You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Am I the only one who has noticed that Firmino is not actually white himself and has probably endured a fair amount of prejudice himself? Or is this simply because he's Johnny Foreigner and the Everton player is English? This is another example of the FA's own brand of prejudice and does nobody any favours,least of all the blazer brigade in the FA.

Am I the only one who has noticed that Firmino is not actually white himself and has probably endured a fair amount of prejudice himself? Or is this simply because he's Johnny Foreigner and the Everton player is English? This is another example of the FA's own brand of prejudice and does nobody any favours,least of all the blazer brigade in the FA.

No it's because Holgate made a complaint. It's the other way round in the Bong/Rodriguez case

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/25/west-brom-three-degrees-book-extract

The three players were also now accustomed to receiving hate mail. Cunningham got the most, on account of his relationship with Nicky Brown [his white fiancee], which was well-publicised. Yet Bryan Robson also recalls being sent vile letters asking him how an Englishman could tolerate having black team-mates. One of the more regular correspondents to the club was an Everton fan, who’d send in an abusive screed each time Albion were due to play on Merseyside. He directed this at Atkinson, urging him not to select his “monkeys” for the game.

In fairness to the FA, there's a lot that goes into this.

First they have to read the ref's report. Then they have to watch 10 seconds of telly footage. Then they've got to ask Bobby what he said and ask the ref, Kenny, Lallana and Holgate what they heard.

You can't expect the FA to deal with a workload like that within two weeks.

• Upvote 3

reason this is taking so long is the FA are trying really hard to stick this on Firmino 

Id say the reason this is taking so long is because the FA have realised their is no case to answer for Bobby.  But they dont want a negative backlash on the young english starlet,  so i expect it will be left long enough so as people have nearly forgotten about it, then they will release  a small statement on a big news day.

It’s not good enough from the FA. Playing devil’s advocate for a moment, but let’s imagine they find grounds for a lengthy ban for Firmino. (I don’t think for one second they will, but they have form for poor decisions and a penchant for wanting to appear like the moral guardians of the game).

If Firmino was to receive a lengthy ban we deserve the right to respond in the transfer market.

Guest Pistonbroke

Echo reporting FA inquiry to go into 3rd week. How does that work then. Their own officials heard nothing racial said. 3 weeks and they still cannot bring themselves to say no case to answer.

They probably get free meals and drinks for emergency sittings. They probably call it Black Adder meetings or summit, being as Cobra has been used. 

'Coloured' was once considered a polite term for 'black people' but in my view it could be applied to non white people. Racism is not just confined to black people unfortunately,but encompasses pretty much everybody who isn't white. I think 'coloured' and 'people of colour' sound like pretty much the same thing and I'd go so far as to say that coloured sounds less patronising.

Is that not racist against white people?