Quantcast
New site feedback - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

dave u

New site feedback

Am I the only one who can't see about 1/3 of the pictures on the forum ever since the format changed?

I tried it in Chrome and Firefox, no difference. If I right-click and select "view image" then I can see it, but until then it doesn't show up. I can see the majority of them, but there's a selection of them that just don't show up for some reason.

Possibly related that when I try to post photos I can't post them from all websites. Sometimes I'll try to post one and it doesn't accept it and then I try a few alternates until I get one that works. If I'm the only one experiencing this then it's no big deal but I was just wondering if it's really just me.

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The thumb icon in the bottom right of posts, mate. 

I'd rep this but I've no idea how.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jennings said:

Any ideas for more 'how to' videos for me to create?

I got a video editing piece of software. Spent ages learnig it, to do the 'ignore' video. Now I dunno which other stuff to do.

I spent ages creating those transition effects.

I was thinking...how to:-

• add animated gifs to your posts.
  • observe good TLW etiquette.
  • Get gold.

anything else?

How to wrap posts or picks in NSFW or Spoliler tags.

15 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Am I the only one who can't see about 1/3 of the pictures on the forum ever since the format changed?

I tried it in Chrome and Firefox, no difference. If I right-click and select "view image" then I can see it, but until then it doesn't show up. I can see the majority of them, but there's a selection of them that just don't show up for some reason.

Possibly related that when I try to post photos I can't post them from all websites. Sometimes I'll try to post one and it doesn't accept it and then I try a few alternates until I get one that works. If I'm the only one experiencing this then it's no big deal but I was just wondering if it's really just me.

Some users are posting a picture link with extentions like :large on the end of it, and I think this prevents the forum software from embedding the image. Maybe there's a simpler way, but I use the 'Insert other media' button on the bottom right, and then select the 'Insert image from URL' option before pasting the relevant URL. It gives you a chance to delete all the extraneous stuff after the .jpg .

I have found that occasionally, Youtube links don't embed despite me not doing anything differently to what I do when they embed automatically.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Some users are posting a picture link with extentions like :large on the end of it, and I think this prevents the forum software from embedding the image. Maybe there's a simpler way, but I use the 'Insert other media' button on the bottom right, and then select the 'Insert image from URL' option before pasting the relevant URL.

I have found that occasionally, Youtube links don't embed despite me not doing anything differently to what I do when they embed automatically.

Yeah, I posted a YouTube link this afternoon, that didn’t embed. 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, Tony Moanero said:

Looks like things have been altered and only paid members can rep. I’d let my subscription lapse and recently lost the ability to rep. Renewed today and can rep (and neg) again.

Welcome back to the paid ranks. Oh,and negged.

• Upvote 2