You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Dahoud is the eptiome of untested. 27 starts and only one season under his belt.

Surprised at the hipster devotion to him on here.

If fsg use the same risk reward that they have applied to previous transfers it almost guarantees we won't be buying him in the short-term.

In view of a 40 million price being mentioned for a player of his lack of experience.

The 6 year stretch between 1967-1973 is the least successful spell we've had since FSG took over.

It's worth mentioning, the 2 years prior, and the 2 years after, where when Shankly won an immense amount of silverware.

I think when one views the context of a promoted team winning multiple trophies, having a barren spell, then winning yet more trophies; this is as bad a period as anybody on here has seen the club endure.

To quote forum hero Purslow, FSG were "bottom of the barrel" owners. We need to become a vanity / reputation - laundering project, and fast. There are too many investors in FSG. Sole owners are best.

Most people judge fsg on being here for six years.

In that time it has always been someonelses fault for the lack of success on the pitch.

H&G, Hodgson, Benitez, Commolli, Kenny, Rodgers,. The committee, ayre ffp, the difficult selling clubs and many others.

The latest one is hilarious; there are no better players available and if it is Klopp doesn't want them.

If you can't see why people are looking at the owners you really aren't open-minded.

As for being supportive of Klopp there is a middle ground between all out hero worship and flying banners over the ground.

Not really, he's Jurgen Klopp and he's been here less than a fucking season. I'm still in the hero worship camp, whereas you seem to know better than him, and that's great mate, very impressive.

Dahoud is the eptiome of untested. 27 starts and only one season under his belt.

Surprised at the hipster devotion to him on here.

If fsg use the same risk reward that they have applied to previous transfers it almost guarantees we won't be buying him in the short-term.

In view of a 40 million price being mentioned for a player of his lack of experience.

For the exact reason that players like Martial and Sane are craved by fans of every club and are worth their huge transfer fees. He's a great talent who has the ability to become one of the best players in the world in his position and who has already put up great performances in the Champions League against top class opposition at a young age. 

He's also the exact profile of midfielder we need and has the ability on the ball to be the "controller" that everyone wants us to get.

He's also the exact profile of midfielder we need and has the ability on the ball to be the "controller" that everyone wants us to get.

Given the number of names mentioned on here and there differing styles I wouldn't say there was a concensus on who everyone wanted other than a non-descript 'midfielder'.

The owners are shit and quite frankly i'm fed up with the "we wouldn't have a club if not for them" excuse. Someone else would've bought us in the end. They've made fuck up after fuck up since they've arrived and they need to be held accountable for it.

This is the exact team of people that thought selling Suarez for £63m and replacing him with Mario Balotelli and Ricky Lambert was a good idea. You could get the average Liverpool fan off the street to conduct our transfers over the last 6 years and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone deliver a worse return than FSG and the fabled transfer committee. 

Out of all the players they've bought there's only been three resounding successes in those 5 years before Klopp. One is a prema crock, one was signed by Commoli, so the transfer committees only real success is Coutinho. 

Failure colomn -Aspas, Alberto, Illori, Benteke, Balotelli, Borini, Adam, Downing, Enrique, Markovic, Coates, Doni, Teixera, Assaidi, Yesil, Mignolet, Moreno, Moses, Cissohko, Manquillo, Lovren, Bogdan etc

If we win anything this season it'll be in spite of FSG, not because of them.

• Upvote 16

This is the exact team of people that thought selling Suarez for £63m and replacing him with Mario Balotelli and Ricky Lambert was a good idea. You could get the average Liverpool fan off the street to conduct our transfers over the last 6 years and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone deliver a worse return than FSG and the fabled transfer committee. 

I always laugh when people say 

"So you think you know better than the Manager, Owners, Coaches, Players, Ex-Players etc..." 

In the case of probably 60% of our transfers over the past few years I think a fucking mentally deficient badger would know better. 

• Upvote 1

For the exact reason that players like Martial and Sane are craved by fans of every club and are worth their huge transfer fees. He's a great talent who has the ability to become one of the best players in the world in his position and who has already put up great performances in the Champions League against top class opposition at a young age.

I have no dog in this race regarding Dahoud. Never seen him play but you would think he had been ripping it up for a few years in Germany the way people go on. He's had 27 starts and one full season of competitive football.

My comments were not about his alledged "ability to become one of the best players in the world"; but his lack of experience and fsg risk reward approach when buying.

