You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

He fucked up a simple catch on Saturday which lead to them scoring a few minutes later. 

Nottingham Forest logic.

He fucked up a catch (under pressure - not a simple one, but he definitely should have done better) which led to them having a shot, which he saved.  Then some of the outfield players lost possession, allowing West Ham in.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Demonstrably untrue. This is how perceptions work: every now and then, Ali will wrong-foot an attacker, keeping the situation under complete control, before passing to a teammate; but fans will shit themselves, because they want him to just twat it into the stands. And the memory of shitting themselves imprints itself more than the reality that there was nothing to worry about.  Then, the one time in a hundred that he tries it and it doesn't work, that's perceived as him always fucking up.

I'm a big fan of the lad, but he does invite problems more frequently than that.  Once it happens once in a game, there tends to be a cluster of them as he gets panicky and starts making bad decisions.  Not quite every game, but probably 1 game in every 3 or 4

I'm working with my under 10s goalkeepers on killing momentum when we're under pressure. If they have a good chance I want the keeper to slow everything down, don't turn a chance into a flurry of chances, get our shape, clear our heads and try get control again. My lads have picked it up really quickly.

We (LFC) have in the last 2 away games lost the ball in our defensive third immediately after giving up a big chance. I wasn't arsed enough in either to go searching for the culprit but it's fucking brain dead stuff.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nottingham Forest logic.

He fucked up a catch (under pressure - not a simple one, but he definitely should have done better) which led to them having a shot, which he saved.  Then some of the outfield players lost possession, allowing West Ham in.

If he catches the ball, which he should have done the play resets and we can take a breather and get up the pitch clearing everyone out of our box putting the pressure back on them. 

He didn’t and created unnecessary panic which gave them a lift from which they scored. 

5 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

That was about 95% down to Virgil even to the point of him getting in the way of Ali trying to kick the ball.

Was it fuck. Keepers fault all day

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I'm working with my under 10s goalkeepers on killing momentum when we're under pressure. If they have a good chance I want the keeper to slow everything down, don't turn a chance into a flurry of chances, get our shape, clear our heads and try get control again. My lads have picked it up really quickly.

We (LFC) have in the last 2 away games lost the ball in our defensive third immediately after giving up a big chance. I wasn't arsed enough in either to go searching for the culprit but it's fucking brain dead stuff.

One for the shitness of modern football thread.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The missed catch was fucking dreadful and it's absolutely the type of thing that leads to conceding.

Maybe, but in that moment it didn't. He even made amends with a save from Emerson's shot almost straight after.

Simple enough task for the defence to regroup at that point instead of fucking around, Robbo for whatever reason decides to back off his man and invites the cross from Bowen and Quansah gets caught underneath. 

We had opportunities to defend our lines and fucked it up as per.

• Upvote 1

Quansah was mainly at fault for the goal IMO.

My worry with Alisson is that he sees the writing on the wall & legs it this summer. He's not perfect but he's the best keeper we've had since Ray Clemence.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ he mishandled a cross, would have immediately gathered it had Robertson not headed it out of his hands, play eventually ends up with Robertson with time and space and he gives it away, cross comes in and they scored....Alli to blame obviously.

• Upvote 2

Alisson is currently much better than we are collectively. Anyone who would entertain ideas of selling him needs to be sectioned. 

As Mook said, it's far more likely he doesn't see us challenging for the league or CL again any time soon and clears off to replace Neuer.

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was it fuck. Keepers fault all day

Virgil lets the ball bounce twice. It's basic defending to not let it bounce and if he deals it with then nothing happens.

He then tries to shield the ball for Ali but is nudged by Martinelli as Ali gets closer.  As a result when Ali goes to kick the ball Virgil's thigh goes between Ali's foot and the ball preventing him from kicking it.

It's Virgil's fault far more than Ali's and I don't even see how that's a debate.

2 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Virgil lets the ball bounce twice. It's basic defending to not let it bounce and if he deals it with then nothing happens.

He then tries to shield the ball for Ali but is nudged by Martinelli as Ali gets closer.  As a result when Ali goes to kick the ball Virgil's thigh goes between Ali's foot and the ball preventing him from kicking it.

It's Virgil's fault far more than Ali's and I don't even see how that's a debate.

Ill explain for you. If he stays on his line he gives Virgil the easy option to twat it out of play. Therefore keeping us in the game. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Ill explain for you. If he stays on his line he gives Virgil the easy option to twat it out of play. Therefore keeping us in the game. 

Even then Virgil is beckoning him and waiting for him. Virgil could have twatted that himself earlier if he wanted.

Just now, Turkish Delight said:

Even then Virgil is beckoning him and waiting for him. Virgil could have twatted that himself earlier if he wanted.

But Alison coming out lead to the confusion. Do you not think he’s shouted keepers ball there. 

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

I'm a big fan of the lad, but he does invite problems more frequently than that.  Once it happens once in a game, there tends to be a cluster of them as he gets panicky and starts making bad decisions.  Not quite every game, but probably 1 game in every 3 or 4

you missed 'months' off the end of that post.

• Upvote 1