You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

True, I'd forgotten about the friendly rule. I remember Costa playing friendlies for Brazil before he committed to Spain.

FIFA are still horrible bent cunts though.

No argument with this, no sir.

Guest Pistonbroke

I wouldn't mind us having a pop for that Naby Keita lad from Leipzig. Only 21 and a very good CM, would give us more solidity in MF than playing Wijnaldum or Can in there and he also has an eye for goal. Reckon we could get him for 9-11 million. That Emil Forsberg who also plays for Leipzig would be a cheap and good option for a winger. They play him predominantly on the left wing but he can play on the right wing and is right footed. He also chips in with quite a few goals. Reckon we could get him even cheaper than Keita, bit of a risk though as he has only come good the last 12-16 Months and is playing in a very good all round team with a strong midfield. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Because he said himself "I want ti improve myself first at a smaller club." If he carries on his form throughout the season then he'll find it hard to turn down a new offer from a bigger club. Unfortunately he would probably cost double his present worth. He's an excellent little player, hope Klopp keeps asking. 

Pretty proud to have posted about him (Keita) as a potential target last April, saw an article about how good his stats were and then watched him play and was blown away.

He'd be absolutely ideal for us and I'm not surprised at all that we went for him.  He actually made a pretty smart choice to go to Leipzig, he's going to move next summer for huge money to a big club and he'll pretty much have his pick.  Like a 21-year old version of Ngolo Kante, but with more vision for a pass.

No chance this January with Leipzig in with a shout of a Bundesliga title and then even in the summer we'll be competing with much bigger clubs but he'd be absolutely perfect.  If we want to upgrade on Henderson (which is a pretty high bar, as good as he's been this season) then he would be my pick.  Versatile, absolute monster at covering ground, strong, not super-pacy but not slow, and with great vision.  Total package.

• Upvote 2