You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Sell:

Matip

Ings

Mignolet

Buy:

A big aggressive centre half

A number 9

A wide player

A controlling midfielder

Not too bothered with Ward as our second choice is Klopp is gonna keep Karius as first choice next season.

Lols. Didn’t realise this’d be a controversial post. Happy to get another second choice goalkeeper too obviously, or first choice and relegate Karius to the bench and cup games.

https://libero.pe/futbol-internacional/1241904-barcelona-yerry-mina-ya-llego-a-un-acuerdo-con-el-liverpool-fichajes-futbol-internacional-liberope

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Yerry Mina

Liverpool wants to strengthen its defence next season and it has reached an agreement with the Barcelona defender.

Liverpool beat Brighton and have qualified for next season's Champions league. Further on from the fact that the Liverpool’s Directors and Manager are pleased after hearing Salah saying he will stay next season, they are now focused on strengthening the defence.

Yerry Mina, the 23-year old Barcelona defender has reached an agreement in principle that’ll see him wear red next season. He wants more minutes to stake his claim for a place in the Colombian team. It will be a loan.

Spanish sources have reported that his agent reached an agreement with the ‘reds’. What remains is to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.

Also, according to the Spanish rumour mill, Ernesto Valverde didn’t want Mina and the decision to sign him was made by someone else. It is for this reason that he hasn’t played him much this season.

He's past his best now, but this is Suarez so he'd still be a not inconsiderable asset at only 50% of the the player he was. I'd still be tempted if he fancied a final couple of seasons. I doubt the urge he had to move on would be an issue now. He'd be very expensive though.

Our front three need high quality cover. Someone who isn’t going to play all the games, but who will be good enough to stick the ball away when the bus is parked by the opponents. Suarez as a back up would be pretty good. The price probably prevents it but I like the idea.

After seeing how good the 4-2-3-1 was today, Fekir makes a lot of sense now. Hopefully it's already done and it is likely he won't be picked by Deschamps so he'll have the full pre-season.

Not getting picked by France?

Only seen bits of him and looks excellent

Whats Deschamps issue?

Who all gets in the French team ahead of him?

Deschamps takes European performances as one of his first considerations when picking the team and he also doesn't like to introduce players suddenly into the squad. He picks players he knows and doesn't introduce new players or players that haven't meshed with the squad during tournaments. 

Because of his previous serious knee injury, Fekir hasn't been picked often recently (and couldn't be picked for the majority of qualifying) and he doesn't have many big European games that can be referenced.

So Deschamps is more likely to pick Lemar, Dembele, Payet and Thauvin ahead of him in attacking midfield and also probably Lacazette in the forward position. 

• Upvote 1

They play 4-4-2 against smaller nations and 4-2-3-1 against big nations.

I see. I remember in the euros, they played Kante, Pogba and Sissoko/Matuidi in the middle.

Was gonna put money on them to win it but now I’m not sure as Pogba has never really convinced me playing in a two man midfield.

I see. I remember in the euros, they played Kante, Pogba and Sissoko/Matuidi in the middle.

Was gonna put money on them to win it but now I’m not sure as Pogba has never really convinced me playing in a two man midfield.

They switched out of 4-3-3 because Griezmann didn't want to play on the wing/is better centrally.

https://libero.pe/futbol-internacional/1241904-barcelona-yerry-mina-ya-llego-a-un-acuerdo-con-el-liverpool-fichajes-futbol-internacional-liberope

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Yerry Mina

Liverpool wants to strengthen its defence next season and it has reached an agreement with the Barcelona defender.

Liverpool beat Brighton and have qualified for next season's Champions league. Further on from the fact that the Liverpool’s Directors and Manager are pleased after hearing Salah saying he will stay next season, they are now focused on strengthening the defence.

Yerry Mina, the 23-year old Barcelona defender has reached an agreement in principle that’ll see him wear red next season. He wants more minutes to stake his claim for a place in the Colombian team. It will be a loan.

Spanish sources have reported that his agent reached an agreement with the ‘reds’. What remains is to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.

Also, according to the Spanish rumour mill, Ernesto Valverde didn’t want Mina and the decision to sign him was made by someone else. It is for this reason that he hasn’t played him much this season.

His name is only a couple of letters away from yer ma, for that reason I'm in get the cunt signed up.

We’ve got Trent plus two England internationals at right back. Robbo and Moreno (point taken) at left back, plus Milner who’s shown he can be good on both sides.

I would say full back is the position we’ve got more depth of quality in than any other.

Did you read my post? I was not saying we lack quality. I think we lack the right attributes at full back behind the first choice pair.
  • Upvote 1

Who all gets in the French team ahead of him?

Deschamps will pick two players on the right hand side, who will likely be Mbappe and Dembele.

Fekir does not fit with Deschamps’ style. Last time he played was against Luxembourg as a sub, he was poor, then was injured for other game I think.

As some one said, Deschamps has his bunch of players he trusts, Fekir is not one of them.

Deschamps will pick two players on the right hand side, who will likely be Mbappe and Dembele.

Fekir does not fit with Deschamps’ style. Last time he played was against Luxembourg as a sub, he was poor, then was injured for other game I think.

As some one said, Deschamps has his bunch of players he trusts, Fekir is not one of them.

Wealth of talent to choose from. Could actually be a good world cup for once.

Neves

6 goals for Wolves, all from outside the area.

That’s something to build a bid around, that’s a player from deep capable of changing games 5+ games per season, especially the bus-parkers.

As for Sessegnon, I’ve never been blown away by the lad when I’ve seen him. Sure, his baseline potential is huge, in theory. But for me he’s nothing like Bale was, and he’s in some weird halfway house in terms of his positional development, would we be buying him as a left back or a left forward? Which one does he want to be? I think he’ll go with whichever bid that promises to make him into a forward, and I don’t think that’s us.

His value is so hard to get right. It could easily go wrong, he’s 17, and spending £50m on him is so high risk it’s untrue.

Did you read my post? I was not saying we lack quality. I think we lack the right attributes at full back behind the first choice pair.

Did you understand my post?

I was saying that I think our back up full backs are much closer to having the right attributes for that position, than say, our back up forwards are for those.