You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace at home

Kevin D

I think we need one of the biggest revolutions this club has ever seen, we need a new manager, new coaching team and an almost complete new first team, we are an utter mess

will probably finish 5th, semi- finals of lcup and facup... yep .been a nightmare of a season.. ffs why dont all of you realise rome was not built in a day or a season... patience is a virtue... dont suppose any of you remember us in the old 2nd division? i do so it takes time..... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One more game and this wretched, hellish season is over. I can't wait, I am literally counting the days. That was an absolutely atrocious performance. I'm not accepting "emotion" as an excuse because that doesn't make you do the things we do today.

Dejan Lovren's "performance" today was absolutely disgusting. He doesn't even do the basics write, Bolasie had him off twice early on because he kept trying to keep tight and nick the ball. You can't do that against players like Bolasie, he will just turn and use his pace every time. He is as thick as pigshit. He wasn't alone today, he really wasn't. Rodgers had a shocker because we didn't look balanced and his substitutions were alarmingly poor. He used to always make positive changes and that has stopped recently. Really concerning.

I have backed Sterling but he was frankly a disgrace today. I know young players have ups and downs and I'm fine with it, but he plays with no hunger and no passion, which I can't accept.

It was just a mess and typical Liverpool - a sizeable let down when the occasion deserved so much more. A fitting end to an awful campaign.

• Upvote 3

I have to admit I've got a pain in my bollox watching shite teams just having to get stuck into us and want to win more and they get the win.

It was like the villa semi final a team we should be able to beat and don't.

I'm still pissed off over that performance & Gerrard deserved better than that.

• Upvote 1

Well what a shit game that was.

Before the game at the Sandon, it was good hearing the fans go through their repertoire of songs and particularly gusty performances of the Steven Gerrard. It was sung a few times. But, the sense was more of a wake than a joyous celebration of our greatest ever player.

Gerrard said himself that some fans opinion of him may have changed over the years and, reading many of the posts on forums, he's probably right that there are a number of these transient fans about the place.

But, is he our greatest? Ive always thought the King was the greatest ever Liverpool player. Ive thought that right up to this season. No one can deny what the King brought to this club beside medals and trophies. Above all is dignity and statesmanship.

The King has the benefit of playing in an all conquering team for a number of years before becoming manager. Gerrard doesnt have that luxury. Yet.

Despite this, gerrard has been the go to player at this club for so long, Ive forgotten just when that transition took place. Was it when ged made him Captain? Or was it in Instanbul? Or Wembley? Does it matter?

Gerrard has done tons for the club both on and off the field. The on the field stuff most fans will recognise. the off the field stuff, less so. Despite this, Gerrard has been instrumental in all our trophy wins since 2000 in my opinion.

I'll never forget the the FA Cup Final against west ham. Shaky performances by reina and carragher had seen us behind in a game that should have been a cakewalk.

The game was entering its final seconds and we had the look of a beaten team. Id just uttered the words 'we need a miracle now' to my lad and fully expected the ref to put the whistle to his lips and blow for full time. And then out of nowhere a ball bounce in front of Stevie and he leathered it with all his remaining strength from 30 plus yards.

It was one of those surreal moments when everything seems to go in slowmotion as you're watching something then when its over everything returns to normal speed. And that's how it was for me as the ball left his foot until it nestled in the back of hislop's goal.

Some people could write a book on that type of ‘Stevie’ moment. The same could be said for Istanbul when just about every fan was dreading the second half after going in at half time 3-0. Some fans left the stadium, maybe some even switched tv channels. I know I thought about it. For all of a couple of seconds that is because you just don’t do that, do you? You don’t renege on ‘your’ club.

And so it was when Stevie leapt like a salmon to head that first goal. I mean its not that he’s really noted for scoring that many headers is it (the equaliser at Chelsea springs to mind though!)

