middle East over the past three/four decades.

Chinese money has paid for infrastructure, industrial expertise being shared etc. Lots of soft power and credit being built. It’ll obviously all come at a price somewhere down the line, but they have done the ground work on sewing up these parts of the world.

The irony is that the gold rush to get in to China that the US and UK led on in its greed ‘to build bridges between east and west’ paid for this, they used ‘our’ money to do this, genius.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

China has done an astonishing job of placing itself, mainly dormant, in Africa and the Middle East over the past three/four decades.

Chinese money has paid for infrastructure, industrial expertise being shared etc. Lots of soft power and credit being built. It’ll obviously all come at a price somewhere down the line, but they have done the ground work on sewing up these parts of the world.

The irony is that the gold rush to get in to China that the US and UK led on in its greed ‘to build bridges between east and west’ paid for this, they used ‘our’ money to do this, genius.

It must have gone pretty deep as I’ve not heard any U.K. Muslim groups on the issue.  

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It must have gone pretty deep as I’ve not heard any U.K. Muslim groups on the issue.  

Very odd.

My wives family are Muslim, North African, but spend a large amount of time in the Gulf, and I was asking them they same thing and they are dumbfounded by the silence. China works a lot with the Emirates and are heavily indebted to China, as is the Muslim north of Africa.

I’d assume that SA would be the biggest defender of islamic intersect have, to my knowledge, been largely silent. Again assumption, but I’d wager they’d have the support of America to stand up and challenge in a proxy style, but again, nothing. They also ideologically control the mosques in about 90% of the world through Wahabism and direct financial funding. So they have the chance to give voice to ideas.

It’s all very odd.

I’m sure you had these considerations in mind and not dog whistling here, Rico, right?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Very odd.

My wives family are Muslim, North African, but spend a large amount of time in the Gulf, and I was asking them they same thing and they are dumbfounded by the silence. China works a lot with the the emirates are heavily indebted to China, as is the Muslim north of Africa.

I’d assume that SA would be the biggest defender of islamic intersect have, to my knowledge, been largely silent. Again assumption, but I’d wager they’d have the support of America to stand up and challenge in a proxy style, but again, nothing.

It’s all very odd.

I’m sure you had these considerations in mind and not dog whistling here, Rico, right?  

I honestly wasn’t aware of the link between

china and Middle East.  I thought oil money protected them.  

But for the ME to then have such massive influence to then keep British and international groups quiet is telling.  Anyway, I’ve signed the petition.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I honestly wasn’t aware of the link between

china and Middle East.  I thought oil money protected them.  

But for the ME to then have such massive influence to then keep British and international groups quiet is telling.  Anyway, I’ve signed the petition.  

Oil money needs to be extracted before it becomes money, then you need the infrastructure to be put in place, then you need to be shown how to handle yourselves on the world stage (who’s my enemy kinda thing) you then need maintenance and work force.

Remember the Emirates native population is minuscule, but their wealth is obscene. They need guidance and China was happy to oblige, as were Russia and the UK.

It is astounding the silence this is facing, but apathy runs deep when it’s not on your doorstep.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

All I kept thinking listening to that Chinese ambassador was this is the type of shite we get from Johnson and trump. They're no different in their attitude to the truth. 

We've got no right to the moral high ground any more. Trump apparently told them he was fully behind the camps, Cummings probably wanks over their designs for facial recognition towers.

Was watching a beeb report crying the blues about the conditions in Yemen the other day, zero mention of the fact they were being bombed by Saudi and we sell them the jets and bombs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

We've got no right to the moral high ground any more. Trump apparently told them he was fully behind the camps, Cummings probably wanks over their designs for facial recognition towers.

Was watching a beeb report crying the blues about the conditions in Yemen the other day, zero mention of the fact they were being bombed by Saudi and we sell them the jets and bombs.

Cummings' extended family quite big fans of concentration camps anyway. Trump's got his own camps on the Southern border too.

Uighurs, Yemen, Rohingya, Native persecution in Brazil. Populism's beatdown on international watchdog organisations and "MSM" letting some lovely people do what they want with few real consequences or condemnation.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just my little joke.

What's Corbyn been saying about it? Couldn't see anything on his Twitter although I only went back a few months. 

I notice the Lib Dems have been front runners in challenging this. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Thanks, it's nice of you to notice. 

Pointless party who no-one pays attention too anyway. Corbyn has more decency in his left foot than you and anyone within the Lib Dem party will ever have. Plus he doesn't lie unlike some eh SD. Eh? Eh? 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just my little joke.

What's Corbyn been saying about it? Couldn't see anything on his Twitter although I only went back a few months. 

Maybe he realises that as bad as this is, it's also just another excuse for an organised campaign against China, and that some of the groups behind this don't give a fuck about Muslims anyway.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

From The Guardian : "China will be high on the agenda when Raab meets his US counterpart, Mike Pompeo, in London this week." Haha fuck off, like those fascists give two shits about Uighurs. They just want to slap some sanctions on China.

In modern history have there been two bigger retards in those roles?

51 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Maybe he realises that as bad as this is, it's also just another excuse for an organised campaign against China, and that some of the groups behind this don't give a fuck about Muslims anyway.

So we should ignore genocide because some people are mean about China. Got it.

50 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

From The Guardian : "China will be high on the agenda when Raab meets his US counterpart, Mike Pompeo, in London this week." Haha fuck off, like those fascists give two shits about Uighurs. They just want to slap some sanctions on China.

Trump and Johnson quickly need an enemy for people to rally against now they've fucked their popularity with covid. Building the Chinese into that enemy, at least till November, will help trump and won't harm Johnson. 

• Upvote 1