You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 Games of the Year (2015)

Cardie

Doesn't have to have been released in 2015 just the top 5 games you played and enjoyed in 2015 on any format, of any type.

5) - Cities Skylines - Everything Sim City should have been before EA fucked it up.

4) - Kerbal Space Program - Rocket building space fun.

3) - Football Manager 2008 - despite buying at least 3 later versions I keep going back to this and racking up a ridiculous numbers of hours.

2) - Fallout 4 - Wasted a good 100+ hours so far wandering the wasteland wasting any motherfucker who crosses me despite the ropey main story and shockingly poor graphics/character work for a game that long in development from that big a company.

1) - Witcher 3 - superior to Fallout in almost every way, characters are more fleshed out and interesting, visually stunning, a world easily as rich and dense in content as fallout with a far more interesting main storyline.

• Upvote 1

Not played many new games this year. There are a few games that i look at as one long game over multiple titles so ill use them

Mass Effect series (well till the rnding anyway)

Assassins Creed (Ezio storyline only)

Red Dead Redemption

Batman Arkham Series

GTA

• Upvote 1

In no special order:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - dark masterpiece with tons of (dark) humor and near flawless gameplay. Ingenious integration of achievements (trophies on consoles I guess)

XCOM: Enemy Unknwon (with Enemy Within DLC) - Usually suck at strategy games and hate them, not this though. Great interface and game design to make turn based combat highly enjoyable. The base building part works great too.

Rayman Origins - First Rayman I've  ever played. Utterly charming and hilarious. Play this in Local Co-Op with a loved one or some mates for best results. Truly a game for everybody.

FM 2012 - Still playing a save of this with a mate, we manage to make time for it like once every one or two weeks. Don't even think 2012 was that great a year for the FM games, our save is a lot of fun though.

LucasArts classics - I replayed three of my all time faves in the remastered editions this year: Monkey Island 1/2 and Grim Fandango. Three absolute classics, still ace.

I still need to get into Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 properly so I'll leave them off my list.

5) Batman: Arkham Knight. A fitting end to things; it felt cinematic, with a few standout moments and some nice interplay between Batman and Joker. I know some didn't like how integral the Batmobile was, but I enjoyed the whole tank mini-game theme.

4) Velocity 2X. Very simple but very addictive, and scratched a bit of that itch I had for a decent Metroid-inspired title.

3) Splatoon. Multiplayer shooter, minus abusive voice chat, plus Nintendo colourfulness equals Splatoon.

2) Until Dawn. I don't like horror games, but the lure of choices affecting your game lured me in. Far smarter and slicker than it seems to have been given credit for, very Heavy Rain-like.

1) Rocket League. Having drifted away from sports games due to their over-complication, this was a revelation. Easy to pick up in quick bursts and when your timing finally clicks it becomes very addictive. And to think I almost wrote it off as another PS+ filler title.