You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

You can argue all you want, The first is never a stonewall pen even if its for us in my opinion. Loads might be shouting for that but I wouldnt.

Larsson had a 5 second tug on clyne's shorts in the box in the first 5 or 6 minutes which pulled him back. The ref waved play on.

Sturridge then gets hacked down in the box and again, no pen.

If people are talking stonewall pens then like the ref, they need to be consistent.

The first, Wijnaldum should win the ball and if not foul outside the box. He often makes those kind of challenges where he just tries to nick the ball, fine in other parts of the pitch they get let go (vaugeries of the game) or a free does not hurt us but not there....we all know the foul gets given there - you are just inviting ref to give a pen and for me it is one - just like it would be a free in the middle of park.

The free kick for the second should never have been given, but the wall is clearly inadequate if a right footer can curl it that way and miss all of it. And quite what Mane is thinking is anyone's guess, the free kick would never have gone in but he has been stupid and it is a pen all day.

So fucking frustrating that again we drop points against a team who barely played and are absolute shite.

1st half of the season would be 86 points, which would win the league in about 15 of the last 20, so perspective needed.

Chelsea cannot sustain what they are doing so we just need to stay close enough (5-6 points), before the game at Anfield (and obviously win that, which we will).

The way we play and the lack of squad depth meant today's dropped points was a possibility - Jurgen admitted as much.

• Upvote 1

I think a full back or two is more pressing along with another striker. I know Milner has done brilliantly at LB but if we weren't relying on him to play there he could come into midfield when necessary and do a far better job with his legs tied together than Can any day of the week.

Yes agreed. Pretty happy with him at LB though.

A flat-ish performance.

But 13 out of 15 over the Christmas period would usually be very good. It's only the machine like run of Chelsea that makes it feel a bit shit.

Games like this bother me less than the West Ham home draw or the Bournemouth collapse. We had a reason for being a bit off the boil today.

Doesn't change much, for me. We needed a favour or 3 and to beat Chelsea at Anfield too.

We still need that. Titles aren't won by January. We've got a chance to freshen up a few players now. Maybe bring one or two in. And just get out there and keep on going. That's all we can do.

Guest Pistonbroke

At least we should have back Matip, Henderson and Coutinho for the mancs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It might just even things out with the bent ref the cunts will chose. 

The other top teams just routinely wipe the floor with the shite and try to grab points of the supposed elite. We do it the other way around. Think that could be problematic. And has been. For years. Will we ever learn.

Had some good results against parked the bus sides at home, but away they definitely raise their games. Sunderland were a disgrace the other day, will have been bollocked and where at home so they tried, still shite but they tried. Bournemouth benefitted from awful defending/ keeping. Burnley were battered but took their chances. Never expected us to be where we are in January, let's not mess it up for the want of a few bob.

Old cliche. Match the lesser sides for work rate and the class will shine through in the end.

A flat-ish performance.

But 13 out of 15 over the Christmas period would usually be very good. It's only the machine like run of Chelsea that makes it feel a bit shit.

Games like this bother me less than the West Ham home draw or the Bournemouth collapse. We had a reason for being a bit off the boil today.

Doesn't change much, for me. We needed a favour or 3 and to beat Chelsea at Anfield too.

We still need that. Titles aren't won by January. We've got a chance to freshen up a few players now. Maybe bring one or two in. And just get out there and keep on going. That's all we can do.

We ain't signing anyone

1st half of the season would be 86 points, which would win the league in about 15 of the last 20, so perspective needed.

Chelsea cannot sustain what they are doing so we just need to stay close enough (5-6 points), before the game at Anfield (and obviously win that, which we will).

The way we play and the lack of squad depth meant today's dropped points was a possibility - Jurgen admitted as much.

if klopp is on the squad depth issue then great...he needs to be all over the owners to get a couple in to help us, January is a packed month and we should be on it now

The other top teams just routinely wipe the floor with the shite and try to grab points of the supposed elite. We do it the other way around. Think that could be problematic. And has been. For years. Will we ever learn.

Had some good results against parked the bus sides at home, but away they definitely raise their games. Sunderland were a disgrace the other day, will have been bollocked and where at home so they tried, still shite but they tried. Bournemouth benefitted from awful defending/ keeping. Burnley were battered but took their chances. Never expected us to be where we are in January, let's not mess it up for the want of a few bob.

Old cliche. Match the lesser sides for work rate and the class will shine through in the end.

Moruinho has made a career out of getting 0-0's with his rivals and routinely wiping the floor with the shite to win league.

As you say we have it the other way around and sadly it always leaves us short.

Come on you Hammers

West Ham down to ten for fuck all

fucking hell it just gets worse...

WH down to 10 men, how much fucking help are those manc bastards getting since Moany started crying. Fucking ridiculous decision by Dean, the fucking wanker. 

Mike Dean is a fucking mong. 

*fume*

The fuck is this shit?

Get yer arses over to the "other football" thread.  No need to mention those cunts on a Liverpool match thread (apart from twice a season).

We can lick our wounds, rest and regroup. Theres still loads to fight for. If Spurs beat Chelsea we've gained a point on the leaders and they still have to come to Anfield. If Chelsea win we fight on, but finishing top of the pile would obviously look that much more difficult.

It has been a good festive period for us, but unfortunately we just ran out of steam today. With hindsight it might have been better to make more changes to the line up as they looked dead on their feet and nothing like the Liverpool we've enjoyed watching for most of the season.

New signings are needed in January. FSG will back Klopp if he can identify the right player/s to come. Reading between the lines it looked like we were in for Draxler, given Klopp's obvious disappointment when he went to PSG instead. He would have cost well over £30M so suggestions that FSG won't put their hand in the pocket seem wide of the mark.

I'm sure they would buy Pulisic for Klopp in a heartbeat if Dortmund would sell, and perhaps there will be one or two others we might have more luck with bringing in. I'm sure money is there, but getting the right player is key.

• Upvote 1

If we'd drawn with City and beaten Sunderland it wouldn't seem such a punch in the guts in a strange way.

It's a good haul of point over the Christmas period.

Agree with most that we have to spend now. I felt we needed to anyway, but we won't see Sturridge until April, the lack of clarity on Matip suggests issues, Coutinho and Lallana are both prone to niggles and I'm not sure we are clear on Henderson?

What I do know is, listening to the last 10mins, it would seem we were playing everything through Moreno.....!

That says it all really