There are so many games that Gerrard pulled, pushed, cajoled whatever you want to call it, a win or rescue a point for Liverpool. And he did that in frankly some very ordinary sides. It irks me that some nobs chat shit about salah or luke Chadwick have more Premier League winners medals than gerrard. Well yes, that because they played for clubs who could actually spend a shit load of money on players and it mattered squat if the said player turned out to be as good as a downing or Djimi traore. Oh, and salah hasn’t qualified for a medal, Chelsea are just buying him one so does it count?

We’re constantly reminded that gerrard’s slip cost us the title last season. Only it didn’t. Hull City away anyone? Or Toure’s gift to allow lardarse anichebe to equalise at the hawthorns?

I find it ironic the transfer talk is about the club looking to sign 35 year old Pirlo who has never played in the PL while letting gerrard go. Strange world, eh?

But never mind, Steven Gerrard is the greatest Liverpool player in my opinion. He’s had to carry the hopes and expectations of this club over the years when the team just hasn’t been up to the job. And not just that, he’s done it with dignity and statesmanship, just like the King.

Unlike the King though, he didn’t have the quality of players around him at the time we needed them to win just one title, number 19. never mind several of them that the King managed.

The game? Oh yeah, that was shit. lallana worked hard for his goal. sterling was just shit, how did he stay on the pitch for 90+ minutes? Can was woeful and picked up yet another needless booking. The defence was shocking. Again. The melaise even spread to Skrtel and yet again, we took short goal kicks that immediately put Mignolet under pressure. Just fuck it off, will you?

Righto, off to pay my 800 and odd quid or whatever it is to renew the seassie. Fucking sort it out Liverpool. This cant go on much longer.

• Upvote 10

Djokovic went from a nearly there athlete to a world class winner when he realised that if he upped his game by 2% he would win Grand Slams. Those fine details and percentage points are the difference.

Thanks, I find stuff like that really inspiring, and it's something that people from all walks of life could use to better themselves in all types of areas. The thing that gets me is that if Rodgers had just applied something like this and stuck with it throughout the course of this season, we could've had CL football by now, and maybe we'd have got to the final at least in one other competition.

Maybe the pressure of knowing that this is his first season with basically a side that he's had the most part in assembling with plenty of cash, has just got to him. I'm still neutral right now and think that what happened today has got to a lot of us. I know that many already wanted him out, and this earlier on pretty much had me in the same place. Yes, if we can get Klopp or Ancelotti then of course, it's maybe the best thing to do (I don't think we'll get either btw), but if Rodgers stays, maybe he'll also know that he's had his almost winning the league season, then he's had a fucking nightmare of a season in several respects, but the next one will probably be the decider. Maybe he can make the right transfers and sort this mess out somehow.

I have no idea what will happen, but if he stays and we're still looking like a joke next season and he's spent quite a bit more cash, then I think that he should be gone by around October. At another club maybe he should get until the end of the season, but after years here now at this club, I think he should have this side sorted out a lot better by next season. If he hasn't then I think he should go.

No, you either make the decision now, or you waste another season and the people you need to turn it around for you will be in another job. 

Rodgers needs to go. Ancelotti, Klopp, Rafa, in that order please. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers was lauding it when his Swansea team were the darlings of the day. That quote about people having heard of his team and now getting a chance to see is pure arrogance. 

Then he gets a chance to work with one of the top 3 players in the world & Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling etc

Then he loses freddie mercury but he gets to spend a shit load of cash. 

If he was truly the dog's biscuits at Swansea on little or no cash, then what the actual fuck is the problem when you have hundreds of millions to spend? 

• Upvote 1

No, you either make the decision now, or you waste another season and the people you need to turn it around for you will be in another job. 

Rodgers needs to go. Ancelotti, Klopp, Rafa, in that order please. 

Maybe Rafa, but I'd say no chance of Ancelotti or Klopp personally. I think it's simply not going to happen. Maybe Man City and Bayern for those two.

