You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Well, then who was better, available and willing to come, all for the same or less money? Genuinely curious - ftr, I would have signed John Guidetti.

I'd try Jovetic, put a cheeky bid in for Walcott, both are injury prone, but we'd then have four strikers on our books, ample cover for injuries (assuming we get rid of Borini, Balotelli and Lambert). Besides, I honestly think Ings at least will pleasantly surprise us.

At the very least, we could ask our awesome scouts to find someone not in the league who could fit the bill?

Looking abroad... It's quite difficult to secure a good signing without CL football, but have we even tried? Tevez was available, I doubt we bothered even trying, and we all know that he's a merc... Murial, but he's stagnated a bit recently, Tello, although I'm not sure how his loan went at Porto, but he's young, had pace to burn and was deemed a very good prospect a few years back.

Fact is, I don't watch much outside of games in our league, but that's why you have scouts. Ours seem to watch even less than I do though.

A good start is half the battle. Suarez scored for us within minutes of coming on and Torres tore Chelsea apart fifteen minutes in for his first. We should be building our attack around him for the Stoke game.

Some very legitimate concerns about how we'll use him, but he'll clearly give us something completely different a season after we played Sterling up top and - justifiably - left Balotelli, Borini and Lambert on the bench.

I think this is really the main issue. He's a proven goal scorer and if given good service and stays injury free he should be able to comfortably bang in 20+ every year. 

Build the style of play to suit his strengths. 

I think this is really the main issue. He's a proven goal scorer and if given good service and stays injury free he should be able to comfortably bang in 20+ every year.

Build the style of play to suit his strengths.

But that would mean potentially changing what makes Coutinho, Sturridge, Lallana and possibly Firmino such effective players.

Probably the fact that he's more or less the same fee, at a similar age and he plays the same exact style, with the same physical qualities, for a mid table team that runs all their play through him, with a similar injury record, going through the same purple patch when we decided to buy them.

But Barre that they're nothing alike.

Oh yeah? Well at least he never had to shack up with Kevin Nolan.

• Upvote 1