You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Every single signing is different - where they have been before etc has little and often no difference on what might follow when they move....succes or failure at one place/in one league etc is no real indicator of how a player might perform elsewhere - even in same league.

Thierry Henry went from Monaco to Juventus and simply did not settle and quickly left....look at what he then did at Arsenal.

Our very own Ian Rush just couldn't settle in Italian footy.

Patrick Viera couldn't get a game at Milan, walked into Arsenal's team the next season and had a 10 year career there and became a legend....

Kante came from France and look at what he has done and how quickly he did it - he went from Caen to leading Leicester to the PL title!

And there are many, many other examples - plus examples like Morientes with us on other side of coin.

There is a myriad of things that mean a player does or does not do business at one place and not at another and vice versa - it is also way too early to make definitive judgements on Fabinho or Keita - although i am sure we all wish both had settled as quickly as say Torreira has at Arsenal.

Hopefully they both will soon.

Serie A was far better than the PL back then. Premier League is the best league in the world at the moment, with La Liga being close second...but all other leagues are pretty rubbish at the moment.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Of course, but it raises an interesting question I thought.. in light of his and Keita’s early season struggles, would we have better off letting them sign for the mid-table teams (like Southampton), see if they could cut it in the premier league?  Once they prove themselves, then we come in and sign then, albeit at a premium...

Jesus, mate 

32 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Serie A was far better than the PL back then. Premier League is the best league in the world at the moment, with La Liga being close second...but all other leagues are pretty rubbish at the moment.

When English clubs dominate European competitions, you might have some basis for that claim. That's without comparing the difference between the best and worst clubs in the respective leagues at the moment...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Premier League best in the world...?

30 seconds of Huddersfield Fulham last night was an excellent opportunity to take up a new hobby i.e. sticking pins in the eyes! I'd go so far as to say, apart from Liverpool/City/Arsenal rest are not really worth watching, exceptions are players like Eriksen and Hazard! I guess the PL can be exciting, but for the most part I find many of the other leagues easier on the eye technically. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, aRdja said:

PL is so good that it has more unbeaten teams in it at moment than la liga, bundesliga and serie a put together.

In what universe would Keita have signed for Southampton?

Unless 'Southampton' is aRdja talk for Bayern Munich or Barcelona. That particular piece of Premier League exceptionalism would make Paul Merson blush.

2 minutes ago, Em City said:

In what universe would Keita have signed for Southampton?

Unless 'Southampton' is aRdja talk for Bayern Munich or Barcelona. That particular piece of Premier League exceptionalism would make Paul Merson blush.

Yeah I accept that the scenario I put forward probably wasn’t realistic, but let’s take Fabinho... would we have been better off picking up Ndidi last summer? or waited until next summer and we could have a go at Lerma who’s looking very impressive for Bournemouth?

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

PL is so good that it has more unbeaten teams in it at moment than la liga, bundesliga and serie a put together.

Loads of PL misfits and/or youngsters are starring in Europe; Reiss Nelson, Thauvin, Gnabry, Sancho, Depay, Gervinho... that’s just off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I accept that the scenario I put forward probably wasn’t realistic, but let’s take Fabinho... would we have been better off picking up Ndidi last summer? or waited until next summer and we could have a go at Lerma who’s looking very impressive for Bournemouth?

Not really. N'didi would have cost the same, if not more, without having the pedigree that Fabinho comes with, as well as playing in a side with a completely different style to us.

I admittedly only saw flashes of Lerma on Saturday but looked pretty rubbish to me. I'll reserve judgment on him in the time being.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Loads of PL misfits and/or youngsters are starring in Europe; Reiss Nelson, Thauvin, Gnabry, Sancho, Depay, Gervinho... that’s just off the top of my head.

For me the debate about the perceived strengths of the leagues is another story really to the main point here

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Nonsense, he's not a complete and utter fucking moron.   Just a boring little stuck record wum.

No one is forcing you to get involved in this discussion.. you could go back to negging all my posts, that’d be more civil. Also feel free to put me on ignore if my views offend you that much mate.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

No one is forcing you to get involved in this discussion.. you could go back to negging all my posts, that’d be more civil. Also feel free to put me on ignore if my views offend you that much mate.

Ignore you?  So you can keep negging very old posts of mine to try an get a reaction on days I've not even posted, stop your little whiny victim crying when you're an attention seeking bellend, every single post you make has something thrown in there to get a reaction on here.

It's fucking old and boring, we all talk shite, you just scream for attention.