You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

D-Day. Liverpool at home, on Sunday

Kevin D

The mingling of stupidity and self-entitlement from some of our fans is the biggest downer. Makes supporting us at times feel seedy. None of this is a huge surprise. The man took the hapless side he inherited to a European final in his first half season. He was then given fuck all to spend the next summer (literally 0 net spend, with 2 or 3 regular first team players added), and still managed a 27% increase in points & CL football. He was then -- again -- given relatively fuck all to spend this summer (see: Huddersfield; Everton; West Ham) and a bigger fixture list and expectation to contend with.

This Chamberlain deal is a really ugly spectre that distracts from the bigger picture. The mental and physical drain here is such that you just cannot keep flogging a dead horse and expect it to perform like a thoroughbred. The club is run disgracefully -- has been run disgracefully for years and it is not going to change until FsG are out of the door. They were very clearly not spending another penny until we got through that qualifier. The signing of Chamberlain is now distracting from everything else -- even counting that for Fsg, he's a solid investment, who they picked up for the same fee and significantly less wages than were offered by Chelsea. The manager is nigh on irrelevant: we got pretty much the best we could have got with Klopp, but the man is not a miracle worker. I've got a season ticket at this club but speaking dispassionately, I think he's absolutely mental for hanging around.

You do know he has used 145.000.000 and the team is not much better then when he showed up. i know he has sold shit loads of players but i expected him to buy better ones. 

• Upvote 1

If Sturridge starts another game for us then Klopp must have dementia

Im wondering is sturridge's record of 4 goals from his last 4 appearance at Newcastle influenced Klopp's decision, together with Bobby not being on the top of his game is why he played today?

• Upvote 1

Im wondering is sturridge's record of 4 goals from his last 4 appearance at Newcastle influenced Klopp's decision, together with Bobby not being on the top of his game is why he played today?

You could be right Jimmy, another experiment like the Karius one that went well!

FSG ... The only constant in this football club.

Managers and Players come to this football club with titles and Medals....... Leave and then start winning medals again.

I want to know the intricate details of our transfer set up before i start slagging off another manager.

Because this squad need serious investment down the spine if it is to go anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe if we'd have kept Origi or replaced him with somebody with first team experience and goalscoring form we'd not have to depend on such a ridiculous back up plan?

The mingling of stupidity and self-entitlement from some of our fans is the biggest downer. Makes supporting us at times feel seedy. None of this is a huge surprise. The man took the hapless side he inherited to a European final in his first half season. He was then given fuck all to spend the next summer (literally 0 net spend, with 2 or 3 regular first team players added), and still managed a 27% increase in points & CL football. He was then -- again -- given relatively fuck all to spend this summer (see: Huddersfield; Everton; West Ham) and a bigger fixture list and expectation to contend with.

This Chamberlain deal is a really ugly spectre that distracts from the bigger picture. The mental and physical drain here is such that you just cannot keep flogging a dead horse and expect it to perform like a thoroughbred. The club is run disgracefully -- has been run disgracefully for years and it is not going to change until FsG are out of the door. They were very clearly not spending another penny until we got through that qualifier. The signing of Chamberlain is now distracting from everything else -- even counting that for Fsg, he's a solid investment, who they picked up for the same fee and significantly less wages than were offered by Chelsea. The manager is nigh on irrelevant: we got pretty much the best we could have got with Klopp, but the man is not a miracle worker. I've got a season ticket at this club but speaking dispassionately, I think he's absolutely mental for hanging around.

Fucking hell. How can you not see this is all on Klopp? It's a manager's responsibility to ensure he has adequate resources for the season ahead. Do you honestly think if Klopp said to FSG give me money for this player or that player, they would say no to him?

Is Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson here because of FSG? Klopp sanctioned new deals for some of these useless cunts instead of binning them.

His transfer record so far isn't great. Only Mane and Salah successes.

In the summer, he brought in Chamberlain and Robertson. Neither can get a game.

Do FSG coach our goalkeeper and defenders too? Do FSG pick the players for games, make substitutions? Did FSG choose to start Sturridge today?

I don't get how people still blame FSG for all this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Fucking hell. How can you not see this is all on Klopp? It's a manager's responsibility to ensure he has adequate resources for the season ahead. Do you honestly think if Klopp said to FSG give me money for this player or that player, they would say no to him?

Is Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson here because of FSG? Klopp sanctioned new deals for some of these useless cunts instead of binning them.

His transfer record so far isn't great. Only Mane and Salah successes.

In the summer, he brought in Chamberlain and Robertson. Neither can get a game.

Do FSG coach our goalkeeper and defenders too? Do FSG pick the players for games, make substitutions? Did FSG choose to start Sturridge today?

I don't get how people still blame FSG for all this.

Nonsense,and the reason why we don't deserve Klopp and why we'll be lining the Owl up in a sensational return to the club! But seriously we dont deserve Klopp and the borderline spending and lack of ambition means we will be lucky to win anything until some real investors get hold of the club. As for being run by gangsters and money launderers instead of hedge fund corporate crooks well then thats a choice the football fan gave up many years ago.

• Upvote 3