You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wimbledon 2016

Bjornebye

He gets Lendl back and starts winning titles again. Not to sound like some fashion quim but is Murray's missus holding a massive handbag or is that a bassinet?

He needs to do everything he can to hold onto Lendl. Delighted for him. Different class all tournament

I lumped on 3-0 when he was 4-3 up in the last set at 2/5. Bonus £40 to put on the final in the unmentionable tonight.

Not a massive tennis fan, but Murray was superb. Some of the shots he played were top notch. Looks to have improved his ability to play under pressure.

As for him being miserable, he's just a fairly reserved person. Nothing wrong with that.

Sad that this forum has been infiltrated with turbomongs recently.

Agree with all that. A lot isn't made of what a physical specimen he's made himself into over the years too. Much like Ronaldo and Bale transformed from slight teenager to complete athlete.

Yes mate, exactly.

Must be so easy as a sportsman to direct blame elsewhere in your own mind when you lose, especially when the competition is as ludicrously tough as his has been, but he's never had a bar of that.

Superb stuff, earned all of it the hard way.

He's the polar opposite of what most people slate about footballers and the never-ending army of vacuous, look at me cunts, both in terms of well known figures and social media posers/drama queens.

To have achieved what he has and remain so normal, down-to-earth and lacking in any boastful arrogance speaks volumes for him.

Maybe it would be preferable for some if he wore Union Jack shorts, garish clothes and had a wacky haircut, spending his life giving it bantz, but personally I find him working hard on his career while not giving the slightest fuck about cultivating a persona or desperately seeking attention more impressive, not less.

• Upvote 6

I dont think he's miserable, he just isn't pretending to be somebody he's not. I'd rather have Murray's deadpan delivery than a constantly laughing, annoying Kriss Akabusi type,

Didn't realise Akabusi played tennis

• Upvote 2

He's the polar opposite of what most people slate about footballers and the never-ending army of vacuous, look at me cunts, both in terms of well known figures and social media posers and drama queens.

To have achieved what he has and remain so normal, down-to-earth and lacking in any boastful arrogance speaks volumes for him.

Maybe it would be preferable for some if he wore Union Jack shorts, garish clothes and had a wacky haircut, spending his life giving it bantz, but personally I find him working hard on his career while not giving the slightest fuck about cultivating a persona or desperately seeking attention more impressive, not less.

Absolutely this. And also the dedication to make himself the best he can be.