You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I'm waiting for a couple more defeats before I start referring to him as 'Jurgen 'Plopp' in every post I make. To be honest, it's all that's keeping me going at the moment.

Surely Jurgen Flopp would work much better?

I'd advocate that or Norblert if you want to mix it up occasionally. 

How long before the heat is turned up on Henry & Co? To be in profit during the most lucrative transfer window in history still with major gaps in our first team is pure negligence. They are taking the piss, consolidating our position as an above mid table team and seem to be getting a free ride.

• Upvote 5

There has to be a mid point between a 25 or 30 million pound left back and someone who is utter shite?

You can strengthen short term and then still improve even more later.

Surely that's better than just having a right midfielder as first choice left back for instance.

I'm talking you buy a player as first choice who might not happen to be the one you want because the one you want isn't available. Then if the one you want does become available and you have the money for them you sign them later and the old first choice becomes second choice.

You know like the way clubs who want to compete do it?

You mean the way the club has been criticised for doing in the past.
  • Downvote 2

How long before the heat is turned up on Henry & Co? To be in profit during the most lucrative transfer window in history still with major gaps in our first team is pure negligence. They are taking the piss, consolidating our position as an above mid table team and seem to be getting a free ride.

What about the new Main Stand, you ungrateful cunt?

How long before the heat is turned up on Henry & Co? To be in profit during the most lucrative transfer window in history still with major gaps in our first team is pure negligence. They are taking the piss, consolidating our position as an above mid table team and seem to be getting a free ride.

Nonsense.
  • Downvote 1

There has to be a mid point between a 25 or 30 million pound left back and someone who is utter shite?

Perhaps Klopp sees this midpoint as James Milner. Solid citizen, great pro, gives his all, takes responsibility, etc.

Ok, he's not a left back by trade, but perhaps the situation is that Klopp thinks he can get a series of 7/10 performances out of Milner. It's not the ultimate solution, but maybe it will stop the bleeding while we assess other things.

Those 'other things' might be waiting until his preferred left back is identified and/or signed, and along the way he works with Moreno on his game, as he has said numerous times that he wants to work with players and improve them.

I'm happy to trust Klopp on this. He has more than earned the right to play it as he sees fit, even if we do look short at left back, as everyone keeps saying.

They have until the fanbase turns on Klopp, then they're shit out of luck because they can't find another manager who is as high profile and loves developing players and is happy to publicly say he doesn't want to spend money.

For the moment they can hide behind Klopp.

Eddie Howe will probably be our next manager.

They have until the fanbase turns on Klopp, then they're shit out of luck because they can't find another manager who is as high profile and loves developing players and is happy to publicly say he doesn't want to spend money.

If the fans turn on Klopp because of funds being withheld by the owners then we are a bit fucking thick.

• Upvote 3

I get what you're saying, but I'm hoping things go well for Klopp here, and we don't have to go after the next up and coming manager.

I think Klopp will do well with us.

Then you buy players as second choice and suddenly everyone's moaning that the squad is full of shite. Like Rodgers did. Then someone like has to come along and carry out a cull to get rid of the accumulated dross, like Klopp.

You have a Plan B.

If you can't get Alexis Sanchez, you have another suitable player in mind, so you don't end up being panicked into buying a shirtful of shite.

• Upvote 1