You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I think he can win as do many others.

Lately I must admit my faith is wavering a little in him but then you look at the other parties on offer.

I'd sooner skip all this shit and be able to just vote directly on the law as I see got but I've not found a single person who agreed.

Seems everyone would rather sit below quite the worst bunch of waxdroids Ive ever clapped my eyes upon. They're a bloody shambles.

I don't think Corbyn can win now.  I did believe as we moved through the Brexit process and the economy turns sour there would be opportunity but quite honestly now I cant see a realistic scenario where he would be elected , He hasn't engaged in much of the post referendum debate and even a massive debacle would see the Tories blaming remainers and the Europeans.  

I don't discount it judging by recent surprise results,Brexit and Trump,but I would love to see somebody like him but younger step up. I wont accept another watered down Tory leader of the Labour Party ever again.

So would you rather a Tory leader or a watered down Tory leader as PM?

Do those in favour of Corbyn in this thread genuinely believe he will win the next election?

The more pertinent question is "Who in the Labour Party would have a better chance of winning? "

All we've seen from the "anyone but Corbyn" crowd is less-electable versions of the people and policies that lost the last two General Elections.

(Speaking of the ABCs, there's an irony to the Dog's claim that it's Corbyn supporters who don't care about winning.)

The more pertinent question is "Who in the Labour Party would have a better chance of winning? "

All we've seen from the "anyone but Corbyn" crowd is less-electable versions of the people and policies that lost the last two General Elections.

(Speaking of the ABCs, there's an irony to the Dog's claim that it's Corbyn supporters who don't care about winning.)

There must be someone Shirley.

Do those in favour of Corbyn in this thread genuinely believe he will win the next election?

I think they believe that winning is nowhere near as important as "standing for" certain things.

Don't you have to be wrong a first time to be wrong again?

Anyway, I can find you the posts on here that show people saying just that, if you really insist, although it could take a while.

Go on, then.  Knock yourself out.  But before you go searching, bear in mind that what you posted implies that all Corbyn supporters on here - not the one or two of them you may be able to quote or misrepresent - believe that shit. 

Good luck finding the posts to back that up.

Preferable,only just but we deserve and want far more. Why is the modern choice simply to be shit on with chronic diarrhoea or vomited all over regularly? Those aren't choices,they are subservience.

What specific policy would be your priority in an ideal world today?

Its not that simple though is it? I can tell you one that is near the bottom of my list though,Immigration.

So you don't have a set of policies you want a Tory opposition to implement? So what do you stand for then except for being "anti Tory"?

So you don't have a set of policies you want a Tory opposition to implement? So what do you stand for then except for being "anti Tory"?

To be fair that's like saying you need to have an alternative economic plan to disapprove of the current Tory economic plan or else you should just shut up. 

It's not about being 'anti Tory' out of tribalism, it's about not believing in the ideology that underpins what they think and do. The very, very simplistic difference between Labour and Tory is that one believes you achieve more together, and the other believes you achieve more alone. It's easy to decide which of those mantras you believe in most without having to develop your own complex blueprint of what such a society would look like. 

• Upvote 1