You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

No, not 'probably'. Not at all anything you were blabbing on about.

No, not 'blabbing', either then.

Well, maybe you should start?

Start what? You said this thread feels like children playing chess, well it looks like psychos are playing chess too. The difference is that we're talking in a thread, but the fucking govcorp psychos are out there destroying millions of lives as they play the great game or whatever other scheme they see it as now. What makes them so much better? Being experienced in not giving a fuck about most of us?

What do you want me to start? Do you want me to explain the link between psychopaths and 7 destroyed and/or bombed countries or something? Because you've got to be fucking joking if so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No, not 'blabbing', either then.

Start what? You said this thread feels like children playing chess, well it looks like psychos are playing chess too. The difference is that we're talking in a thread, but the fucking govcorp psychos are out there destroying millions of lives as they play the great game or whatever other scheme they see it as now. What makes them so much better? Being experienced in not giving a fuck about most of us?

What do you want me to start? Do you want me to explain the link between psychopaths and 7 destroyed and/or bombed countries or something? Because you've got to be fucking joking if so.

You're not the most perceptive fellow, are you. Read my comment in relation to yours.

A comment from the Intercept article linked a few posts back up :

Einstein’s definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results” – that is how I see voting for either Democrats or Republicans with all of their promises for “change” that never really come true meanwhile bankers can nearly bring down the world economy and never spend a single night in jail. Add in the constant warmongering to invade this nation or that nation for whatever reasons – red scares, right to protect, terrorism etc. and it is clear that there is not really so much of a difference between these parties who put geopolitical and economic interests above people.

I truly do hope that Bernie supporters do not get pulled into the lesser of two evils argument but instead vote for whom really shares their values because I really don’t see a lesser evil in this election especially. I think Hillary Clinton is a criminal (Libya, Honduras, e-mails – Teflon Don) and Donald Trump is at the very least a bigot (if not outright racist). Vote your conscience not for a lesser evil because it does not exist.

The dem convention hashtag isn't trending if any of you need proof of twitter manipulation of trends. It's no conspiracy, just a sad fact at this stage. Something being used this much would definitely trend compared to some of the other apparent trends with nowhere near as much activity : https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23DemsInPhilly&src=typd

Maybe they don't want as much of the world to see so many Bernie supporters cause a scene later. It's not even trending in America, nevermind worldwide, which is just completely wrong.

edit : it might "reappear" at some stage if they allow it, it hasn't been trending for a good while though.

Ah and the roll call vote is expected to start soon. A link if anyone wants one (not streaming yet though) : https://www.c-span.org/video/?412846-1/democratic-national-convention-live-430-pm-et-cspan

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah I read your comment, still not sure. So can you explain please? Or are you just going to carry on being condescending?

If you can't read the last few words of your post and tally them with my response, I don't see a way in which I can't be condescending! You're certainly not setting the bar very high.

If you can't read the last few words of your post and tally them with my response, I don't see a way in which I can't be condescending! You're certainly not setting the bar very high.

Ah, cheers. So you split off the end of the sentence, ignored the rest, then wondered how I found it hard to work out what you meant? Not even sure what to say really.

The last link to the roll call I posted was hammering my laptop, incase anyone has similar problems :

Had been really looking forward to this, and wanting to see how Jill Stein and the Green Party started getting more attention and support once Bernie's campaign was over. But watching that roll call tonight and thinking of what Bernie has achieved to create something so amazing, well I just feel really bad for him and feel like shit now.

Here's to his supporters moving on and making some serious changes in America for the better in the future.

I've decided to stop watching any coverage of the US election.  Instead each time I get the urge I'm just going to read Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail and get drunk.

A wise choice,  I am doing my best to avoid too much news full stop, 

Rant levels have been red-lining since Brexit