You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middlesbrough (A) - 7:45pm, 14/12/16 - The Desolation of Smoggies.

Trumo

As I was born in Boro but supported us for 21 years I can't help but feel I'm somehow to blame for our poor form there. I'm wracking my brains trying to remember a time we've bear them comfortable home or away.

I remember meeting up with my eldest brother (who supports Boro) for the first time in ages to watch a match between the two sides and it was the league cup game that had about 50 penalties.

I also remember that Ravanelli game vividly. I was encouraged to support Boro by most of the family and very nearly did because of Juninho but days before that game I decided I was 100% a Liverpool fan

No, it was that game at Bolton that finished him. There was a bad one at Boro the year before though when he blamed ice on the ball for failing to hold on to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BvHxcwnz0Y

We've had some utterly shit results up there and with a couple of exceptions we seem to always play them in Winter which makes it even more of a miserable place to visit:

08/09 0-2 (One of our only two league defeats all season and Boro got relegated)

07/08 1-1

06/07 0-0

05/06 0-0

04/05 0-2

03/04 0-0

02/03 0-1 (We'd been unbeaten in the league until November when we played them and then went on a run of no wins in 11 after this)

01/02 2-1

00/01 0-1

99/00 0-1

98/99 3-1

97/98 0-2 (League Cup semi when we were 2-1 up from the first leg - they were in Division 1)

96/97 1-2 (League Cup - the David James game where he'd been up all night playing video games beforehand)

96/97 3-3

95/96 1-2

They are awful to watch his season and play incredibly defensively so I'm not expecting things to get much better. Given our record up there they'll probably play for a 0-0 draw and still win!

I bet Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have great records there....

As I was born in Boro but supported us for 21 years I can't help but feel I'm somehow to blame for our poor form there. I'm wracking my brains trying to remember a time we've bear them comfortable home or away.

I remember meeting up with my eldest brother (who supports Boro) for the first time in ages to watch a match between the two sides and it was the league cup game that had about 50 penalties.

I also remember that Ravanelli game vividly. I was encouraged to support Boro by most of the family and very nearly did because of Juninho but days before that game I decided I was 100% a Liverpool fan

We spanked them 5-1 one year, with Fowler scoring 4 of them. I think the first goal was in the first 30 seconds or something because the goal celebration was him and Macca pointing to imaginary watches on their wrists with a 'WTF!' expression on their faces. It might have been the year when they had Ravanelli and Juninho up front and still got relegated.

We spanked them 5-1 one year, with Fowler scoring 4 of them. I think the first goal was in the first 30 seconds or something because the goal celebration was him and Macca pointing to imaginary watches on their wrists with a 'WTF!' expression on their faces. It might have been the year when they had Ravanelli and Juninho up front and still got relegated.

Sure that wasn't against villa?

20 years ago on Friday, that was.  Remember being at my uncle's 50th and trying to watch MOTD through the festivities.  He's just turned 70, where does it go eh?

If someone offered me 4 points off the next two games,i'd do cartwheels over the floor. Stoke and City then. If we are within touching distance (7-8 points) of Chelsea by the end of the month,it would be great.

Great? It'd be utopia considering how formidable our opponents are in them next two games.

Last time I was at this fixture was the 0-0 in Houllier's last season, I'm sure the temperature was about -2 and it was one of the worst games of professional Football I've ever seen.

I'm going tomorrow night.

That was the day England won the Rugby World Cup.

He's be a good for back-up for Mane I reckon. He destroyed Arsenal when I watched him last.

Very little chance of Adama ever becoming a Klopp player. Very good dribbler but does no running whatsoever when he doesn't have the ball at his feet. Must be one of the laziest players in the league. Sturridge is Mo Farah next to him.

But, yep, he'll probably destroy us tonight.