You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I’d like to see it.

It’s all well and good saying that Khan wants to fight a p4p fighter instead but you have to question his decision making.

At the end of the day these guys box to earn a living. He has a massive payday staring him in the face but he’s deciding to go and get knocked out instead, it’s bizarre really.

It's all to do with Khan's pride. He can accept getting KO'd by literally anyone but if he loses to Brook, he'd never live it down and he would never be able to accept that. He's always put himself on a pedestal above Brook.

The strange thing is, he's no chance against the top names but the Brook fight is winnable.

• Upvote 1

Rocky fielding Vs Canelo tomorrow night. 

Keep forgetting about it because it was so random and came out of nowhere, I'm excited though. 

Probably gonna be a Canelo win, but I think a lot of people are gonna underestimate Rocky, he's gonna be the much bigger man, and he's only had 1 defeat and that was against Callum Smith, which isn't anything to be fucked at. 

skysports-rocky-fielding-saul-alvarez_4463198.jpg

Khan and Brook is obviously of no relevance anymore, but could still be an intriguing watch partly because they’re both so shop-soiled and have nowhere else to go afterwards.

Cant be a more compelling, morbidly fascinating interview in sport than the type one of them would have to give after losing that, hopefully conclusively.

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Khan and Brook is obviously of no relevance anymore, but could still be an intriguing watch partly because they’re both so shop-soiled and have nowhere else to go afterwards.

Cant be a more compelling, morbidly fascinating interview in sport than the type one of them would have to give after losing that, hopefully conclusively.

It'll be a draw so that they can milk it for a rematch, which will be a contentious split decision setting it all up nicely for the final fight of the trilogy. By which time everyone's wallet will be lightened to the promoters satisfaction. 

Oscar would be back on the coke and dressing up again before Fielding got backstage.

He will need to knock him out to get a draw though

Goldenboy already saying Canelo won't fight Danny Jacobs in May. 

Looks like they are gonna ride the golden goose longer than Hearn will ride Joshua

28 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Oscar would be back on the coke and dressing up again before Fielding got backstage.

He will need to knock him out to get a draw though

Goldenboy already saying Canelo won't fight Danny Jacobs in May. 

Looks like they are gonna ride the golden goose longer than Hearn will ride Joshua

He has fought Glolovkin twice to be fair. Even though the judges cards were poor, GGG could have knocked him clean out. They have taken risks. 

As we come to the end of the year, I do think it's worth reflecting on one of the most inspired, legendary and iconic bits of promotion for a prizefight that I have ever seen.

Namely, Isaac Chamberlain taking out a newspaper job advert for Lawrence Okolie, in Okalie's local paper,  before their fight in January:

r319300_494x278_16-9.png

okolie-chamberlain.png

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

As we come to the end of the year, I do think it's worth reflecting on one of the most inspired, legendary and iconic bits of promotion for a prizefight that I have ever seen.

Namely, Isaac Chamberlain taking out a newspaper job advert for Lawrence Okolie, in Okalie's local paper,  before their fight in January:

r319300_494x278_16-9.png

okolie-chamberlain.png

Yeah that was funny but less so after watching Chamberlain's turgid performance on the night. It's very cringey when fighters can't back up their bluster.

• Like 1