Quantcast
Summer 2017 Transfer Thread - Page 320 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Never a truer sentence than from the Independent transfer news live thread...

Liverpool's pursuit of Naby Keita is beginning to annoy Leipzig with lots of talk but little action.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-rumours-gossip-live-manchester-united-romelu-lukaku-liverpool-naby-keita-a7828161.html

Reminds me of that Elvis song

Jailhouse Rock

The 'big clubs' pay big fees & wages and tend to get the players they are after.

As a club we briefed we'd spend big.

We're back on the champions league, have a world class manager that's idenfied certain players he wants.

Put some money down and offers in for these players show some ambition.

It's already coming out on reports we're pissing off Leipzig.

In other news, conte and chelsea thought re signing lukaku was nailed on. Somehow he's going to united.

Conte also wanted to sign van dijk, bonucchi and bakayoko. How are those deals panning out because Im hearing they're having the same trouble as us getting the deals over the line.

Arsenal want to sign lemar, theyve hadto up their bid to £40m but monaco are refusing to sell. They also want mahrez, leicester want £50m for him, arsenal dont want to pay more than £0m - £35m.

maureen was moaning the other day about not getting the deals for players he wants done.

Its not just us who cant get deals done. No fucker wants to sell unless they get their asking price which is often silly money.

• Upvote 1

In other news, conte and chelsea thought re signing lukaku was nailed on. Somehow he's going to united.

Conte also wanted to sign van dijk, bonucchi and bakayoko. How are those deals panning out because Im hearing they're having the same trouble as us getting the deals over the line.

Arsenal want to sign lemar, theyve hadto up their bid to £40m but monaco are refusing to sell. They also want mahrez, leicester want £50m for him, arsenal dont want to pay more than £0m - £35m.

maureen was moaning the other day about not getting the deals for players he wants done.

Its not just us who cant get deals done. No fucker wants to sell unless they get their asking price which is often silly money.

Chelsea have now matched their bid.

people comparing us to other clubs trying to vindicate their point is beyond fucking hilarious. sort of stuff trump supporters pedal.

we have been far and above one of the worst clubs in terms of transfers. to be fair probably long before fsg. but its hardly got better. probably worse to some degree.

• Upvote 1

He'll head to United. Maureen will be more persuasive (albeit a crock of shite) and Lukaku wont fancy the billing of living up to Costa.

Hopefully Chelsea can bump up the price.

Him signing for either for that kind of money doesn't actually worry me.

As long as we get 2 more starters in.

Remains to be seen if we are capable of it, but let them scrap over Lukaku- let is drag on as long as possible   

Can just see Everton bidding £30m for Sturridge after they sell Lukaku.

I think Sturridge wouldn't mind staying in the area and becoming a nailed on starter, and will be motivated to prove Klopp wrong and boost his World Cup chances.

Other clubs have bids rejected then either increase their bids or move onto other targets.

It's really not fucking hard, football is run by spastics, for spastics.

For context, let's not forget the small factor that Klopp has broken even - or better - while Conte and Mourinho have already spent a fortune in a similar timeframe.

He's owed a bit of commitment and decisiveness in this window.

• Upvote 1

For context, let's not forget the small factor that Klopp has broken even - or better - while Conte and Mourinho have already spent a fortune in a similar timeframe.

He's owed a bit of commitment and decisiveness in this window.

Klopp ? He would happily have spent 170 million on his targets by now then told the club who he wanted to sell. Klopp is our best player and deserves no blame for anything. I wouldn't be.surprised if he is more hysterical than the FF right now. I hope he is.

In profit.

Short of the year we sold Suarez we've barely broke even, sorry, correction, i think we may have hit the heady heights of 1 million profit one year.

Edit - 2013-2014 accounts was the first time we'd made a profit in seven years with a mind blowing 900k, 2014/2015 it was 60 million before tax, 2015/2016 19.8 million loss (before Tax).

I wouldn't be.surprised if he is more hysterical than the FF right now. I hope he is.

I think he'd be fucking embarrassed at what he read and wouldn't want any part of it, and I think his comments throughout his career would bear that out.

• Upvote 1

I think he'd be fucking embarrassed at what he read and wouldn't want any part of it, and I think his comments throughout his career would bear that out.

we'll see who lasts longer believing in FSG. you or klopp.

This type of post is so funny. People are just itching for Klopp to quit or at the very least initiate conflict with the owners so their opinions can be vindicated. So weak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I trust in Klopp though at some point you'll realise that I don't care whether it's FSG, DIC or WTF I'll still say things as I see it rather than follow the baying mob and play to the crowd.

I trust in Klopp though at some point you'll realise that I don't care whether it's FSG, DIC or WTF I'll still say things as I see it rather than follow the baying mob and play to the crowd.

Thanks John / Tom / appointed lackey / bizarre contrarian (delete as appropriate).

• Upvote 2

This type of post is so funny. People are just itching for Klopp to quit or at the very least initiate conflict with the owners so their opinions can be vindicated. So weak.

not at all itching for him to quit. you and some of the others on here are like trumpseque tories. putting words in peoples mouths and deflect deflect deflect from reality. #weak

• Upvote 2

It would be right to aspire to a position where a club submits a formal bid for a player and, once given permission to speak to him, then agree terms.

It would be wrong to assume we're an outlier in the way the system currently works with the players interest tested before the clubs.

People hang off every word Paul Joyce says then slag off the club for leaking the information to him yet, in his own words, the majority of the information on Keita, as an example, is coming from abroad. Infact I believe he said very little is cominv from the club at the moment, Van Dijk was obviously different.

We say the club should shut up shop then complain that the absence of information is proof of the absence of work being done.

We criticise the club and say how disgraceful it is that we've tapped up a player and how our best players would be well within their rights to want a move to a less morally dubious club then try to ship them off to Barcelona without a hint of irony.

We judge the efficency of other clubs signings by the day they're signed and ours from the day they're first mooted as a target all while ignoring the endless headlines and assuming we should just put the money on the table like they do.

It's an endless stream of contradictions and willful ignorance to whats going on around us, we don't exist in a bubble, we aren't leaving players in limbo and jeopardising their futures, it isn't the most embarrasing thing to ever happen to a club, we're just going the the messy process of transfers the same as everyone else to varying degrees of success.

Even allowing for typo's or 'facts' you choose to put forward. It's a load of piss, shit, knob and bollocks and regardless of the 'mob' mentality 'spin' you're attempting to offset it with there's a legitimate gripe among the fanbase regarding the tiresome and repeated pattern of shouting from the rooftops who we are going to sign, leaking bullshit from the usual suspects, unsettling the player, upsetting the club they are registered with and then backing out double quick leaving the said player to swing in the wind as soon as their bluff is called.

I think most of us see that as a reoccurring pattern except you. I've asked this of you before without reply, so here it is again: Are you 'Cardie' on the payroll of LFC? Are you this years Jen Chang? (albeit without the shit through the letter-box threats?)

• Upvote 5