You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I just don't understand why he has given the Tories a free ride on Brexit. The most serious issue to affect Britain since the war

He rightly lays into them over the NHS but we are spunking billions on Brexit. Our share of the budget tab alone is going to be 60 billion euros.

It's bonkers that we have no opposition standing up to this

I suspect he's anti EU but can't say it. The anti EU mob back in the day were all lefties.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Kippers are Tories who actually have the bottle to say they are racists and,allegedly paedos,rather than trying to hide the fact.

Is this Naz character the chap then?

I reckon so, lots of similarities, the main one being that he is a grade A bell end. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Cheap words coming from a dick stain like you.

Treat cheap with cheap I say Chap, lovely irony as always, although you definitely aren't as clever as you seem to think you are. See you in about 4 months when you get your next day release. 

I suspect he's anti EU but can't say it. The anti EU mob back in the day were all lefties.

If true then he misrepresented himself and the party at the referendum

He has misrepresented the party over his promises to push for amendments to the bill

Finally he has failed to to adequately represent the views of the majority of Labour voters and sought to prevent others in the PLP from doing so,

Frankly I'm shocked that he would do that . He has prided himself on integrity and the only other reason , which has been bandied about,  he would do this is that he is running scared from Tory threats to engineer an election if Labour frustrates Brexit,  I don't buy that so the only explanation is he is as you say, anti EU,  I couldn't vote for him knowing that 

Treat cheap with cheap I say Chap, lovely irony as always, although you definitely aren't as clever as you seem to think you are. See you in about 4 months when you get your next day release. 

Glad you agree with what I said then - excellent. Haters always gon hate.

He has misrepresented the party over his promises to push for amendments to the bill

Finally he has failed to to adequately represent the views of the majority of Labour voters and sought to prevent others in the PLP from doing so,

Frankly I'm shocked that he would do that . He has prided himself on integrity and the only other reason , which has been bandied about,  he would do this is that he is running scared from Tory threats to engineer an election if Labour frustrates Brexit,  I don't buy that so the only explanation is he is as you say, anti EU,  I couldn't vote for him knowing that 

Not many will vote for him which is why he needs to go. His latest tweet is another embarrassment.

I'm not sure "knowing" is the correct word.

He campaigned hard - and honestly - for Remain.   But he didn't have a posh accent, comedy hair or a big fuck-off lie-bus, so the media ignored him.

I'm not sure "knowing" is the correct word.

He campaigned hard - and honestly - for Remain.   But he didn't have a posh accent, comedy hair or a big fuck-off lie-bus, so the media ignored him.

In the aftermath he has done virtually nothing to mitigate the consequences.

He has fallen in line with the will of the people bullshit May came up with,

If he was "honestly " in the remain camp then why has he just abandoned the arguments . They are no less valid because that fat fuck Johnson and toady Gove ponced about for a month or two in a fuck off bus spreading lies,

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/829436790763315207

Judging by the replies, even his stronger fans are turning against him.

His stronger fans?  What are you basing that on?

Fuck all wrong with that tweet.  There was no way on God's clean Earth that Labour could - or should - have voted to block Article 50.  To do that would be to refuse to even talk about the thing that 52% of the population voted for.  For all the flaws in the Referendum campaign, it would still be too undemocratic to refuse to even discuss terms of leaving the EU.

And he's dead right.  What has happened since 23rd June has been a "phoney war".  Shit gets real now.

In the aftermath he has done virtually nothing to mitigate the consequences.

He has fallen in line with the will of the people bullshit May came up with,

If he was "honestly " in the remain camp then why has he just abandoned the arguments . They are no less valid because that fat fuck Johnson and toady Gove ponced about for a month or two in a fuck off bus spreading lies,

He hasn't abandoned anything.  The proposed amendments were all about the fact that the UK gains a lot from membership of the Single Market and these things need to be protected.

May is trying to pretend that it's the will of the people to give extreme right-wingers complete control over the whole economy.  Corbyn has resisted that all along.

His stronger fans? What are you basing that on?

Fuck all wrong with that tweet. There was no way on God's clean Earth that Labour could - or should - have voted to block Article 50. To do that would be to refuse to even talk about the thing that 52% of the population voted for. For all the flaws in the Referendum campaign, it would still be too undemocratic to refuse to even discuss terms of leaving the EU.

And he's dead right. What has happened since 23rd June has been a "phoney war". Shit gets real now.

Individuals who claimed to have voted for him are now switching against him.

Nah I disagree, what's he going to do now? What was the point of the amendments if he was going to let them carry on regardless. The man is weak. Look, eventually it will dawn on even him that he's a waste and he'll either resign or be beaten in a leadership contest. All this debating on here is just foreplay before the inevitable.

He hasn't abandoned anything.  The proposed amendments were all about the fact that the UK gains a lot from membership of the Single Market and these things need to be protected.

May is trying to pretend that it's the will of the people to give extreme right-wingers complete control over the whole economy.  Corbyn has resisted that all along.

May derives all her authority from Brexit, She is toast the second it veers off the rails.

I wouldn't credit her with any machiavellian plan to hand over the economy to the hawks on the right. She's just a politician swimming with the tide, She was in the remain camp, just, after a lackluster career had peaked at the Home Office where she had failed to keep the lid on immigration,, Had remain won she would have been history once Osbourne took over, She was a gift to the Brexiteers who crowned her PM without even a vote from the membership,

As for JC then I feel abandoned by his approach to the government over Brexit. I don't see a clever tactical plan on his part just an embarrassing acquiescence . I agree with you that the real shit starts to fly now. 

Corbyn always get hammered regardless,just as any Labour leader who doesn't make a deal with media barons will.

No he usually has a big following on social media. Individuals can post what they want, it's not like tv or newspapers. That's usually where he is strongest. Not anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1