And if the manager is good enough, a team not doing well in October can still do well by the end if they do their job properly. We should be looking for a proven winner if Rodgers goes, and they can turn things around quickly. If we just go for another manager that hasn't proven himself, then maybe our problems are truly with the owners instead.

If we keep him we will just lose to any top 4 team 3/4-0, then we will just beat Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester, He will claim that we've turned a corner then bottle it against someone decent.

We will go out of the Europa League and the two domestic cup competitions to try and concentrate on getting CL football but will just shit the bed and end up sixth. That's after we've wasted more money on shit or average players.

If we keep him we will just lose to any top 4 team 3/4-0, then we will just beat Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester, He will claim that we've turned a corner then bottle it against someone decent.

We will go out of the Europa League and the two domestic cup competitions to try and concentrate on getting CL football but will just shit the bed and end up sixth. That's after we've wasted more money on shit or average players.

Not if we sign a few decent players. I do get that the odds are stacked against him now though. This doesn't look like a squad he can just sort out with one decent signing. It seems to have problems in several areas, and he still keeps playing Lovren, who I think shouldn't be played much now, but he still sticks with him. To have him in central defence for me is a massive error, and I still can't get that image out of my head of him standing with Kelly earlier. I think Kelly and Agger should've stayed. Agger would've trounced what Lovren has done this season for a start.

I'm basically trying to be optimistic though because I don't think he'll be sacked, and I think he can still do well, but the chances of that clearly don't look too good right now.

Anyway, just having my quick say, as today badly pissed me off and it was brewing away inside me, haven't felt like that for a while.

Maybe Rafa, but I'd say no chance of Ancelotti or Klopp personally. I think it's simply not going to happen. Maybe Man City and Bayern for those two.

And if the manager is good enough, a team not doing well in October can still do well by the end if they do their job properly. We should be looking for a proven winner if Rodgers goes, and they can turn things around quickly. If we just go for another manager that hasn't proven himself, then maybe our problems are truly with the owners instead.

See this is the problem. We need to get Ancelotti, we need to get Klopp, we need to go all out and offer these guys Sterling level wages and above with a 150m kitty and total say over transfers. Our whole attitude is that of a loser right now. We are an established champagne brand, not some fucking energy drink. If we back it up with some serious wedge our name can draw just about anyone, including(not that you'd want the cunt) shitcoat. 

Fuck par. Fuck 4th. Fuck mediocrity. Go out in a blaze of glory or sit the fuck down. And fuck Ian Ayre too. 

• Upvote 6

See this is the problem. We need to get Ancelotti, we need to get Klopp, we need to go all out and offer these guys Sterling level wages and above with a 150m kitty and total say over transfers. Our whole attitude is that of a loser right now. We are an established champagne brand, not some fucking energy drink. If we back it up with some serious wedge, our name can draw just about anyone, including(not that you'd want the cunt) shitcoat. 

Fuck par. Fuck 4th. Fuck mediocrity. Go out in a blaze of glory or sit the fuck down. And fuck Ian Ayre too. 

Yeah I just don't think it's realistic when you have clubs like Man City and Bayern possibly competing with us. I do think we should try in a big way though if it's possible, agreed on that.

You need someone canny who can appeal to their sense of history and desire to set their name into the record books. I think Ancelotti is doable. I don't think Ayre head or leather glove man have a hope of persuading him though. If he comes it'll be because (like Section says) he wants to get the old girl going again. I think a gentlemen like Ancelotti would take a great deal of pride in having achieved that. 

will probably finish 5th, semi- finals of lcup and facup... yep .been a nightmare of a season.. ffs why dont all of you realise rome was not built in a day or a season... patience is a virtue... dont suppose any of you remember us in the old 2nd division? i do so it takes time..... 

I remember the second division days. We got a manager with vision, an eye for talent and supreme motivational skills. Exactly what we don't have now.

• Upvote 5