You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm sure it was a mistake and they will issue an unreserved apology just like Kensington did when they accidentally allowed shysters to clad a block of flats in flammable cladding, 

Today's news snippets:

- knife and gun crime up

- rough sleeping has risen for the seventh consecutive year, to the highest ever level on record

- 7 out of 10 workers don't live comfortably/are "chronically broke"

- NHS hospitals are facing serious shortages of vital equipment

- Britain stands accused of failing its "basic moral duty" to modern slavery victims

- UK sickness pay and benefits are found to be "manifestly inadequate" and to breach international legal obligations.

It's clear that something isn't working for a lot of people with the current way of government.

We need a change.

• Upvote 2

Today's news snippets:

- knife and gun crime up

- rough sleeping has risen for the seventh consecutive year, to the highest ever level on record

- Britain stands accused of failing its "basic moral duty" to modern slavery victims

- UK sickness pay and benefits are found to be "manifestly inadequate" and to breach international legal obligations.

It's clear that something isn't working for a lot of people with the current way of government.

We need a change.

The sick and the homeless don't tend to cast votes. Could be co-incidence mind

Today's news snippets:

- knife and gun crime up

We need a change.

Seems like we need a bit more austerity. 

Radio News - government are concerned at the rise in violent crime and sexual crimes.

If you're concerned about rises in sex crimes, stop your MPs and doners attending charity events at the Dorchester....

I'm here all week.

Mate from what you see do you reckon crime is going up? I'm always cynical that the police just report more honestly when their budgets get cut, just like the military start going on about Russia when someone threatens to scrap a destroyer.
  • Upvote 1

Mate from what you see do you reckon crime is going up? I'm always cynical that the police just report more honestly when their budgets get cut, just like the military start going on about Russia when someone threatens to scrap a destroyer.

I genuinely don't know as I don't know how they are gathering their figures. I can tell you that people are now 'released pending further investigation' (to avoid the newish police bail rules) for absolutely ages, and there are far less people being charged than used to be the case.

Some days the Liverpool City Mags case list is down to a single page, even with Knowsley and St Helens courts having been consolidated into Liverpool.

The one court that always seems to be busy is the domestic violence court. It has its own designated duty solicitor and on Mondays there are two DV courts and two DV duty solicitors to handle the weekend's business.

Less charging doesn't necessarily mean less crime. It could be that detection rates are down, less police to investigate and a greater backlog of cases, or that there are more disposals other than charge (cautions, or diversion for youths, etc).

It looks like the tipping point is here between the Tories who can see that we need the least damaging version of Brexit possible and the Tory Brexit extremists who want to turn us into a ultra low tax/no regulation European version of Singapore. I think a leadership challenge is on the horizon and this was why Johnson was on maneuvers this week with his carefully leaked views on more money for the NHS.

It looks like the tipping point is here between the Tories who can see that we need the least damaging version of Brexit possible and the Tory Brexit extremists who want to turn us into a ultra low tax/no regulation European version of Singapore. I think a leadership challenge is on the horizon and this was why Johnson was on maneuvers this week with his carefully leaked views on more money for the NHS.

Fucking bizarre and embarrassing episode that, to leak that your going to be Billy Big Baws before a cabinet meeting, in a 'look at me I'm a man of the people', then to have the drip of a chancellor come out and state how much money the are giving to the health service (though paltry with what is required).

Nothing about Capita on here today? Looks like another Carillion in the making. Shares down 40% and need to raise £700m in the next year or so.

Another nail in the outsourcing coffin.

Wonder who'll bail them out. 

That pesky state eh, everyone sat there scratching their balls and staring out the window, what we need is some private sector dynamism. 

This ' I am not a quitter ' left me speechless. 

That is very reassuring if the subject in question is generally appreciated & has a clear plan to sort the difficult situations out , but when delivered by a pm who lurches from one crisis to another & whose biggest supporters are probably not even much beyond meh on her reign it seems quite delusional. She doesn't seem to have any political vision she is aiming at & basically appears to just want to be pm.

• Upvote 1

This ' I am not a quitter ' left me speechless. 

That is very reassuring if the subject in question is generally appreciated & has a clear plan to sort the difficult situations out , but when delivered by a pm who lurches from one crisis to another & whose biggest supporters are probably not even much beyond meh on her reign it seems quite delusional. She doesn't seem to have any political vision she is aiming at & basically appears to just want to be pm.

I am sure she probably does know what she wants in terms of Brexit, a leave in name only solution. The headbangers wont allow that and the positions are irreconcilable. She will probably wave the white flag soon and the handful of Tory members will elect Mogg or Johnson. I think that will end in utter chaos and an election will follow, Effectively a second referendum on Brexit whether Corbyn acknowledges it it or not. 

• Upvote 1

She didn't want to leave the EU in the first place. The hard line stance on leaving only started once she was PM in a desperate attempt to try and stay there.

It's not like we're talking about someone who actually has principles and beliefs, sold out as soon as she thought she had a sniff of getting some power.

She didn't want to leave the EU in the first place. The hard line stance on leaving only started once she was PM in a desperate attempt to try and stay there.

It's not like we're talking about someone who actually has principles and beliefs, sold out as soon as she thought she had a sniff of getting some power.

Yes but she's the new Thatcher etc