You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

45 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The binary thought of one bad so the other must be good at play here? Of course some may veiw Macron/Von der Leyen as the fluffy cuddly types, same as how some tory supporters view Johnson.

Reads letter, mimics the presenter of jazz club on the fast show smoking a one skin saying  "nice"

If I could be arsed, I'd search this thread for a point that I'm sure I made before the Referendum: namely that it's obvious that the EU wouldn't bend over backwards to make Brexit a winner for the UK, because that would only encourage nationalist nutjobs in every other Member State, which would risk the peace and prosperity of 27 countries.

My understanding of the current case is that the Johnson Government is trying to squirm out of yet another agreement they'd signed up to and the French are saying "Fuck 'em". It's not nice, but what did anyone expect?

33 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've never seen that opinion expressed anywhere.

Not exactly them words but some people's love knows no bounds.

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If I could be arsed, I'd search this thread for a point that I'm sure I made before the Referendum: namely that it's obvious that the EU wouldn't bend over backwards to make Brexit a winner for the UK, because that would only encourage nationalist nutjobs in every other Member State, which would risk the peace and prosperity of 27 countries.

My understanding of the current case is that the Johnson Government is trying to squirm out of yet another agreement they'd signed up to and the French are saying "Fuck 'em". It's not nice, but what did anyone expect?

Where in the link i posted does it give you reason to post your last paragraph? In this case it seems the opposite. Macron has an election coming up and Capitalists gonna make capital.

Has anyone seen a figure for what the UK stand to gain from joint the US in gazumping the French for those submarines to Australia? As sure as night follows day France were going to get nasty with the UK and they don't really need much help from the EU due to the power they have over UK imports and exports.

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Where in the link i posted does it give you reason to post your last paragraph? In this case it seems the opposite. Macron has an election coming up and Capitalists gonna make capital.

It wasn't in response to your post, directly, but it's just a bit of context.

My understanding (and I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me) is that the Withdrawal Agreement contains provisions for UK and EU trawlers to continue to be licensed to fish each other's waters as before: the French have stuck to this, but the UK Government is withholding licenses from 40 French vessels. (Obviously, this threatens the livelihoods of people who have fished those waters for generations, but the Tories don't give a fuck about British workers, so we can't expect them to care about foreign workers.)

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is typical of a lot of responses to that Alex Wickham tweet.

Screenshot_2021-11-01-12-34-08-73_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Here's another response, and probably the veiw of the vast majority of the voters at the next election.

Sematics, you said the EU had some sort of right to punish people foe making a democratic choice.

I gather from the responses to that some are willing to take the word of a NeoCon French prime minister and the EU  in their fight against British fisherman. This must be example number 64 or something of why any working class person would vote for the modern day Labour Party. After the next election you'll get the same old story where the Labour right wing luvvies wonder why the working class has told the Labour Party to go  fuck themselves

Go Macron go.

The modern day Labour Party... We're with the French fisherman, we're with the Romanian fruit pickers, we're on the side of rhe Polish coffee workers, Labour are on the side of the Latvian lorry drivers, Labour luvvies are on the side of EU construction workers. Crack on. Good luck.

Day after another election annihilation, Labour members scratch head 'why didn't the working class vote for us?"

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

My understanding (and I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me) is that the Withdrawal Agreement contains provisions for UK and EU trawlers to continue to be licensed to fish each other's waters as before: the French have stuck to this, but the UK Government is withholding licenses from 40 French vessels. (Obviously, this threatens the livelihoods of people who have fished those waters for generations, but the Tories don't give a fuck about British workers, so we can't expect them to care about foreign workers.)

Judging by the responses on this page can we put Britain's fisherman into an ever growing category of working class occupations the modern day Labour Party are not willing to fight for?  

Are we are entering into a bizarre twilight zone where Labour Party members are cheerleading unelected right wing  EU bureaucrats who promise to make life harder for the British working class? British nationals who took part in and abided by a democratic vote to leave the EU. 

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In the voice of Cilla, Suprise Suprise. 

Labour Party EU supporters end up with egg on face. Meanwhile yet another batch of working class Labour voters tell the Labour Party at the next election to go fuck themselves.

39 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

In the voice of Cilla, Suprise Suprise. 

Labour Party EU supporters end up with egg on face. Meanwhile yet another batch of working class Labour voters tell the Labour Party at the next election to go fuck themselves.

After they have told labour to fuck off tell them to have fun at the food bank whilst they people they vote for have £200 steaks for dinner

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

After they have told labour to fuck off tell them to have fun at the food bank whilst they people they vote for have £200 steaks for dinner

You think people in this country were not going to fucking food banks before we left the EU? Is that your point?

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

You think people in this country were not going to fucking food banks before we left the EU? Is that your point?

Nope they were.

And thanks to the gmnt who created this situation, they decided to give them.another 5 years.

Said it another thread but if you vote Tory you are a cunt.

Pure and simple.

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Nope they were.

And thanks to the gmnt who created this situation, they decided to give them.another 5 years.

Said it another thread but if you vote Tory you are a cunt.

Pure and simple.

But it's not "pure and simple" no one should own your vote, you deserve it to yourself to make sure the party that gains your vote deserves your endorsement.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Sematics, you said the EU had some sort of right to punish people foe making a democratic choice.

No I didn't.

If I say, for example, that there's likely to be a major earthquake in the next few years, that doesn't mean I'm pro-earthquake; it just means I'm stating the absolutely bleeding obviously.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But it's not "pure and simple" no one should own your vote, you deserve it to yourself to make sure the party that gains your vote deserves your endorsement.

I'm not saying that.

If you are a normal working person and vote tory,you are either a fucking simpleton or a cunt.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No I didn't.

If I say, for example, that there's likely to be a major earthquake in the next few years, that doesn't mean I'm pro-earthquake; it just means I'm stating the absolutely bleeding obviously.

Strange a lot of posters on a 'left' wing Liverpool forum seem to be backing the unelected right wing eu/French bureaucrats over working class British workers when evidence suggests British fisherman/workers are (in this instance anyway) not in the wrong 

'Scratches head' wonders why Labour are going to get hammered at the next election.