You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for tomorrow

Bert

Dudek

Josemi Carra Hyypia Riise

Hamann Alonso

Garcia Gerrard Kewell

Cisse

Just my opinion. Would like Kirky in but benitez has already said its too early for him. Just feel that at OT would like a bit more solidity in midfield - hence Hamann. What do people think??

Definitely the side who played the other night. The problem with a defensive style of play (ie including Didi over Xabi) is that the mancs will not take many chances and attack us they are there for the taking.. they have lost the fear factor of recent years plus they are not good anymore!

What is the point in defending against a side who are bricking it about losing (I know at the best of times they cannt bear LFC beating them but this time they are fucking desperate - ie if they lose they have very little chance of catching up with Arsenal and Chelsea)

As Rafa says, we play every game to win.

Same as Monaco for me.

I'm not sure I'd throw Kirkland back into the mix in such a big game after having been out for so long (on and off.)

Can't see the benefit of playing Hamann against a midfield that is there for the taking.

Completely agree with that. Their midfield is very weak. Ditto the defence - possibly the weakest it's been under Fergie. The midweek side will be chomping at the bit to carry on where they left off, so why break their momentum?

I'd have no qualms about putting CK straight in, OT or not, but the decision's already made so it's moot.

We are going to spank them. 2-0, Gerrard and Cisse. Come on you Reds!!!

No need for caution, they are struggling big time, we should go for it. I (i'm afraid) know a few Mancs, and they seem pretty worried about LFC (mainly Stevie,Garcia,Cisse,Baros,Alonso)

What ever the result against that lot, i'm not arsed after Monaco, i have a feeling we might start playing a bit of football again, and thats enough for me (the results will come eventually)

With their defence in the state it's in at the moment Garcia and Cisse could have a field day. Hamann would only cause us to defend deeper than we need to. With Gerrard and Alonso supplying the bullets we should have no problem turning them over - although I always get a bit wary when so many people are so confident that we're going to win. The mancs might be shit at the moment, but it's usually when we're least confident of beating them that we manage to pull out a result...

Dudek

Josemi Carra Hyypia Riise

Hamann Alonso

Garcia Gerrard Kewell

Cisse

Just my opinion. Would like Kirky in but benitez has already said its too early for him. Just feel that at OT would like a bit more solidity in midfield - hence Hamann. What do people think??

I think it has worked well using Garcia in a creative role just behind Cisse, so I would keep Finnan on the right of midfield. I would also keep the partnership of Alonso / Gerrard at the centre of midfield (thus Hamann on the bench).

One thing I am a bit worried about is our left side against Ronaldo. Riise needs som defensive support from midfield and perhaps Warnock can do better than Kewell in that respect.

Bjorn