You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24th August 2015 - Away to Arsenal

WhiskeyJar

Benteke is absolutely useless. Another forward better at defending than attacking. What happened to Rodgers' philosophy? Might as well bring back Houllier if we're going to play long-ball shite.

Clyne outstanding. Best right-back in the league now that Ivanovic's dropped off? I think so.

Firmino and Coutinho looked great. Milner is a great pro, but a terrible passer.

We looked like the 5th best side in the league, and that's where we'll finish.

What a load of shite. Fuck off, cunt

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Benteke is absolutely useless. Another forward better at defending than attacking. What happened to Rodgers' philosophy? Might as well bring back Houllier if we're going to play long-ball shite.

Clyne outstanding. Best right-back in the league now that Ivanovic's dropped off? I think so.

Firmino and Coutinho looked great. Milner is a great pro, but a terrible passer.

No.

Great performance tonight

Lucas is no great shakes or a loss if he goes but as long as we get an improvement in because as average as he is,he still our best cdm

Young Rositer isn't gonna make it sadly so hopefully we can get a great 'sitter' on the books.

Also think we need another wide/pacey player with end product.lallana hasn't done it (gutted I thought he was gonna be great) and Ibe's not hit his stride yet so we need a sterling with end product

So thumbs up to Rodgers and the boys by and large? I think so and may it continue in this manner.  i would''ve brought on Ings rather than Ibe for Frimino to inject some vigor in the upper end of the midfield. Benteke improving every passing game and will earn our trust sooner than later. Above all our Achilles heel, the defense, is gelling and growing in confidence with young Gomez impressing and Clyne putting in another solid performance. Firmimino showed flashes of brilliance but he's lacking in fitness at this stage. And oh, kudos to Can who brought some dynamism and adventure to our midfield. Overall a good game, specially first half, which either side could have nicked but a draw is a fair result and satisfactory one for me. 

• Upvote 2

Great performance tonight

Lucas is no great shakes or a loss if he goes but as long as we get an improvement in because as average as he is,he still our best cdm

Young Rositer isn't gonna make it sadly so hopefully we can get a great 'sitter' on the books.

Also think we need another wide/pacey player with end product.lallana hasn't done it (gutted I thought he was gonna be great) and Ibe's not hit his stride yet so we need a sterling with end product

By Rossitter '' not making it '' I gather you mean as a DM ? Bit early, no ?

Good point that. We could have been a couple up after an excellent first half, but they were always going to come back at us in the second half. We were resolute and got a draw. Might have won it, but I'll take a point there.

Seven points after two tough always, and we are looking resolute. I'll take it. Onwards and upwards.

Oh, and well done young Joe Gomez. Looked assured all night long. If Stones is worth 30-40M, what price our lad? Looks a player. Keep it going lad!

Seems to be a lot more fight about us this season.

I think we'd gone a bit stale and had a few players suffering a hangover from the title challenge, who'd let it wound them a bit too much and who had effectively downed tools. Add that to some of the really poor signings from last season, and that was our problem last season.

We look hungrier and more focused with the few new additions.

I can't fault Milner's attitude. Works his socks off. Clyne has been great too.

Early days, but a win against West Ham will set us up nicely for United. We're not doing too bad considering people had us as being in the bottom half with our opening fixtures.

18 years old.  Played one cup game and scored.  Made one substitute appearance in a creditable draw.

Written off by Old Skool Tom.

I wish I could be arsed to copy this comment into the "Shitness of Modern Football" thread.

• Upvote 1

Great character from the lads. Should have been a few ahead 1st half but the sheer effort and cohesion from the boys bodes very well. The boy Coutinho is the best dribbler bar Messi out there a simply stunning footballer, Benteke and Sturridge are going to hit it off big time, those two have all the attributes a front 2 need. Fair fucks to lovren, been great this season long may it continue. Clyne Skrtel Migs and Milner all great but special mention to Joe Gomez who was imperious tonight, there was a moment tonight when Arsenal had us absolutely penned in and Gomez intercepted a cross field ball and powered his way up the pitch, completely reliving the pressure on the team, fantastic from the boy long may it continue.

Worst post in a sea of positivity. Benteke was brilliant.

• Upvote 3

But when asked if he believes Lucas will be a Liverpool player next Tuesday, Rodgers replied: “Yes.

“Lucas is our best defensive midfield player we have. There are games in which I will pay three midfield players and not always want a specific defensive one.

“But when we do need that, he's the best that we have.

“He came in at Arsenal and did a great job, and is very much part of what we want to do.

“Of course, every player wants to play every minute of every game and you can never guarantee that as a manager.

“But he is certainly very important to what we want to do, and is highly respected by myself, the coaching staff and the players.”