Fsg have no track record of buying the best young players in the world in football because they won't pay the premium that comes with transfers. At a push you could say Coutinho but he had much more experience and Inter were a mess. So to fsg he was value. Unless he has a low buyout can you really see fsg paying a premium?

They have a very conservative approach to transfers. With youngish players who have played x amount of games. In other words take a small punt. However if it goes over see Dele Alli, Chillwell and Zielenski walk away. I'd also add very few players in England over the past decade dominate central midfield at his age and size.

I have no dog in this race regarding Dahoud. Never seen him play but you would think he had been ripping it up for a few years in Germany the way people go on. He's had 27 starts and one full season of competitive football.

My comments were not about his alledged "ability to become one of the best players in the world"; but his lack of experience and fsg risk reward approach when buying.

Fsg have no track record of buying the best young players in the world in football because they won't pay the premium that comes with transfers. At a push you could say Coutinho but he had much more experience and Inter were a mess. So to fsg he was value. Unless he has a low buyout can you really see fsg paying a premium?

They have a very conservative approach to transfers. With youngish players who have played x amount of games. In other words take a small punt. However if it goes over see Dele Alli, Chillwell and Zielenski walk away. I'd also add very few players in England over the past decade dominate central midfield at his age and size.

I've only seen him play a handful of times and I don't often agree with 3 Stacks on football matters, but Dahoud is a very good player. I mean it's not like we could buy Kroos or Verratti, is it? In terms of young midfield talent, Dahoud is probably one of the most promising at the moment. A bit like Xabi was when we bought him.

To a certain extent, I understand the fume regarding our business this summer because people don't think we have improved in the areas that they thought we needed to improve and they're vexed by our net spend. I get that.

Really though, if you asked Klopp why he thinks we had a successful window, he'd probably say we improved four position in the starting 11: centre back (Matip), keeper (Karius), midfield (Wijnaldum) and attack (Mane). These are all talented players with clear qualities and pedigree. Matip has been one of the best centre halves in Germany in the last few years and he has a lot of Champions League experience. Mane is a proven goal scorer from the wing and has dangerous pace and skill. Karius was voted the second best keeper in Germany by his peers. Wijnaldum is a former captain of PSV who has played at a high level in two different positions (as part of a midfield three and as an attacking midfielder).

Similarly, if you were to ask Mourinho why he thinks he had a good window, he'd probably tell you exactly the same and that they've improved the starting eleven in four positions.(Bailly at centre back, Pogba in midfield, Mkhitaryan on the wing and Zlatan at striker) Now there is a discrepancy in quality there, but it's the same thing. Both clubs improved more than 1/3 of their starting eleven's.

So I just think things need to be kept in perspective a little bit. Just like most, I would have probably done things a bit differently in terms of which positions we strengthen, but overall we've improved and gotten rid of almost all our deadwood, so it's been a good window, I think.

• Upvote 1

The owners are shit and quite frankly i'm fed up with the "we wouldn't have a club if not for them" excuse. Someone else would've bought us in the end. They've made fuck up after fuck up since they've arrived and they need to be held accountable for it.

Out of all the players they've bought there's only been three resounding successes in those 5 years before Klopp. One is a prema crock, one was signed by Commoli, so the transfer committees only real success is Coutinho. 

Failure colomn -Aspas, Alberto, Illori, Benteke, Balotelli, Borini, Adam, Downing, Enrique, Markovic, Coates, Doni, Teixera, Assaidi, Yesil, Mignolet, Moreno, Moses, Cissohko, Manquillo, Lovren, Bogdan etc

If we win anything this season it'll be in spite of FSG, not because of them.

I agree with you very strongly.

However, until the day I die, I cannot give Commolli credit for anything. He's responsible and proudly boasted about his part in two of the worst ever transfers in football history.

Then the cheeky cunt had the balls to sue the club, for unfair dismissal.

I think it's been 4 years now, and I have absolutely no idea how he managed to win.

I agree with you very strongly.

However, until the day I die, I cannot give Commolli credit for anything. He's responsible and proudly boasted about his part in two of the worst ever transfers in football history.

Then the cheeky cunt had the balls to sue the club, for unfair dismissal.

I think it's been 4 years now, and I have absolutely no idea how he managed to win.

If anything it made me like him even more.

• Upvote 1

If you think a 30 year old right sided midfielder operating at left back makes us a better defensive unit, I don't think there's much merit in my arguing over anything with you.

If you think that having Moreno there makes us a better defensive unit, there's probably not much point in arguing with you either.