You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What British TV show would you like brought back?

Bjornebye

Spitting Image. Essential viewing on a Sunday night. They tried to re do something similar with whatever that fucking abomination was in the run up to the General Election (or as I like to call it, The Tory Bastard Rising).

I would've loved to have seen the rumoured return of Bottom as well but sadly that won't ever happen now as neither would the New Statesman.

Crystal Maze is a good shout but it would have to be Richard O'Brien presenting it.

Eurotrash was superb too. The voice over on some of the interviews were hilarious.

Gamesmaster. Used to be great watching spotty little herberts have their arses handed to them when they thought they were shit hot at games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2. The cheats section was a godsend too.

Knightmare. Brilliant show with a simple format.

• Upvote 1

Spitting Image. Essential viewing on a Sunday night. They tried to re do something similar with whatever that fucking abomination was in the run up to the General Election (or as I like to call it, The Tory Bastard Rising).

I would've loved to have seen the rumoured return of Bottom as well but sadly that won't ever happen now as neither would the New Statesman.

Crystal Maze is a good shout but it would have to be Richard O'Brien presenting it.

Eurotrash was superb too. The voice over on some of the interviews were hilarious.

Gamesmaster. Used to be great watching spotty little herberts have their arses handed to them when they thought they were shit hot at games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2. The cheats section was a godsend too.

Knightmare. Brilliant show with a simple format.

Eurotrash used to have Kate Robbins doing some of the voiceovers when they were doing their(normally naked) shenanigans.

The Magic Rabbits.

Whenever someone on Brookside was watching the telly that was on.

Edit - just looked it up and the Brookside producers invented it so the characters had something on their telly. Those cunts must've had some decent acid.

*goes off to look for a clip online

Whenever someone on Brookside was watching the telly that was on.

Edit - just looked it up and the Brookside producers invented it so the characters had something on their telly. Those cunts must've had some decent acid.

*goes off to look for a clip online

Yeah, it' was a kids show but all the adults seemed to love it.

Space 1999?  British?  You live and you learn!

You'll be a fan of The Tomorrow People, too, I presume.

It was a great show, I remember being terrified watching the episode 'Dragon's Domain' 

I enjoyed the Tomorrow People, they brought that back the other year and it was shit, as would most attempts these days be.

I loved the Ghosts of Motley Hall, I'd totally forgotten about that. I didn't like rentaghost at all, just thought it was weird. 

I often thought I'd like to see Randall and Hopkirk brought back, then Vic and Bob murdered it in 2001. The irony of it all being that Kenneth Cope (Marty) is alive and well 46 years later and Mike Pratt (Jeff) has been pushing up daisies for forty years. Watching the old series you are hit by the lack of parked cars and traffic in general. I know they probably filmed early to avoid traffic but if Marty could get killed by a mini on those empty roads he wouldn't last a minute on todays. 

TV shows today have to compete in a world where kids have so much else to occupy their minds, hundreds of channels to watch, the internet, consoles, social media. We had lego and three tv channels that didn't broadcast of a night and only partly of a daytime. If it rained, they had us. 

They also have to PC everything, for fear of upsetting someone out there, yes I understand some of it but it makes for boring TV. 

I'd like to see all the people who appeared doing gross and stupid stuff because they'd do anything to be on TV.

20 years on, I'd like to see how their lives worked out. I hope they're all desperately unhappy.

Agreed, fucking Terry Christian.

Space 1999, of course it wouldn't be as good as the first, in fact scrap that they'd 'pc' every fucking thing you liked and turn it to shit.

Not necessarily.  Doctor Who came back better than ever.  They didn't "pc it up" although there's a definite acknowledgement that today's audience is more comfortable with "adult" issues than last time around.  For example, some scenes were apparently cut in which Sylvester McCoy's sidekick Ace makes it clear she's not a virgin.  Fast forward 20 years and Captain Jack Harkness is constantly trying to get across every man, woman and alien he can get a grip of.

I do think Space 1999 would suffer from people going "that never happened".