You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers gone

littletedwest

Been expecting it to be honest.

He should of been more for us and I actually liked his philosophy but its one thing to talk about it and another to start implementing it. He made too many changes to his original philosophy and how the team is setup.

As it has been said many times, he didn't what his best team was let alone get them to play at a high standard. 

Was it too soon or too late I honestly don't know, at least he gave it his best but has been found wanting.

Good luck Brendan, I wish you well in your next endeavor. 

But whats next for us?

The timing is not as mental as leaving it to Christmas and then firing his ass when ever more damage was done. In reality they have been really fair to their boy Rodgers.

Gave him extra funds, allowed him to sign his players and assessed whether the rot had truly set in. It had. He's been treated extremely fairly. He can have no complaints.

Liverpool are owned by Fenway Sports Group and a joint statement from principal owner John W Henry, chairman Tom Werner and president Mike Gordon said:

"We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

"All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game."

"Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it."

Liverpool's next manager - the key contenders

Jurgen Klopp

Former Borussia Dortmund manager

Carlo Ancelotti

Former Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG manager

Frank de Boer

Current manager of Ajax

Walter Mazzarri

Former Inter Milan manager

Jurgen Klinsmann

Manager of the United States

The 2nd place season was a hell of a ride, but the rest of it has been a jumbled and at times cowardly mess. Let's get someone now with a clear vision and a proper track record. 

15919543-icon-trash-can-and-file-Stock-V

Page 181 is being scrawled as we speak.

Dossier (version 2) - Chapter one - Per ardua ad astra - How to get maximum compo money from Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

I've got no sympathy whatsoever for him, didn't want him, and thought he was an arrogant cunt.

I won't be a hypocrite and wish him the best he was a stain on the club like Hodgson. Had Suarez had the same attitude as Torres under Hodgson and basically downed tools I doubt if he'd of lasted more than 12 months.

A fraud and a charlatan along with the rest of the committee (all of whom should either be sacked or removed from any football related decision making.)

Fuck him and send him to the geordies they'll swallow his fucking bullshit.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I've got no sympathy whatsoever for him, didn't want him, and thought he was an arrogant cunt.

I won't be a hypocrite and wish him the best he was a stain on the club like Hodgson. Had Suarez had the same attitude as Torres under Hodgson and basically downed tools I doubt if he'd of lasted more than 12 months.

A fraud and a charlatan along with the rest of the committee (all of whom should either be sacked or removed from any football related decision making.)

Fuck him and send him to the geordies they'll swallow his fucking bullshit.

Nailed.

"Rodgers was not told at Goodison Park. He was visited at home by Ian Ayre and I am told he took the news with dignity and good grace. Many of the players are now off on international duty and so there was was no chance to say goodbye to them.

*sniff* can we give him his job back?